controller with or without moniter
381 6 2018-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tbarton\
lvl.1

United States

About to purchase my third dji, have always used the iphone and liked the look of the fixed screen. Are any limitations to this screen as I plane to do mapping. Do the apps still download or do not need them.

2018-7-12
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's a good review of the + remote controller:

2018-7-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you intend to use the Phantom for mapping, stay away from the integrated monitor as it won't accept 3rd party mapping apps.
The brand new P4 pro V2 also has a temporary issue that's preventing it from using 3rd party apps but that's expected to be resolved soon. .
2018-7-12
Use props
tbarton\
lvl.1

United States

Thanks very helpful.
2018-7-12
Use props
tbarton\
lvl.1

United States

We lost a p3s in the bay due to electrical failure and a p3p which I liked alot to amature error. We have a mantice 400 that sits in a box not utilized. I would like to get another p3p, but are trying to upgrade. Thanks again.
2018-7-12
Use props
DennisM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387733 ft
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-7-12 17:23
Here's a good review of the + remote controller:

https://youtu.be/DsU2mhJUFco

I upgraded from the P4 to the latest P4 pro + and find the screen extremely bright and well worth the investment.  The video list other very positive reasons to have it.  I don't find the size of the screen to be a hindrance.
2018-7-12
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

I have a P4P with both controllers. I’ve used the standard controller 5 or 6 times in six months. The plus controller is just my favored controller in every case. You can purchase and download Litchi from Amazon onto the plus controller if that will satisfy your needs. But if you intend to map, you probably need a standard controller.

Jeff
2018-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules