Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GREAT Customer Service! Just not from DJI!
965 3 2018-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jyunte
First Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft

I just wanted to post a quick message about an interaction I had 5 minutes ago with an online dealer:

I'm learning to fly racing quads. I needed a receiver to go inside the quad, so bought one online . Every so often, the quad would go into failsafe mode, which is generally considered "Not a Good Thing" (tm). I traced the problem to the receiver and bought a replacement, which has been rock solid. Today, I called the online dealer, and after just 5 minutes, during which time I explained the problem, they asked what I wanted to do - get my money back, or buy something else (since I'd already purchased a new receiver). I know I'm going to need another receiver for another quad, so I said I'd like a replacement for the defective receiver. "No problem. It'll ship today, and you should receive it tomorrow." I told the support guy that I'd send the defective one back, but he said, "Don't even about sending that one back."

What fantastic service, from Horizon Hobby!

THAT, DJI, is how you do customer support in the USA. THAT should be your goal.
2018-7-12
Use props
Jeff7577
First Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft

They are a retailer, not a manufacturer. Why don’t you call up the manufacturer of the bad unit and see how it goes. That’s like comparing DJI to Walmart or Amazon.
2018-7-12
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-7-12 12:57
They are a retailer, not a manufacturer. Why don’t you call up the manufacturer of the bad unit and see how it goes. That’s like comparing DJI to Walmart or Amazon.

Spektrum and Horizon Hobby... Same, Same.
So, yes, Horizon Hobby is also the manufacturer of the Spektrum receiver. I actually called Spektrum (the manufacturing side of Horizon Hobby), and the replacement ships from Horizon Hobby.

So this is like comparing DJI to a business with good customer service.

2018-7-12
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer

Jyunte Posted at 2018-7-12 16:25
Spektrum and Horizon Hobby... Same, Same.
So, yes, Horizon Hobby is also the manufacturer of the Spektrum receiver. I actually called Spektrum (the manufacturing side of Horizon Hobby), and the replacement ships from Horizon Hobby.

Strange how this post does not appear in the list of posts in the Service forum where it was posted, 10 hours ago!
2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules