Maximum Flight Distance Limitation
7020 12 2018-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DefinitelyNotLeo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 319009 ft
United States

My Mavic Air operates normally in the United States. When I started a flight in China, my flight distance is limited to 50 meters and the height is limited to 30 meters. I have tried to fly many times in different locations and the problem persists. Beginner mode is disabled, and I am not flying in a NFZ. Max flight altitude is set to 120 meters, and I did not set a maximum flight distance. Softwares and NFZ database are up to date. Are there any solutions that I can try?
2018-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

To overcome this limitation (which applies in all countries) then you need to make sure that you have 'logged in' to your DJI account through DJI Go 4 that is running on your display device.

With latest version of DJI Go 4 you sign in when you first run the App' (make sure display device has a good wifi/internet connection), and provided you do not sign out again (or change versions) the that's it, no wifi or cell connection is needed to fly. In fact working with display switched to 'Airplane' mode is often good working practice.

With older version of DJI Go 4 you have the option to sign out or sign in as follows:-

So with a good wifi connection to your display device, run DJI Go 4 App'. Tap on the 'Me' icon at bottom of front page, then tap on the 'cog wheel' icon at the very top right of page. That should take you to 'Settings' page' and from there you can sign out, or into your account.
2018-7-14
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Flying in China need registration. It's possible DJI Go locked to beginner's mode in China. Try to contact DJI support to help.
2018-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

GDL Posted at 2018-7-14 02:52
Flying in China need registration. It's possible DJI Go locked to beginner's mode in China. Try to contact DJI support to help.

"Flying in China need registration. It's possible DJI Go locked"

Good point, might well be affected by the aircrafts location in China if not registered.
2018-7-14
Use props
fans03e09e1a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1450984 ft
China

I have the same problem. I tried multiple times and I can only reach a maximum altitude of 120m even i set the limit to 500m.
2018-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

fans03e09e1a Posted at 2018-7-14 08:05
I have the same problem. I tried multiple times and I can only reach a maximum altitude of 120m even i set the limit to 500m.

Looks like the flysafe data files that we see getting updated might have some bearing on this. I'm sure I've seen popups regarding regional regulations being updated or applied.
2018-7-14
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Hong Kong

DJI should confirm the flight limitations in China and how to unlock it.
2018-7-14
Use props
Jotne
lvl.3
Norway

Could you try to use FCC mode?

It may then think it is in an other location and you could bypass the limitation.
2018-7-14
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Hong Kong

See the same issue below. You need to enter your China phone number in your DJI Go account to unlock the limit in China.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-156594-1-1.html

You also need to register your drone in China to fly it legally.
2018-7-15
Use props
stormense8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40030 ft
Sweden

Jotne Posted at 2018-7-14 22:41
Could you try to use FCC mode?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gySNYwWhtc
It may then think it is in an other location and you could bypass the limitation.

Tanks! This trick fix my issue with my Samsung tab 2 (8 inch) screen flicker after 200 meters. Strange but true.
2018-7-15
Use props
马龙-Marlon
lvl.2
China

Buddy, i got mine solved I think.... The way I did it was ofcourse to see my location. Red was the NFZ where whatever I do I cant fly my mavic air. The Grey is the limited zones where it was set to 120m max by default and seems I wasn't able to modify it. Lastly the white part seems set to be 120m as well. Yet if you register your drone here in China that goes unlocked to 500m or maybe beyond which I haven't tried yet. To register surely needs China mobile number. Hope this information helps. I'm new here. Cheers!
2018-7-18
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

Something does not match the '' fake GPS ''. Scenario: I'm in the location in Israel .. Haifa as an example. Starting the Fake GPS application, I think it is actually in USA-Huston. OK. I start the drone that went into FCC mode! Is Home Point registered in Huston? In Haifa / Israel? When stopping the Fake GPS he will return to the CE mode automatically! So, before the take-off, Home Point is in the US and I am suddenly 10000 km away from Home Point?!?!?
2018-7-18
Use props
马龙-Marlon
lvl.2
China

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-14 08:25
Looks like the flysafe data files that we see getting updated might have some bearing on this. I'm sure I've seen popups regarding regional regulations being updated or applied.

I got this figured out. Mostly due to my ignorance I would say. chuckle chuckle...
I registered my drone in china (free and fast just you need your china mobile number), update the fly safe data, and stay away from the "grey" area that limits the flight height to 120m. "red" no questions about it as the unit just won't take-off.  So move towards a clear sky, and clear map restrictions area and it's good to go. I tried flying starting at 2000m ASL +  500m of the aircraft and at that altitude, the noise is different, it does takes more power/battery during flight but the view was outstanding! Cheers buddies!
2018-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules