How sturdy is the Mavic Pro?
774 16 2018-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SupaMonkey
lvl.1
South Africa

Hey guys,
Just curious about everyone's opinion as to how sturdy the Mavic Pro is? I've had mine for over a year now, but I've basically had a hard case since day 1 and am always super careful with it. I'm into trail running and would like to start taking the drone with me in my CamelBak (in its own DJI carry bag within it of course) but am slightly worried about all the bouncing and such.
Short of something more serious like falling on it, do you guys think it will be OK or am I looking for trouble?
2018-7-14
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I had mine for Year + and been care it everywhere by car, by foot, by bike - I use semi hard case for it  and never had problems so far. So I guess you have to try
2018-7-14
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

I use InCase (from Apple store) and am happy so far; best to ensure that you put the gimbal protector and gimbal cover on during transport. Have fun droning.
2018-7-15
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

The drone itself is fairly sturdy, the gimbal is the massive weak point.  If you have the clamp and dome cover on correctly mine handles being baned around just fine.
2018-7-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

dronto Posted at 2018-7-15 02:03
I use InCase (from Apple store) and am happy so far; best to ensure that you put the gimbal protector and gimbal cover on during transport. Have fun droning.

wow very quick buddy !
Second Officer
2018-7-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

dronto Posted at 2018-7-15 02:03
I use InCase (from Apple store) and am happy so far; best to ensure that you put the gimbal protector and gimbal cover on during transport. Have fun droning.

by the way I get second officer in 8 days
Screenshot (78).png
2018-7-15
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-7-15 05:10
by the way I get second officer in 8 days

Wow quite impressive buddy
2018-7-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

dronto Posted at 2018-7-15 05:12
Wow quite impressive buddy

you too! keep it up!
2018-7-15
Use props
EricCaesar
lvl.1
United States

what about for crashing- does anybody have experience with their drone crashing and surviving?
2018-7-16
Use props
Anton Manzano
lvl.1
Australia

Yup. I crashed my drone and almost lost and it still survived. I will post it next time. You wont believe how mavic pro handled it.
2018-7-17
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

Thanks Buddy, you too!
2018-7-17
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Like others mentioned, use the gimbal lock and cover when transporting. The rest will be fine. I've taken mine to many locations. It's a sturdy craft
2018-7-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

dronto Posted at 2018-7-17 03:21
Thanks Buddy, you too!

you are welcome!
2018-7-17
Use props
SupaMonkey
lvl.1
South Africa

jacksonnai / dronto - Please stay on topic. This isnt a race to see who has the best forum rank by spamming irrelevant posts like "cool" and "you too". Not one of your posts (ok, 1 - from dronto) have had to do with the subject of this thread.

As for everyone else, thank you for your input. Was definitely going to use the gimbal and lens protectors in any case. Here's to hoping I dont bugger the drone!
2018-7-17
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

SupaMonkey Posted at 2018-7-17 04:04
jacksonnai / dronto - Please stay on topic. This isnt a race to see who has the best forum rank by spamming irrelevant posts like "cool" and "you too". Not one of your posts (ok, 1 - from dronto) have had to do with the subject of this thread.

As for everyone else, thank you for your input. Was definitely going to use the gimbal and lens protectors in any case. Here's to hoping I dont bugger the drone!

SupaMonkey I am pretty sure neither jacksonnai or I wanted to spam your post intentionally....

I replied to your thread about InCase and gimbal protector/cover for sharing ...it got slightly side-tracked and I don't think you should commented or accused us to spam your post unnecessarily...

This is a forum and sometimes discussion get side-tracked.
2018-7-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

SupaMonkey Posted at 2018-7-17 04:04
jacksonnai / dronto - Please stay on topic. This isnt a race to see who has the best forum rank by spamming irrelevant posts like "cool" and "you too". Not one of your posts (ok, 1 - from dronto) have had to do with the subject of this thread.

by the way you still new to the forum
Dji forum is like a social media but only for drone pilot
it is same as the other like facebook, insatgram, twitter
for exemple if I ask you how long you have been flying drone? is this off topic?
next if I ask you when did you start to join the forum? is this off topic?
then if I ask someone about his forum user group and give him some encouragement ? is this off topic?
if you have taken a very nice shot and share it on the forum, people can give you comment and reply on other people comment
you can't said that they were wrong cause it is a forum where we can communicate and discuss something together
that is how a forum work
2018-7-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

dronto Posted at 2018-7-17 06:05
SupaMonkey I am pretty sure neither jacksonnai or I wanted to spam your post intentionally....

I replied to your thread about InCase and gimbal protector/cover for sharing ...it got slightly side-tracked and I don't think you should commented or accused us to spam your post unnecessarily...

agree with that
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules