Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Switching from MOV to MP4
27381 20 2015-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
venturedrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326693 ft
United States

How do I switch my P3P to record in MP4 (not MOV)? I searched all over the app last night and couldn't find the option.

2015-5-20
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

Click on camera settings  (small icon of camera with a gear in it) above the shutter button.

At the bottom of that menu there is a 'more' button. click that

You will see a square icon with MOV in it. Click that

Switch to MP4.

( P.S. I noticed I can't switch it when not connected to the craft. )

Hope that helps...
2015-5-20
Use props
lebed73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2922999 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

and you need to download Pilot app from DHJ website, not from app store or Google market.
in app store and Google market app designed for Inspire 1.
faced same trouble when installed from store, after reinstallation from website - no problem.
2015-5-20
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326693 ft
United States

lebed73@mail.ru Posted at 2015-5-21 14:15
and you need to download Pilot app from DHJ website, not from app store or Google market.
in app sto ...

Is that why all the tutorial in the app are for the inspire?
2015-5-21
Use props
phresh_5
lvl.3

Canada

The IOS app is much better than the Android one. I have both and it's much easier to find stuff and generally change various settings and I don't even have my phantom yet.
2015-5-21
Use props
FantomDK
Second Officer

Denmark

What device are you using to run the Pilot app?

The Phantom 3 has to be turned on and connected to the remote - and the remote to your device (iPad etc.).
Switch to video (little switch above the red shutter button). > Click Camera Settings icon just above that, a menu should open where you can click "More" and there you can pick "Video Format".

Good luck! The Pilot App is a bit confusing. But take your time with it and it becomes second nature

-

Buy your DJI Phantom 3, DJI-gear, intelligent DJI Batteries, DJI Hardshell Backpacks from the DJI Store by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-22
Use props
lebed73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2922999 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Gents, Pilot app at Google Market has about 43 Mb.
at their website is around 120Mb.
even when you scam QR code at their site it open link not to App store or Google Marker, it forwarding directly to their site for downloading.
2015-5-26
Use props
workbetterv
New

United States

I just find a simple guide to convert MOV to MP4 format or convert MP4 to MOV at http://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/mov-to-mp4.html

After have a try, I find it works like a charm.

Here I share it with you and hope it can help you more or less. In addition, it also can convert MOV to AVI, WMV, MPG, MKV, FLV, ASF, etc.
2015-12-9
Use props
edwards142paul
New

India

If you ask me to suggest best tool for it then I with complete assurance I suggest you to use MP4 to MOV converter is the professional converter that helps you to convert MP4 files to MOV or any other file format. With the help of this tool you can convert your camcorder recorded MP4 video file to MOV, This converter easily convert MOV to MP4 video file, MOV to MPEG-4/H.264, QT to MP4 and QT etc It let you convert the video file and even provides some amazing video editing functions such as cropping, rotating, merging, trimming, adding effect.
2016-7-27
Use props
Lily123
lvl.1

United States

Sorry, I have never heard "P3P", but I know some ways to convert MOV to MP4, no matter convert MOV to MP4 on Windows, on Mac or online.  For me, I would like install a video converter program on my computer to easily convert video from one format to another.
2017-1-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

P3P = Phantom 3 Professional. Just a common abbreviation here. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-23
Use props
fans28c33bf1
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-5-21
Use props
Foxtrod89
New
Flight distance : 67513 ft
United States

Ok if someone just wanna switch from mov to mp4  you have to activate video capture mode by pressing button with red dot then just click on settings  and good to go. According to someone who wants convert mov to mp4 , you shouldn't use any converters because there is some smart way how to mux/demux audio and video streams without any loss of pic quality and time consuming. Just google for FFMpeg and paste this(ffmpeg -i movie.mov -vcodec copy -acodec copy out.mp4) thread into batch file. That FFMpeg just change output format(demuxing) from mov to mp4 without touching any existing streams. Thx!
2017-6-29
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Captain
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

All these replies referring to conversion software, except the OP (a long time ago) was asking how to change it in the Pilot (GO) app.  
He probably has it figured out now.
2017-6-29
Use props
Detective
lvl.1

Russia

yes, many people are not familiar with OP, but it is fact that more and more people would like converter app including me.
2017-11-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Detective Posted at 2017-11-8 23:48
yes, many people are not familiar with OP, but it is fact that more and more people would like converter app including me.

It is really not an issue, the MOV or MP4 file extensions mean the files are with a 'container', but are actually encoded to the H264 standard. The MOV container is simply an Apple thing, but inside it, the file streams are exactly the same as MP4. In fact, in some case you can simply change the file extension and the application will figure it out anyway.
2017-11-9
Use props
Detective
lvl.1

Singapore

try  video converter like wonderfox, wondershare
2018-1-4
Use props
brianjordanhapp
New

Australia

iDealshare VideoGo also works great in batch converting MP4 to MOV or convert MOV to MP4. It also helps to convert dav, flv, mkv, vob, mpg, avchd, mts, avi, wmv, rmvb, wtv, tivo etc.
2018-7-25
Use props
ambercliman
lvl.1

Hong Kong

If you want to quickly convert mov to mp4, wondershare video converter ultimate is a great option, it is a fantastic great tool to solve your problem in just few seconds.
add mov file to software.
choose output format to mp4,
clikc convert,
done!!!
2019-1-11
Use props
djiuser_ueAL9V7KA7Jv
lvl.1

I use iDealshare VideoGo to convert between MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, MPG, DV, FLV, MKV, ProRes, VOB etc
2019-10-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain

djiuser_ueAL9V7KA7Jv Posted at 10-8 17:00
I use iDealshare VideoGo to convert between MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, MPG, DV, FLV, MKV, ProRes, VOB etc

Shut up, he does not need to convert anything, and in any case, he was asking 4 years ago!!
2019-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules