Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
mavic air processor overheating
4257 10 2018-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dior artun
lvl.1

Turkey

Hello to everyone ,Yesterday the mavic air gave a "no signal" error after a while. I immediately do "return  home".

When I tried it again, it gave the same error. the control says "no signal" even though it is on the phone and there is no image on the phone.

when I land it , on the phone written  "processor will be close after 30 seconds" and   shut it off.
It's overheated.

In a few posts I found some offer.... like "  keep it closed for 1 day, then try it again  "

I tried, but it is not working.

I can not hear the voice of fan....

can you help me please .

thank you

2018-7-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you so much for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with your device. May we ask for the brand or make of the mobile device you are using? When was the last time you calibrated your IMU and compass? Also kindly please provide the current firmware of your aircraft and the remote controller. Thank you.
2018-7-14
Use props
cwillis
lvl.1
Canada

Hey there, I had an issue with my processor overheating as well. I removed the top cover to expose the fan and found it was sticking in one spot. I could not tell why. I blew compressed air on the fan blades for about 10 seconds to make it rotate in its normal operating direction. I then turned on the mavic air and waited for the fan to start. Everything works fine now. I hope this helps.
2018-7-27
Use props
GDL
First Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

The cooling fan can accumulate dust after working. If fly in environment air not clean it’s easy to block the fan.

Why can’t use the airflow from prop to cool the processor? This will save the weigh and power of cooling fan. Also reduce many problems.
2018-7-28
Use props
alpbird
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779281 ft
Turkey

How long have you been flying with your MA?
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, there might be a possibility that the main issue is the internal fan. Kindly contact our support team to start up a case and send the drone in for evaluation : (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav). Thanks for your support.
2018-7-28
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
First Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

This seems like a common issue. Some suggest blowing some compressed air into the vent (but not too much as it may cause the fan to spin too fast). Taking the top off your Mavic can be done if you want to check the fan, but this will void your warranty, so not recommended.

2018-7-29
Use props
EllaHoll
lvl.1

Ukraine

Very useful information for people, I think this is what everyone needs.
2018-7-31
Use props
Alina19
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-14 12:54
Hi, thank you so much for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with your device. May we ask for the brand or make of the mobile device you are using? When was the last time you calibrated your IMU and compass? Also kindly please provide the current firmware of your aircraft and the remote controller. Thank you.

Hi,
I have an issue with my Mavic Air.  Worked fine at home (Canada) for a couple of flights. Took it on holiday to Europe and the problem started after a few flights. I can't fly it now because it tells me the CPU is overheated. Message is "Processor Overheated". The fan is not starting anymore, so I think this is the cause. I understand that this is happened before with people traveling overseas and they had complaints. So this it’s not an individual case, mine stopped as well, no accidents. Could not do anything with my drone for the rest of trip.
Very frustrating, I missed lots of shots. So disappointing, I couldn't really use it while I was on vacation and which was the main purchase reason for me.
I have contacted the costumer service on August 10th for my Mavic Air problem. 2 days after, they respond and gave me a series of possible troubleshooting steps. So, I did what they told me to do, but no luck.
Unfortunately, every time I try to do what they told me it gives me same message: processor chip critically overheated. The aircraft will power off in 30 seconds.  
Since August 12th I had no answer from dji (after sending 3 e-mails) and I find it VERY disappointing, especially when I specifically told them that I want my problem solved before the and of August, so I would be able to flight it on my next trip.
They just attempt to solve it with a possible troubleshooting steps. Possible, like they just said. But no feedback whatsoever. Extremely frustrating!
Any advice anyone?
Thank you!
Alina
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Alina19 Posted at 2018-8-20 09:24
Hi,
I have an issue with my Mavic Air.  Worked fine at home (Canada) for a couple of flights. Took it on holiday to Europe and the problem started after a few flights. I can't fly it now because it tells me the CPU is overheated. Message is "Processor Overheated". The fan is not starting anymore, so I think this is the cause. I understand that this is happened before with people traveling overseas and they had complaints. So this it’s not an individual case, mine stopped as well, no accidents. Could not do anything with my drone for the rest of trip.
Very frustrating, I missed lots of shots. So disappointing, I couldn't really use it while I was on vacation and which was the main purchase reason for me.

Hi, we do apologize for the troubles. Since we already exhausted all of the troubleshooting steps, I can suggest sending the aircraft for assessment and evaluation to avoid any further damage of the aircraft. Are you located in the United States or Canada? If in Canada contact the numbers provided below or send an email. We're here to help you. Thank you.

2018-8-20
Use props
ramble on
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hi,

I just started getting the same issue. I bought this drone specifically for our holiday in Indonesia and for most of it I've had only minor issues. However today when we arrived in Lombok and I set it up to capture the beautiful scenery here it came up with the processor overheating message. I also got some message about system failure. No amount of waiting for it to cool down as suggested allows me to fly again. I haven't previously noticed any fan noise but there doesn't seem to be any sound coming from the unit when turned on now, and it does get hot on the top of the unit after a short time. I don't have tools to remove the top cover. I am very disappointed with the product. I have had minor issues since first purchased such as the gimbal often taking time to stabilise, loss of signal less than 100 metres away, video dropping out regularly and frequent warning messages about extra payload or similar when there is nothing attached other than the blade protectors. I've also had to re-calibrate the compass nearly every time I've turned it on. Now in one of the most beautiful places we have been to I can't even use it. To make matters worse every time I have an issue with the drone I google it to find out that it's a common issue. I don't find this acceptable for an $1800 investment.
2019-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules