QR Code -- Ran battery down trying to scan QR code!
1172 8 2018-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Can't get the QR code scanned.

I can connect wifi to either the remote or the spark or my wifi network. No two at the same time.

I got the firmware in both the spark and remote updated.

Now, it's time to activate the device:

Man, it's hard to scan this tiny QR. Ran the spark's battery down just sitting there waiting for me to scan a QR code. It's back on charge. I'll try outside in the sunshine tomorrow.

Do I connect the wifi to the spark, or the remote?

Do I scan the remote's QR code or the Sparks?

2018-7-14
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

You connect to the controller. At that point everything should be automatic to activate and update - just follow the prompts. Scanning the QR Code is an alternate method. Try using the DJI Assistant 2 software on a computer to upgrade the software. You cannot activate/ update the spark & controller with a mobile device with just WiFi. You need a data line on the mobile device because WiFi will be occupied by connecting to the controller.
2018-7-14
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

And you find this magical DJI Assistant 2 at https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2018-7-15
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Sometimes if the Spark is Refurbished the QR Code of the Spark in the Battery Area will be different from the QR Code on the Jablo Box / Carry Case.

Always use the QR Code on the Spark Body found in the Battery Area.

You can use the DJI GO4 App to Activate -

Watch here -

2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry to read on this, it's not necessary to scan the QR code, once your phone is connected to your RC via remote controller our application will ask you to activate the aircraft, you'll be needing to follow the instruction in the app itself to activate the unit using the DJI GO 4 app, please ensure that your home network is available as you need it to confirm your account prior to activation. Please see the video below.

2018-7-15
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

Have Spark on charger again. I'll try it again after putting something in my tummy.
2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tentoes Posted at 2018-7-15 11:09
Have Spark on charger again. I'll try it again after putting something in my tummy.

Kindly keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2018-7-15
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

I got it connected, but then couldn't take off, aircraft is locked.

Google sent me to another thread here suggesting I download Go 4.1.15. Doing so flew my spark. It was raining, so I had to stay on the covered patio.

2018-7-17
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

The older version of GO app for android, v 4.1.15, got me in the air. Since, it has updated to the current version and seems to be working nicely.
2018-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules