1179 13 2018-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting read, I wonder if this is the real reason for any delays we may seen on the new range of DJI products, #TradeTariffs

https://news.sky.com/story/us-ji ... -trade-war-11428127

2018-7-12
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's only if the issue is pricing.  I think DJI postponed it to be sure to show a market ready device to the public.  We hold them to an extremely high standard.  I think they need to meet that.  I'll stop my thoughts there, as I don't want this to become anything political.  
2018-7-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Good fine and good read.
2018-7-12
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

I also wonder the product launch on July 18 delay may related to the trade war. The timing seems related even this not the only reason.
2018-7-12
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GDL Posted at 2018-7-12 06:32
I also wonder the product launch on July 18 delay may related to the trade war. The timing seems related even this not the only reason.

Lest hope it not delayed, but as you state the timings are strange. I don't think they would delay for software but they would if it was hardware
2018-7-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-7-12 04:02
That's only if the issue is pricing.  I think DJI postponed it to be sure to show a market ready device to the public.  We hold them to an extremely high standard.  I think they need to meet that.  I'll stop my thoughts there, as I don't want this to become anything political.

How boringly political correct and diplomatic of you...
2018-7-12
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-12 07:02
How boringly political correct and diplomatic of you...

You have NO IDEA how much text I deleted before I sent that!!
2018-7-12
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Exib Posted at 2018-7-12 06:46
Lest hope it not delayed, but as you state the timings are strange. I don't think they would delay for software but they would if it was hardware

I agree the timing is strange, but here is why I think there is a lot more than just the tariffs.  These tariffs were talked about before they even set the July 18th date.  So even when they initially announced the event, the tariff implementation date was looming.  Maybe they were hoping it would not go into effect, but I doubt that!
2018-7-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

From article - ''And if we only have the Chinese market to rely on, we have no business.''

(Flip side)  And if we only have the American market to rely on, we have no business.

Why of Trade War.  Last year deficit of $375 Billion.  It is to one sided.  
2018-7-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

I wonder if this is the real reason for any delays we may seen on the new range of DJI products

I doubt it for two reasons.
1) Selling product now or later won't change the U.S. imposed tariff.  And a delay hurts Hoopla of annoucement.
2) A Tariff imposed by U.S. is not a Tariff on Chinese imports to other countries.

2018-7-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would hazard a guess that it is the number one reason...
2018-7-12
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

When the announcement for the event was made, the tariff plans were already known, if it were the tariffs, they wouldn't have even planned the event in the first place.
I think 3-D's assessment is right. Not only us users hold them to a high standard, even more does any liability issues for the simple reason drones are flying machines, and you can not take chances dropping them out of the sky, neither for safety reasons, as for liability, but also to not ruin the built up good image of DJI themselves because it would destroy their market(share) and good name instantaneously.
I can't help but feel that they've discovered some kind of issue, and they act accordingly/responsibly.
2018-7-12
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

thanks for the information
2018-7-12
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-7-12 07:39
When the announcement for the event was made, the tariff plans were already known, if it were the tariffs, they wouldn't have even planned the event in the first place.
I think 3-D's assessment is right. Not only us users hold them to a high standard, even more does any liability issues for the simple reason drones are flying machines, and you can not take chances dropping them out of the sky, neither for safety reasons, as for liability, but also to not ruin the built up good image of DJI themselves because it would destroy their market(share) and good name instantaneously.
I can't help but feel that they've discovered some kind of issue, and they act accordingly/responsibly.

You could be right they must have found something we will never know
2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules