Quick shot dronie crash
1179 8 2018-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mlamb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140190 ft

Well, it happened to me today.  Did a dronie out to 70m while watching it and it cleared the treetops just fine. I let it fly back on its own, and it flew lower than the path out, and hit the top of the tree.  When flying back on auto it did detect the tree and tried to brake automatically, but it was too late.
Perfect record up till this point. If you do a dronie, just because it made it out okay doesn't mean it will make it back.  Didn't take the exact same path back.
2018-7-13
Use props
dronto
lvl.4

Sorry to hear this and thanks for your kind sharing. Hope your drone is alright
2018-7-13
Use props
mlamb
lvl.3
United States

It hit the tree about 40 ft up, and because it was a thick evergreen type tree, it tumbled down and came to a rest suspended about 8 ft off of the ground.  I was able to reach up and pull the branch down and get it.  A chunk was taken out of one of the props, but otherwise alright aside from some green stains on the body.  And for anyone blaming this on the new firmware, sorry, I have not updated yet.
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro. Since the Drone crashed before. The best thing you need to do for your DJI Mavic Pro is to send it in for repair and further assessment. To check the extent of the damage. I will post the online repair request link ( www.dji.com/support ) for you to create a ticket for your Drone.
2018-7-14
Use props
mlamb
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-14 08:52
Hi. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro. Since the Drone crashed before. The best thing you need to do for your DJI Mavic Pro is to send it in for repair and further assessment. To check the extent of the damage. I will post the online repair request link ( www.dji.com/support ) for you to create a ticket for your Drone.

After replacing the cracked prop, it seems to be flying fine so far.  Send me a replacement first, then I will send my drone in.
2018-7-15
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

mlamb Posted at 2018-7-15 06:57
After replacing the cracked prop, it seems to be flying fine so far.  Send me a replacement first, then I will send my drone in.

ya good luck with that. I would keep that one too. I had one crash and fixed it myself and it was still under warranty. Didn't want to take a chance of getting a headache replacement lol
2018-7-15
Use props
djiuser_yyHzvdh3oHk9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132789 ft
Italy

hi everybody, i just get my mavic 2 zoom and i try di use the quick shot elix (!) it start to fly away since crash in a building. I had a good faith at the sensor, now my drone lost one arm and a front sensor.
I did bought the dji care refresh just the day before. Any one knows if they are going to replace my drone with a new one or they will repair. And is it my foult to trust to the sensor or is a dji reposability and the warranty will cover all.
2018-12-17
Use props
djiuser_Q227Y8kTLge3
New

United Kingdom

I'm having issues with these automatic shots. I always was led to believe they continue recording on the way back down but they don't on mine. I also can't manually hit record until the craft is back 'home'. Is this normal?
2019-2-12
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Glad you got your Bird back
2019-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules