Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark connection issue with RC
2050 6 2018-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_sotyzjTJT8zN
New
Flight distance : 18638 ft
Austria

Hello First I want to apologize for my bad English!

Yesterday I got my Spark (Fly more Combo). It's my first drone from DJI and I think the Spark is really good. My only probleme is the flight range with the remote controller because after the Spark is in a distance of 50m (I think 164ft) away I get connection issues. I thought in Europe (I live in Austria) I could go with the RC max. 500m.
I already tried to switch from 5,8ghz to 2,4ghz, but when I do this my phone can't connect with the RC anymore. After that I must Reset my Spark and RC so that I could connect my phone with the RC again. I really need help!
My Setup:
Drone: Spark fly more combo
Phone: Oneplus 3T (Android)

Thanks in advance

2018-7-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for all the trouble. Do you have an error message on the APP? Are you flying the drone near in military base or airport? Any other interference signals there? How did you align the antennas of the remote controller?

2018-7-14
Use props
djiuser_sotyzjTJT8zN
New
Austria

Thanks for the quick reply!

No, I don't have any error message. At a distance of 30m it only sasy that the image transfer is very weak.
I fly my drone on a far field with nothing there but grass and there are no military bases or airports near there.
I align the antennas directly on my spark.

2018-7-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Try an OTG adapter, from the RC to the Spark
That will get you around the problem with the 5.8 GHz android thing!

The Oneplus 3T should work with OTG, at least on 4.1.15 or 4.2.12!

If you have a normal OTG adapter, use that with your charger cable for a test.
Just: The micro USB from the adapter NEED to be plugged into the RC, NOT into the phone
And it is the last plug to connect, after the RC is solid fired up (LED stabil, not blinking!)
The RC is the host, here.  Phone should tell "get charged slowly"
As soon the RC starts charging, it is for sure the wrong direction of the OTG adapter/cable
2018-7-14
Use props
djiuser_sotyzjTJT8zN
New
Austria

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-14 06:49
Try an OTG adapter, from the RC to the Spark
That will get you around the problem with the 5.8 GHz android thing!

Thanks I will try this with an OTG adapter but what do you mean with 4.1.15 or 4.2.12? The Firmware Version from the RC , Spark or do you mean the dji app?
2018-7-14
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

djiuser_sotyzjTJT8zN Posted at 2018-7-14 07:02
Thanks I will try this with an OTG adapter but what do you mean with 4.1.15 or 4.2.12? The Firmware Version from the RC , Spark or do you mean the dji app?

If you are Installing a New Spark try the DJI GO4 App v4.1.15.

The Version 4.2.12 had a Bug which give you the Error - 'Cannot Take Off', I made a Post on this and was solved by rolling back to v 4.1.15.

Then Upgrade at a later stage if you want, but fly it for 3 days or more, to avoid that 'Cannot Take Off' Problem.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/

2018-7-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

djiuser_sotyzjTJT8zN Posted at 2018-7-14 07:02

The app I mean
2018-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules