Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can’t fly higher than 30m in China.
885 12 2018-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PandaCheese
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253986 ft
China

Anyone has experience flying in China? I bought my Pro in the US, followed all the registration rules in both countries. I’m 100% logged into DJI GO 4, even reinstalled it, latest firmwares, map coordinates optimized for China, beginner mode definitely not on, etc, yet something prevents it from going above 30m height/50m distance.

I’m not in a restricted zone either. Very frustrating.
2018-7-11
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Just for the heck of it did you try Sport mode?
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, we are sorry for the frustration this have caused you. However please be minded that each country has different transmit power restrictions. To meet the requirement of transmit power, the aircraft will set the settings to country code based on its location.
2018-7-11
Use props
PandaCheese
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-11 15:00
Hello, we are sorry for the frustration this have caused you. However please be minded that each country has different transmit power restrictions. To meet the requirement of transmit power, the aircraft will set the settings to country code based on its location.

What you mean by transmit power?
2018-7-11
Use props
PandaCheese
lvl.3
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-7-11 15:00
Just for the heck of it did you try Sport mode?

Think so but I’ll try again.
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

PandaCheese Posted at 2018-7-11 15:29
What you mean by transmit power?

It is the transmission frequency set between aircraft and the remote controller.
2018-7-11
Use props
PandaCheese
lvl.3
China

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-11 15:31
It is the transmission frequency set between aircraft and the remote controller.

So how can I go higher than 30m in China?
2018-7-11
Use props
GDL
First Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

You need registration to fly drone in China. It’s possible the drone locked in beginners mode until you complete registration. Check with DJI in China about drone registrations in China.
2018-7-11
Use props
PandaCheese
lvl.3
United States

GDL Posted at 2018-7-11 22:11
You need registration to fly drone in China. It’s possible the drone locked in beginners mode until you complete registration. Check with DJI in China about drone registrations in China.

As I said at the very beginning of my thread I registered my Mavic Pro in China at uas.caac.gov.cn. I highly doubt that system is somehow hooked into DJI’s backend though to impose beginner mode.

If anyone else has ever tried to fly a US-bought Mavic in China please comment. No productive suggestion so far. I plan to try firmware downgrade next.
2018-7-12
Use props
PandaCheese
lvl.3
United States

PandaCheese Posted at 2018-7-12 09:43
As I said at the very beginning of my thread I registered my Mavic Pro in China at uas.caac.gov.cn. I highly doubt that system is somehow hooked into DJI’s backend though to impose beginner mode.

If anyone else has ever tried to fly a US-bought Mavic in China please comment. No productive suggestion so far. I plan to try firmware downgrade next.

Finally resolved this by tying a Chinese phone # to my account! Flew around the Great Wall at Mutianyu near Beijing with no problem.

My complaint is the prompt that asks you to supply a phone # seems to trigger at random. I actually saw it the first day after I arrived in China but then it went away when I disregarded it. There doesn’t seem to be any indicator in the app tellling you that you missed this critical step. Then all of a sudden it managed to appear again.
2018-7-15
Use props
dronto
Captain
Singapore

Thanks for sharing and glad finally you found the solution
2018-7-15
Use props
GDL
First Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Seems DJI support outside China doesn’t know this as they didn’t mention in the reply above.

Thank for let us know that!
2018-7-15
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

PandaCheese Posted at 2018-7-15 00:28
Finally resolved this by tying a Chinese phone # to my account! Flew around the Great Wall at Mutianyu near Beijing with no problem.

My complaint is the prompt that asks you to supply a phone # seems to trigger at random. I actually saw it the first day after I arrived in China but then it went away when I disregarded it. There doesn’t seem to be any indicator in the app tellling you that you missed this critical step. Then all of a sudden it managed to appear again.

This will help someone in the future. Thank you for returning with answer.
2018-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules