SD CARD problem or software problem?
1259 10 2018-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Вася Тёркин
lvl.1

United States

Hi all! Got myself certified refurbished Phantom 3 4k. Initial setup went without a hitch. Firmware upgrade, compass calibration - all done. Ready to fly.
First flight - 3 minutes full of excitement. Drone landed. I press Stop recording on a tablet screen. Replay video. Big smile.
Proceed to fly some more and notice that video is not recording anymore and there is this on a screen. Memory card image with yellow alert triangle and Wright Protected.

I was unable to format neither stock card or any of my own high end so cards in Phantom. Every card shows same message. Meanwhile they all working and recording fine in dash cameras or while inverted into PC.

I am now returning this to seller for a refund. But as I reading about DJI and it’s customer support I get a very grim picture and not sure if I should get another phantom or look elsewhere.
Feels very bad after 3 minutes of fun to spend next day searching for solution and read all the negative stories of long repairs and many bugs.
2018-7-14
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

What kinds of cards were you trying?
2018-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. I am very sorry for the inconvenienced that this caused you. If you still having the same issue, I highly recommend you to contact our support team using this link: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav) for further assistant. If you have any other concern, please don't hesitate to post. Thanks.
2018-7-14
Use props
Вася Тёркин
lvl.1

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-7-14 10:19
What kinds of cards were you trying?

Sundisk ultra.
2018-7-14
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The extreme is best , but ultra should be working fine.
2018-7-14
Use props
Вася Тёркин
lvl.1

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-7-14 10:35
The extreme is best , but ultra should be working fine.

I strongly believe it’s not card. After all it is still working fine inside my car dash camera
https://forum.dji.com/thread-47546-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-46824-1-1.html

I found few same issues by googling but there were no solution or end story.
2018-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the information. Just for reference, I will be posting the recommended SD cards for the DJI Phantom 3 4k.

2018-7-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Is it a Sundisk or a Sandisk? The safest one is the Sandisk Extreme Pro. You can't tell by placing the card in another camera as the camera may not place quite the same demands on the card as the Phantom camera. If the supplied card will not format in the aircraft, then return the aircraft and ask to swap it for another.
2018-7-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sun disk? Interesting.

Aten (also Aton, Egyptian jtn) is the disk of the sun in ancient Egyptian mythology, and originally an aspect of the god Ra.
A70C87F1-5462-47F4-A860-4A2AE50E38AA.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2018-7-16
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Trouble is with various electronics - chinese copies will pass of with similar names :

NOKI
NOKA
NOKAI

for NOKIA copies of course

SUNDISK (if that's truly the name on card) I would suggest is a knock-off of SANDISK ?

Then if that's so - the speed rating or compatibility may be non-existent. But I tried the other day after reading this - formatting a low speed, cheap no-name SD card and it formatted fine. BUT gave warning that it was not suitable for HD recording in the P3P ... I had to reduce back to 720 Low res and then warnings stopped.
That indicates to me that the P3 camera setup itself is possibly at fault - not the card.

Nigel
2018-7-17
Use props
Вася Тёркин
lvl.1

United States

Obviously it was a typo))))
Yeah all of the cards were showing same message about being write protected and gimbal was flashing red which is card error indication.
Returned it for refund. Just got phantom 3 standard and same card works just fine. So I’m pretty much sure it was a software failure.
I did not upgrade new drone to a latest firmware yet - will remove sd card before upgrading
2018-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules