android tablet charges rather than connects
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Larry L.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9954 ft
United States

Hi,
I tried to search for a solution but failed so here's a request for some help.
I just got my new Phantom 4 Pro V2 and am setting  it up to do some mapping next week. I did a quick and successful flight using my Huawei phone although I did experience a lot of lag. Funny because it flies well with my Mavic Pro.
The problem I am having is connecting to the Phantom with my Samsung S2 tablet, version 7 Android. When I connect it the tablet wants to charge and will not settle down and let me connect to the controller/Phantom. Is there any way I can turn that off? I know when connecting Android to Windows there is an option but I am not seeing anything like that with this connection.
Any help will be greatly appreciated - next week is my first semi-commercial flight.

2018-7-14
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

You can't turn off charging but the charging is not the reason why it wouldn't connect.
Have you tried different cables?
2018-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there.  I do apologize for the inconvenienced. The Samsung S2 tablet is not fully compatible to the drone. I highly recommend using the recommended mobile device for your DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 for compatibility and reliability purposes. Please check the attached image below for listed devices. If you have other concern, please let us know. Thank you.

2018-7-14
Use props
Air/America
Second Officer

United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=153140
2018-7-14
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>

Under settings And then applications you need to clear the auto connection feature for all apps. Basically you device thinks it’s supposed to charge when something is plugged in. When you clear those settings then plug in the RC you should be prompted with what app do you want to open. Select the DJI app and you’ll be in business
2018-7-14
Use props
Larry L.
lvl.2
United States

No matter what I did I could not get it to connect correctly so I picked up a Galaxy Tab A which connected and ran the DJI app but with so much lag time that I am going to return it to Best Buy which I can do for the next 14 days as per store policy and pick up an Apple I pad mini, probably 3rd generation. I am not an apple fan but am sick of messing around. I am open to any suggestions between now and tomorrow's bargin hunting.
Thanks for all the help on this - forums really help those of us who are just getting started.
2018-7-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With the S2, you NEED the popup to show each time you turn connect the cable to the  already turned on RC, like Hurley was saying, go in to apps, find the setting to always ask if to make default, turn that OFF, then under default apps, find DJI open it and clear defaults, now it should always ask,  now, unplug the cable, turn on the rc, then plug in the cable, if it didnt show the popup, just unplug and plug back in, it will dhow then, never set DJI  as default on the S2........ i have 2 S2's  albeit both on Android six (i rooted mine and put on 6)
2018-7-15
Use props
Larry L.
lvl.2
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-15 20:51
With the S2, you NEED the popup to show each time you turn connect the cable to the  already turned on RC, like Hurley was saying, go in to apps, find the setting to always ask if to make default, turn that OFF, then under default apps, find DJI open it and clear defaults, now it should always ask,  now, unplug the cable, turn on the rc, then plug in the cable, if it didnt show the popup, just unplug and plug back in, it will dhow then, never set DJI  as default on the S2........ i have 2 S2's  albeit both on Android six (i rooted mine and put on 6)

Thanks, I will try that but I think the problem is with the Android version and I have that tablet loaded with apps that I use for other stuff (all turned off when I tried to connect) that I use for work so I do not want to root it. I will try again today with the auto connect disabled but I think that I did that before.
2018-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

oki, good luck...
2018-7-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

Larry L. Posted at 2018-7-16 05:29
Thanks, I will try that but I think the problem is with the Android version and I have that tablet loaded with apps that I use for other stuff (all turned off when I tried to connect) that I use for work so I do not want to root it. I will try again today with the auto connect disabled but I think that I did that before.

If you still have the S2, the workaround for this problem is to run the tablet in developer mode, and set the USB protocol to RNDIS rather than MTP.
A great explanation and HowTo can be found here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1245256
2018-8-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Larry L. Posted at 2018-7-16 05:29

If you still have the S2, the workaround for this problem is to run the tablet in developer mode, and set the USB protocol to RNDIS rather than MTP.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1245256
2018-8-21
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-8-21 00:14
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=139562&page=1&extra=#pid1245256

I'm not sure if this will help, but your problem may be similar. I have been using my P4P v2 and mini  4 with this method and it has run without a hitch ever since.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-126700-1-1.html

Final Product:

20180824_0725022.jpg
20180824_0725133.jpg
2018-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules