991 5 2015-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jedthone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612927 ft
United States

Hello.

This is not the first video I have put on youtube it it is the first video I have posted onto the forum.

[media=x,970,580] [/media]

Its a video I took of the ruins of a school that burned back in January. I was actualy there as a fireman, not much we could do to save it.

2015-5-20
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

It's scary how quickly fire can spread and completely engulf a building.  You mentioned people were in the building when it started, glad to hear no one was hurt.  Did they ever figure out how it started?
2015-5-20
Use props
jedthone
lvl.2
United States

No, an undiscovered gas leak is suspected. In addition to the scout master and a couple of volunteers who were there after a scout meeting there was also a team investigating the reports of a strange smell. So we think there was a fault in the furnace that triggered it since the old one had just been replaced and there was some trouble routing the fuel line for the new one.

Or so I am told.

The old one being replaced is a story in itself. The temp systems on that one failed (it was over 75 years old by then) and the old heating boiler got so hot that it triggered the fire alarms. When we got there the boiler was glowing a deep red from the heat.
2015-5-21
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Nice video...well, the subject is kind of sad, but the video is well done.
2015-5-21
Use props
jedthone
lvl.2
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-5-21 22:37
Nice video...well, the subject is kind of sad, but the video is well done.

It was a fun video to record. I was able to fly into what would have been the 2nd floor classrooms and the main office. I would have gone further in if it were not for the fact I only got one Phantom 2 + and I am not willing to lose it.

If I had a spare and some extra money I would have taken the risk and flown in further.

I will be taking video of the yearly St Mary's bazaar this weekend. That will be a happier video.
2015-5-21
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

this is what drones do well.
2015-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now