Anyone get the Ronin-S working with Panasonic G85/G80?
8025 9 2018-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BooyaJoe!
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144715 ft
Russia

I know it's not on the camera compatibility list, but wondering if anyone has a G85 or G80 and if they've been able to get start/stop recording to work at least?

No idea when it will be supported.  I'd love to volunteer to beta test for them but I'm sure they've got their hands full with everyone else asking the same thing about their model camera.

David
2018-7-13
Use props
Mauro's Films
Captain
Flight distance : 2883140 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

https://forum.dji.com/thread-157390-1-1.html

Not working. Tested.. G85 and G7
2018-7-17
Use props
Tor&Therese
lvl.1
Australia

I can't even get the g80/85 to work on the DJI ronin S at all...
It wontbalance on the gimbal... to light!  
2018-10-22
Use props
deefig04
New
United States

how hard can it be for DJI to get the G85 to work with Ronin S. Im sure some of the components of the GH5 are similar to the G85.
2018-12-22
Use props
fansa605563a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11778 ft
United States

This should work with all Panasonic cameras. I'm using it with the GH5 until they come out with a new update to fix the issues with start/stop record button while using the included usb c cable

https://store.dji.com/product/ro ... cable-for-panasonic
2018-12-22
Use props
djiuser_GscUa3A3AVDi
New

Canada

I’m contemplating leaving Panasonic and never buying a dji ronin s.

I have a Panasonic Lumix G85 that I’ve grown to learn and love. I learned all of it’s pros & cons and now that I’m ready to evolve as a hybrid shooter I see the trickery from both Panasonic & DJI.

Panasonic no longer cares about G85 users. We are old news and they already have our money. They will be phasing us out as they focus on their full frame cameras and whatever else they create after the GH5 & GH5S.

DJI (I’ve watched VERY CLOSELY) has done nothing to add functionality for G85 users.

So...they (Panasonic & DJI) expect users to purchase the GH models if they want the full functionality. So check out the math....they expect customers to pay for a newer GH model to get the full functionality of a $700 gimbal.

If I don’t then I’ve paid $700 for basic gimbal features that I can get on pretty much any gimbal out there from EVO to Zhiyun and others.

May as well get a Sony. Zhiyun & others respect Sony users.
2018-12-22
Use props
newbiepanny
New

Canada

Aye! I have a solution! The MOZA AIR 2!!! Still no support for Panasonic G85 nevertheless...they've allowed for the follow focus wheel to be programmed for other usage! I can settle for that as then I am getting the full use of the gimbal commensurate with the price I paid and when I'm capable to upgrade to a bigger camera and lens options the transition will be fine, no need to get another gimbal!!

This is 2018....2019 in a few days...when manufacturers don't listen to us consumers simply take our money elsewhere. I'm probably gonna leave Panasonic as I've learned about the Sony a7iii! I was sold on getting the GH5 in the future...but not the way Panasonic leaves us G85 users in the dust. They might do the same to the GH5 users in due time. I don't have the money for my purchases to be considered less than others by the manufacturer themselves.

Moza Air 2 with my Panasonic G85. Unless I see Panasonic show an effort in allowing for compatibility for G85 users I'm off that ship. I just want to be able to create great content...I don't have time for these petty lack of foresight issues.
2018-12-25
Use props
studio-prestige
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1350003 ft
Ukraine

Hello. Is it supposed to support the Lumix G80 / 85 along with ronin s. Thanks for the answer.
2019-1-1
Use props
Clubberlang
lvl.1
Canada

I have a g85 and the external battery grip.. and a cage. Do you figure the extra weight will allow the g85 to at least be balanced?
2019-3-4
Use props
Clubberlang
lvl.1
Canada

newbiepanny Posted at 2018-12-25 11:18
Aye! I have a solution! The MOZA AIR 2!!! Still no support for Panasonic G85 nevertheless...they've allowed for the follow focus wheel to be programmed for other usage! I can settle for that as then I am getting the full use of the gimbal commensurate with the price I paid and when I'm capable to upgrade to a bigger camera and lens options the transition will be fine, no need to get another gimbal!!

This is 2018....2019 in a few days...when manufacturers don't listen to us consumers simply take our money elsewhere. I'm probably gonna leave Panasonic as I've learned about the Sony a7iii! I was sold on getting the GH5 in the future...but not the way Panasonic leaves us G85 users in the dust. They might do the same to the GH5 users in due time. I don't have the money for my purchases to be considered less than others by the manufacturer themselves.

Can you clarify? What specific things can you program with the follow focus wheel when using the G85?
2019-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules