P3P Arrived
1550 18 2015-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P4TRI0T
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53645 ft
United States

Received my P3 today, all seems to be OK.  I tried to update the firmware but it seems it was installed prior to shipment.  I looked in DJI app and it indicates 1.1.1 for app and 1.1.8 for firmware.  I am unable to fly today as its raining pretty good.  I did turn everything on and navigate through the DJI app.  
2015-5-20
Use props
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

Just got an email saying my P3P has shipped! Finally!
2015-5-20
Use props
PublicRealtor
lvl.2

United States

Good luck and go slow. I had the same issue, the firewarm was updated in construction. This is good, it means the 2nd group of production may have addressed some of the little glitches folks were discussing.
2015-5-20
Use props
kkieffer
lvl.1

United States

When did you order and from whom?  I ordered Advanced model with extra battery from Dronesetc on May 6 and keep getting told that they expect more some time soon.  I wonder if I should have ordered directly from DJI?
2015-5-20
Use props
earldgrayjr
lvl.1
United States

kkieffer Posted at 2015-5-21 05:01
When did you order and from whom?  I ordered Advanced model with extra battery from Dronesetc on May ...

I ordered P3 W/extra battery direct on may 7th, and was just told (May 15th) that it may be "10 days to 2 weeks or more"
2015-5-20
Use props
kkieffer
lvl.1

United States

that is helpful information. I had considered ordering directly since I keep getting delayed and can't get a straight answer from Dronesetc and since the DJI website currently states that orders will be shipped (on both Professional and Advanced versions) within 5-7 working days.  But it appears that this may not be accurate either.
2015-5-20
Use props
P4TRI0T
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53645 ft
United States

When did you order and from whom?  I ordered Advanced model with extra battery from Dronesetc on May ...

I ordered mine from DJI on May 3rd.
2015-5-20
Use props
greggsmith21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5677631 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have one order directly with DJI as of 5/15/15 and just got word the other day that they hope to ship out Wed 5/27.

Here's their reply:
Storeagent02 (DJI)
May 19, 18:56

Dear Gregg,
Thank you for contacting DJI online store.
It is estimated that your order will be shipped by the end of next week.  If everything goes well, it will be shipped on Wednesday.
2015-5-20
Use props
Fingerlaker
lvl.1

United States

"soon" wouldn't be good enough for me.
It doesn't take much of a search to find P3 in stock at some dealers. From what I get out of this forum, there doesn't seem to be much advantage ordering direct from DJI.
2015-5-20
Use props
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

I originally ordered from them direct and then cancelled because it was taking too long and someone post that Expert Drones had them in stock and a $50 off discount code. I got the $50 off but they didn't have them in stock and expected more the next week (which is this week) and I just got the email saying it shipped and the extra battery would ship later in May. I'm assuming I got the 2nd wave of shipments and so I would expect them to ship it out within a day or 2.
2015-5-20
Use props
kkieffer
lvl.1

United States

thanks again for the useful information.  I may need to cancel (processed my payment over two weeks ago) and order from another dealer.  It appears that the Professional version may be more available - any truth to the speculation that DJI is giving it production priority? I don't really need the 4k, but really don't want to wait another few weeks for my P3.
2015-5-21
Use props
jefftv
lvl.2
New Zealand

got mine yesterday but won't activate...buggar
2015-5-21
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

Fingerlaker Posted at 2015-5-21 07:37
"soon" wouldn't be good enough for me.
It doesn't take much of a search to find P3 in stock at s ...

You mentioned that there doesn't seem much of an advantage to order direct from DJI.  I don't know how taxes work where you live, but I saved over $300 by ordering direct.  Had I ordered from a Canadian dealer, I would have paid the higher MSRP plus 12% tax.  By ordering from DJI, I got the cheaper USD rate with all taxes and duties included.  Obviously, the tax impact will vary depending on where you live.  But for me, ordering direct from DJI saved me enough to pay for two extra batteries.  For me, that's worth the wait to see if they ever arrive    Just kidding . . . obviously the demand is great, but I'm sure they are doing their best to keep up.
2015-5-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

So you didn't have to pay GST? That's very decent. That 5% can add up quick...
I was told that my Phantom 3 Pro is already in customs at Toronto, and should be trucking its way to Alberta in around a week, give or take a day or two.
This might be the longest week of my life... Give or take a few... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-5-29
Use props
MaxJibber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 269396 ft
Canada

I kinda noticed the same lack of taxes when I ordered straight from DJI.....although this weak Canadian dollar is killing me.  About how long after you placed your order did it ship? I ordered the P3P yesterday morning.
2015-5-30
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

MaxJibber Posted at 2015-5-31 03:16
I kinda noticed the same lack of taxes when I ordered straight from DJI.....although this weak Canad ...

Mine was shipped the second business day. If your order is processed as quickly as mine was, you should be flying by next Friday or the following Monday.
2015-5-30
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-5-30 08:38
So you didn't have to pay GST? That's very decent. That 5% can add up quick...
I was told that my Ph ...

No GST, PST, customs duty or brokerage fees.  The invoice said "pre-paid by shipper".
2015-5-30
Use props
MaxJibber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 269396 ft
Canada

Rob88 Posted at 2015-5-31 07:05
Mine was shipped the second business day. If your order is processed as quickly as mine was, you s ...

That's great!!! Thank you.
2015-5-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I need to rethink my point of purchases, very carefully  in the future. The thing is, Great Hobbies gave me a $50 gift certificate towards a Phantom 3 and also offered us the batteries at half price, if we purchased our Phantom 3 through them. So even though the long wait has been a bit of a hassle, the benefits of waiting outway the alternatives.
If my Phantom 3 shows up this or next week, I will still be very happy and may have already memorized the helpful guides and manuals.
Gosh, I wonder if they at DJI, will consider the release of an upgraded and correctly printed group of manuals? ;-)  that would be helpful as well.

Edit: Ah, yes a newer manual was just released and another app update as well... Thanks for keeping on top of things, for us.

Have a great day.. Go flying.. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2015-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules