Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro New Battery - Only LED #1 Flashing
7030 3 2018-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nancy SEO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

Well, this is curious...   

I purchased a new DJI Mavic Pro battery earlier today from an authorized DJI retailer. When I opened the box and attached the battery to the DJI Mavic Pro battery charger, it did something weird I've never seen with any battery - LED 1 flashed several times, then did nothing.

I shot this video of the entire sequence, which is 1 minute:

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... rWzxUo_boBy0ZxmZeQU

Next, I attached the charging cable directly to the new battery (removed the charging cable from the 4-station battery charger) and now what the battery does is this:

• LED 1 flashes rapidly 16 times
  • Battery does nothing for 12 - 13 seconds
  • LED 1 flashes rapidly 16 times

So, it does that sequence now.

For grins and giggles, I attached to the drone, and tried the short press/long press. The battery is completely discharged. I plugged the battery back into the DJI charger, same sequence as above in the bullet points.

The battery and charger are cool to the touch, so I guess nothing's happening.

Thoughts? Bad battery out of the box? It's easy enough to return, but if there's something I can do, that would be great.

2018-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I'm sorry for the inconvenienced that this caused you. I highly recommend you to return the battery directly to the store where you purchased the drone so they can replace it. If you have any other concern, please let us know so we can help you further. Thank you.
2018-7-14
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-14 09:49
Hi, I'm sorry for the inconvenienced that this caused you. I highly recommend you to return the battery directly to the store where you purchased the drone so they can replace it. If you have any other concern, please let us know so we can help you further. Thank you.

Thanks, I will do that as the easiest thing to do. I already have 3 MP batteries, and was just adding a 4th. I'll see if this location has another one I can try.

Appreciate the speedy response,
2018-7-14
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.4
United States

Success - I took the defective one back, got another, and now it's happily charging!
2018-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules