Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will My Spark Work With S8+
1301 20 2018-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juan Largo
lvl.1

United States

Sorry, dupe.......
Juan.
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, kindly check the recommended devices below. If you have another concern, please let us know.

spark recommended devices.PNG
2018-7-12
Use props
Juan Largo
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-12 08:07
Hi there, kindly check the recommended devices below. If you have another concern, please let us know.

Thank you, I assume the S8 and S8+ are functionally the same with just a larger screen on the S8+.  If that is not correct please let me know.  I don't want to lose my drone on the first flight.
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Juan Largo Posted at 2018-7-12 08:19
Thank you, I assume the S8 and S8+ are functionally the same with just a larger screen on the S8+.  If that is not correct please let me know.  I don't want to lose my drone on the first flight.

Hi, thanks for that information, there's a possibility that your phone will work perfectly with our application due to the capability of this and it has the same function as Samsung S8, however, we have to test the unit first to ensure as well the stability of the app with this mobile device and to avoid inconvenience.
2018-7-12
Use props
Juan Largo
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-12 08:33
Hi, thanks for that information, there's a possibility that your phone will work perfectly with our application due to the capability of this and it has the same function as Samsung S8, however, we have to test the unit first to ensure as well the stability of the app with this mobile device and to avoid inconvenience.

Thank you Tony I appreciate your response.  Can you please let me know as soon as you have completed testing with the S8.  These are very popular phones so perhaps you can tune your app to work better with Android devices.

Juan.
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Juan Largo Posted at 2018-7-12 08:37
Thank you Tony I appreciate your response.  Can you please let me know as soon as you have completed testing with the S8.  These are very popular phones so perhaps you can tune your app to work better with Android devices.

Juan.

I would suggest paying attention to our website for further updates, rest assured that we will keep improving our app to provide more option when in terms of phone compatibility. Your patience is highly appreciated. Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance. Thank you.
2018-7-12
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-12 08:33

Well said Tony.
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thank you!
2018-7-12
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Your the Best Tony !

2018-7-12
Use props
Juan Largo
lvl.1

United States

So no joy tonight.  We tried several times to get it set up with the S8+ and every time it would put us in a do loop when I read the QR code on the transmitter.  It says it is not connected and to connect manually.  When I got to networks on my phone it is solidly connected and there is no "Next" function on the app.  It stops there.

Just to see, we were able to set it up on my friends IPhone 6 and flew it with no problems at all.  My Galaxy S8+ has the latest software so we are at a complete loss to understand why it will not work with the Spark.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
2018-7-13
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought a s8 specifically for the spark.  It works beautifully.  Good luck.
2018-7-13
Use props
Dajones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16995 ft

Juan Largo Posted at 2018-7-13 19:13
So no joy tonight.  We tried several times to get it set up with the S8+ and every time it would put us in a do loop when I read the QR code on the transmitter.  It says it is not connected and to connect manually.  When I got to networks on my phone it is solidly connected and there is no "Next" function on the app.  It stops there.

Just to see, we were able to set it up on my friends IPhone 6 and flew it with no problems at all.  My Galaxy S8+ has the latest software so we are at a complete loss to understand why it will not work with the Spark.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

So my Pixel XL behaves the same, I have to sit there and connect/disconnect the WiFi on my phone a few times, eventually it will connect and work fully.
2018-7-14
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

So no joy tonight.  We tried several times to get it set up with the S8+ and every time it would put us in a do loop when I read the QR code on the transmitter.  It says it is not connected and to connect manually.  When I got to networks on my phone it is solidly connected and there is no "Next" function on the app.  It stops there.

Just to see, we were able to set it up on my friends IPhone 6 and flew it with no problems at all.  My Galaxy S8+ has the latest software so we are at a complete loss to understand why it will not work with the Spark.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Try installing the 4.1.15, setup the Spark, then Update Accordingly if you want.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/
2018-7-14
Use props
Juan Largo
lvl.1

United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-14 07:06
Try installing the 4.1.15, setup the Spark, then Update Accordingly if you want.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/

I have tried everything and the Spark will not work with my Galaxy S8 Plus.  I was able to get it up and running just fine in a matter of minutes with my wife's Iphone 7 plus.

So the DJI Spark is simply not compatible with the Galaxy S8 plus and there is no work around, I could not even make it work using an OTG adaptor and connecting directly to the controller.  Several of my friends, who are software and network engineers tried to get it to work and we were completely unable to get a connection with my Galaxy phone.

I am highly suspicious of anyone on this site who says they are able to use a Galaxy S8 or S8 plus with the DJI Spark because the way the WiFi is internally configured in the phone is the problem and it can not be changed, it is the same on all Galaxy S8 and S8 plus phones.

Because of this, there is no way to ever establish a link between the phone and the app, so there is no way to ever get connected to the Spark or the controller even though the WiFi can connect to both of them.  When I scan the QR code on the Spark container the app says it is connected to Phantom which is totally wrong.  And yes, the code and all of the WiFi information on the box is exactly the same as the one under the battery in the Spark drone.

Bottom line, the DJI Spark will simply not work with a Galaxy S8 Plus, period.  I just bought an Ipad mini 4, I know that will work.

DJI, pay more attention to android users, especially Galaxy because if I had known that the DJI Spark would not work with my Galaxy phone I would never have purchased it.  I am very disappointed in DJI.
2018-7-15
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50906 ft
Netherlands

Juan Largo Posted at 2018-7-15 10:47
I have tried everything and the Spark will not work with my Galaxy S8 Plus.  I was able to get it up and running just fine in a matter of minutes with my wife's Iphone 7 plus.

So the DJI Spark is simply not compatible with the Galaxy S8 plus and there is no work around, I could not even make it work using an OTG adaptor and connecting directly to the controller.  Several of my friends, who are software and network engineers tried to get it to work and we were completely unable to get a connection with my Galaxy phone.

I have a S8 'normal' and this device works fine with my Spark. I also always use the latest available DJO GO versions without issues, so why your S8+ can't connect is also a mirracle to me. Only difference might be European vs US devices or maybe some slight changes in hardware during prodution?
2018-7-15
Use props
Juan Largo
lvl.1

United States

Terp1234 Posted at 2018-7-15 11:06
I have a S8 'normal' and this device works fine with my Spark. I also always use the latest available DJO GO versions without issues, so why your S8+ can't connect is also a mirracle to me. Only difference might be European vs US devices or maybe some slight changes in hardware during prodution?

I can tell you for a fact that I have the latest DJI GO 4 application for android and it does not work with the Galaxy S8 plus.  One of the guys who tried to help me is the former VP of network engineering for IBM consumer systems.  The problem is with the app and that is all there is to it.  DJI designed this thing to work with Apple OS.
2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sorry for the late response, did you manage to connect your phone to your remote controller via wi-fi? If yes, I would suggest turning off the mobile data in your S8+ to ensure the stability of the connection then check if there will be changes on the DJI GO 4 app.
2018-7-15
Use props
landude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126407 ft

United States

Try killing all the apps running in the background.
2018-7-15
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50906 ft
Netherlands

Juan Largo Posted at 2018-7-15 12:29
I can tell you for a fact that I have the latest DJI GO 4 application for android and it does not work with the Galaxy S8 plus.  One of the guys who tried to help me is the former VP of network engineering for IBM consumer systems.  The problem is with the app and that is all there is to it.  DJI designed this thing to work with Apple OS.

Hi, yes, I believe you your current combination doesn't work properly. But I was just answering to your question about being suspicious if there is anyone out here with a S8 or S8+ where it is working. And the answer is; yes, it is working in my case. I didn't do anything special to make it work, just installing 'straight of the box' and I have unfortunately no clue that could help you.
I'm working as an IT-architect for some years, involved in implementations of mobile solutions, so this isn't really unknown matter for me as well.
2018-7-15
Use props
Juan Largo
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-15 12:38
Sorry for the late response, did you manage to connect your phone to your remote controller via wi-fi? If yes, I would suggest turning off the mobile data in your S8+ to ensure the stability of the connection then check if there will be changes on the DJI GO 4 app.

My Galaxy S8 plus connects to the Spark and also to the remote WiFi networks without any problems at all except that I have to connect them manually.  Once the Spark, or the remote WiFi is connected the app says it is not.  We did turn off the phone network and also my default internet network.  When the app says I am not connected If I go to my settings it says I am connected.  The DJI GO 4 application has a bug that makes it incompatible with the S8 plus and can not be circumvented by any settings on my phone.  I have a strong suspicion this will also be the case with the Samsung Galaxy S9 as well.

I am now cautioning anyone who has an android device that they run the risk of not being able to operate the DJI Spark with it.   Your application is optimized for use with Apple products so I have purchased an Ipad mini 4, a very expensive fix that I should never have had to make.  Very disappointed.
2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Juan Largo Posted at 2018-7-15 19:31
My Galaxy S8 plus connects to the Spark and also to the remote WiFi networks without any problems at all except that I have to connect them manually.  Once the Spark, or the remote WiFi is connected the app says it is not.  We did turn off the phone network and also my default internet network.  When the app says I am not connected If I go to my settings it says I am connected.  The DJI GO 4 application has a bug that makes it incompatible with the S8 plus and can not be circumvented by any settings on my phone.  I have a strong suspicion this will also be the case with the Samsung Galaxy S9 as well.

I am now cautioning anyone who has an android device that they run the risk of not being able to operate the DJI Spark with it.   Your application is optimized for use with Apple products so I have purchased an Ipad mini 4, a very expensive fix that I should never have had to make.  Very disappointed.

Sorry to let you down, rest assured that this concern will be forwarded to our R&D engineers for us to see what we can for our app to be compatible with this specific device.
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules