1219 2 2018-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Proteus88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105026 ft
Peru

Hi,

Currently in Peru and just wanted to post experience for those wondering about travelling to Mexico and Peru with a drone.

I flew from Canada to Mexico City via AirMexico and then a day later Mexico City to Lima via Avianca Airlines.

Had absolutely ZERO problems travelling with Mavic Air in my carry on luggage. Also carried 4 batteries + multiple power packs which I kept in my carry on as well inside of “Lipo bags”.

Carry on luggage was scanned, asked to take batteries out but no permits, no documentation needed, no questions about the drone at all.

Hope it helps travellers like me who were looking up information and a bit worried to travel with drone for the first time.

Cheers
2018-7-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for sharing this experienced. I would recommend you check the local regulation and No Fly Zone of these places and choose the best place to fly. Please cache the map before you fly your drone. Here is the link for your reference: (https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=footer). It is also advisable to contact the airline and the airport staff for the baggage policy to make sure there will be no issues at the airport.
2018-7-14
Use props
Proteus88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105026 ft
Peru

Just an Update for future flyers I. Cuzco. I asked the “Tourism Police” (a real thing here) and they said it was definitely okay to fly my drone over the city. Got some great shots and waking up early tomorrow to get some more.
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules