Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Distance limit exceeded. Cannot shoot panorama.
4008 13 2018-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Her-man2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151191 ft

Hi,

I bought my Mavic Air last weekend after giving it much thought between the air and the pro. So I wanted to test photos and videos. Both work fine whether the Air is nearby, just a few meters, or a bit farther away, altitude about 10-15 meters and horizontal distance about 10-15 meters too. But when I try to capture a panorama it shows the distance limit exceeded cannot shoot panorama message. In my opinion the Air is quite nearby so I don’t get the warning and further refusal in doing a panoramic shot. Anyone seen this before? And know a solution?

I installed the latest firmware for both the Air and the RC.

Thanks for any input!

Herman
2018-7-12
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Check are you fly in beginner mode.
2018-7-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Are you in beginner mode?
2018-7-12
Use props
Her-man2
lvl.2

Woe Posted at 2018-7-12 06:23
Are you in beginner mode?

Hmm you could have a point. I started practicing in beginner mode. But somehow I think I switched to normal. Will have to check this again as soon the wind conditions are getting better and I can free up some time. I will update the thread with my findings!

Does the flight log indicate whether I was flying in beginner mode?

Thanks for the tip though!
2018-7-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

A few people have run into problem and resolved it by refreshing the FW.  A few got past problem by turning off Distance Limit.  
Several got around problem by disabling APAS.  At least one case of to slow a microSD card, ?but why the message?
2018-7-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Her-man2 Posted at 2018-7-12 06:44
Hmm you could have a point. I started practicing in beginner mode. But somehow I think I switched to normal. Will have to check this again as soon the wind conditions are getting better and I can free up some time. I will update the thread with my findings!

You're welcome. Let us know how it goes.
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Her-man2 Posted at 2018-7-12 06:44

Hi, sorry to read on this, once you confirm if it was in beginner mode or not and the issue will still persist, I would suggest calibrating the IMU and compass. Please keep us posted for further assistance.
2018-7-12
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Yeah agree with others probably in beginner mode.  Especially if you just recently updated the firmware very possible the setting got reset back to beginner mode.  
2018-7-12
Use props
Her-man2
lvl.2

Hi All,
Today I had the opportunity to test panoramic pictures with the Mavic Air and you all were right, I was probably flying in beginner mode. Today I wasn’t and my first panorama was a success. Not something I would like to share though.... so I am trying and learning the drone.  Next on my list of things to do is to find a model aircraft club in the Netherlands and learn to fly a drone in a safe and responsible way.
Thanks for your tips!
Herman
2018-7-14
Use props
TX99517
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274649 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same problem.  Once it reached the distance limit, I couldn’t take a pano. I moved it back a few feet and it worked. I have since extended the distance limit and haven’t had an issue.
2018-7-14
Use props
Her-man2
lvl.2

TX99517 Posted at 2018-7-14 09:55
I had the same problem.  Once it reached the distance limit, I couldn’t take a pano. I moved it back a few feet and it worked. I have since extended the distance limit and haven’t had an issue.

I still need to experiment a bit/lot more before I "grasp" all the settings possible and the interaction between various settings. Next thing on my list is the compass calibration "issue". But I've already seen threads discussing that one (and is less annoying compared to not being able to take panorama's).
2018-7-16
Use props
TX99517
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274649 ft
  • >>>
United States

Her-man2 Posted at 2018-7-16 02:49
I still need to experiment a bit/lot more before I "grasp" all the settings possible and the interaction between various settings. Next thing on my list is the compass calibration "issue". But I've already seen threads discussing that one (and is less annoying compared to not being able to take panorama's).

I haven't had a compass issue or IMU issue.  I am fairly new to this as well and asked early on about calibration.  It was decided that it's not recommended/needed unless the bird specifically says to.  I have been flying all over my local area now with zero issues from either.  
2018-7-16
Use props
fans8e7a06e5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122831 ft

I had similar issue few days ago at distance of 290 meters. At first it appeared after all 34 photos. Then MP failed with the same message again and again without making even single photo. Funny thing - it started to shoot again when I flew further away.
2018-8-21
Use props
Her-man2
lvl.2

fans8e7a06e5 Posted at 2018-8-21 11:54
I had similar issue few days ago at distance of 290 meters. At first it appeared after all 34 photos. Then MP failed with the same message again and again without making even single photo. Funny thing - it started to shoot again when I flew further away.

One of the few reasons I can come up with is probably be related to the antenna pattern. I can imagine that there are small gaps in the field of coverage as generated by the rc. I did some tests “in the middle of nowhere” and WiFi/Bluetooth of my phone switched off. Flying away in a straight horizontal line, it turned out that at a few distances video was “jerky”. When flying farther away, video was normal again. With that in mind, knowing antenna patterns, I can imagine that at some moments functionality gets reduced temporarily. Until you are really out of range. My own visual line of sight is only 100-150m. So I don’t go beyond that. And TX power in Europe is less than US TX power.
2018-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules