Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 pro Speed Error
1496 11 2018-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bojtren
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9132841 ft
North Macedonia

Hi, does anyone know what causes "speed error" in flight log???
I have more and more "speed errors" in every next flight. P3p than goes to ATTI mode and reports Compass Error...
Thanks
2018-7-12
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

When you see this, just bring it back, restart everything and it should be ok.
2018-7-12
Use props
Bojtren
lvl.1
North Macedonia

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-7-12 13:04
When you see this, just bring it back, restart everything and it should be ok.

Are you kidding me?
this is from yesterday... http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/860R4Z9D3HUH3PT4OEHV/

2018-7-16
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
United States

That happens when the compass and gps are getting conflicting signals.  No, I am not kidding.
2018-7-16
Use props
Bojtren
lvl.1
North Macedonia

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-7-16 11:37
That happens when the compass and gps are getting conflicting signals.  No, I am not kidding.

I can not fly with such a problem, which I do not know when it will appear.
I often fly over people, around objects, or recording events ... for work ...I can not waste my time trying to fly a non-controlling aircraft, to have no safety, to land it and fly it again.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/860R4Z9D3HUH3PT4OEHV/

2018-7-16
Use props
w1r3d
lvl.1

Australia

sounds like you want a new drone to have total piece of mind knowing it will not have those errors
2018-7-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bojtren Posted at 2018-7-16 12:38
I can not fly with such a problem, which I do not know when it will appear.
I often fly over people, around objects, or recording events ... for work ...I can not waste my time trying to fly a non-controlling aircraft, to have no safety, to land it and fly it again.

Looking at your flight log, it appears you took off from the surface of a basketball court, or something similar. The errors you got during flight are normally caused by taking off from a surface that has steel or iron in it. Try flying from a grass surface.

2018-7-16
Use props
Bojtren
lvl.1
North Macedonia

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-16 15:42
Looking at your flight log, it appears you took off from the surface of a basketball court, or something similar. The errors you got during flight are normally caused by taking off from a surface that has steel or iron in it. Try flying from a grass surface.

This playground is аsphalt. No iron in it.
If there was iron, then before taking off, there would have been a problem with the compass rather than in flight.
And I fly here often and in the past 4 years there was no problem with the compass here.

I have a compass error and speed error on many different locations.

2018-7-19
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
United States

Try another area on grass, just to see if it still happens.
2018-7-19
Use props
djordan2
First Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft

Maybe you could try to re-calibrate the IMU and compass once again.
2018-7-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bojtren Posted at 2018-7-19 05:19
If there was iron, then before taking off, there would have been a problem with the compass rather than in flight.
And I fly here often and in the past 4 years there was no problem with the compass here.

Actually no. If you take off from an area that has steel or iron close by, the compass error does not show up until you are in the air.
'I have a compass error and speed error on many different locations.'

Then there is something wrong with the way you are launching the aircraft. Do you take off from the roof of the car, or start the aircraft up while inside the car before taking it out and putting it on the ground?

2018-7-19
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Bojtren Posted at 2018-7-19 05:19

You would be surprised what sort of "buried treasure" you will find in such locations, from scrap metal to underground pipes and power. A historic view on Google Earth shows the home point was at the edge of a plowed field and all sorts of tools and broken machinery could be discarded  there.
jul2015.png apr2012.png

It can seem fine while on the ground and have problems develop shortly after in flight.  If you are setting up for takeoff while sitting on a magnet or ferro-magnetic material,  the aircraft can "zero" out the magnetic readings, thinking this is the correct baseline readings.  As it flies away the true magnetic conditions cause confusion.  It is similar to the way you can reset a kitchen scale the weight to zero, despite there being weight on the platform.

This doesn't seem to be the explanation for this flight though, as it flew faultlessly for quite a while.  When the errors started to occur we see a bizarre flight track though.   Quite localized and almost as though you flew into a narrow corridor that upset the flight controls.

error.png
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules