Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin S Infinite mode
10767 9 2018-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MJM Pictures
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi
Please can you help? I've just received my Ronin S and I'm trying to create the shot from the promo video where the camera does a 360 degree spin on the roll axis. I've put the Ronin S into Flash light mode but can't get it to roll no matter what I do. Can anyone tell me how it's done?
Thanks
Mark

2018-7-13
Use props
curtismyhero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47667 ft
United States

Assuming you are talking about the 360 roll, here is a link that whelps break it down. https://camerajabber.com/how-to-set-up-the-dji-ronin-s-360-mode/
2018-7-13
Use props
BayouFeller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2533 ft
United States

In addition to the instructions in the link from curtismyhero, note also that you can get a good roll effect by pointing the camera straight up and using the pan control. I used a shot like that in a little film we did last week, pointing up into the trees and sun flare.
2018-7-13
Use props
curtismyhero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47667 ft
United States

BayouFeller Posted at 2018-7-13 09:35
In addition to the instructions in the link from curtismyhero, note also that you can get a good roll effect by pointing the camera straight up and using the pan control. I used a shot like that in a little film we did last week, pointing up into the trees and sun flare.

Oh this is awesome!  I didn't even think of this type of angle, but will definitely try something out this weekend!
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to read on your post, please make sure the gimbal has been balanced and setting are correct:
1. In the Ronin app, go to “Configuration”---”Control Settings”--- “Channels”, set CH3 to “Roll” and set the rest channels to N/A.
2. Use the Ronin-S with Flashlight mode.
3. Push the joystick left or right (which is the CH3) to enable the axis to make 360 turn.
2018-7-14
Use props
Moni Johnson
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was having the same issue until I realized the pan axis had not been properly balanced. See this video right around 2:00:

2018-9-18
Use props
ckproninS
United States

So I followed all the steps, I go into flashlight mode, push left or right and the gimbal goes crazy.
I tried it about 6 times now and same results every time, please help!!!
btw, im on the latest firmware.
2018-9-20
Use props
mikoshark 6
lvl.1

It's your balance I just got mine and it took me about 6 attempts.... post a video of your balance maybe it'll help provide advice
2018-10-2
Use props
EmadAlsh
lvl.1
Australia

I spend many hours with this the problem and now I finally I figured it out. First I just want to encourage this behavior to respond and help other people save them some time, as it is my first respond ever.

solution:
1-Make sure all the angles are balanced by using the test in the app
2- This is where It took time to figure it out, make sure the gimbal is in flashlight mode meaning it is " very straightforward " because if not then won't fully rotate to 360mode. Again, make sure the gimbal is very straightforward and the camera is recentered.

Like this, if it helped so other people can see it

Thank you " one love "
2018-10-3
Use props
EmadAlsh
lvl.1
Australia

I spend many hours with this problem and now I finally figured it out. First I just want to encourage this behavior to respond and help other people save  some time, as this is my first response ever.

solution:
1-Make sure all the angles are balanced by using the test in the app
2- This is where It took time to figure it out, make sure the gimbal is in flashlight mode meaning it is " very straightforward " because if not then won't fully rotate to 360mode. Again, make sure the gimbal is very straightforward not curvey and the camera is recentered.

Like this, if it helped so other people can see it

Thank you " one love "
2018-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules