Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
XT 2 Gimbal Not Responding
7695 13 2018-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bassy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 312136 ft
South Africa

Hello,

We have recently purchased a Matrice 200 with the XT2 camera. While everything works perfectly fine, sometimes the XT2 gimbal stops working and does not respond while the drone is in the air...I have to Return To Home and reboot the drone in order for the gimbal to get recentered. I tried to recenter the gimbal while in the air but it just won't respond. This has now happened three or four times in the last couple of days.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to troubleshoot it as it is very inconvenient while filming wildife...
Thank you.
2018-7-14
Use props
Bassy
lvl.1
South Africa

Can anyone from DJI please get back to me about this? This happened to me again last night...the gimbal tilted all the way down and got locked in. I rebooted my Crystal Sky and the Pilot App but nothing helped. The only solution is to land the drone and reboot it which is not ideal at all.
2018-7-23
Use props
Bassy
lvl.1
South Africa

Zenmuse XT2 gimbal tilts down and gets locked

Hello,

We have recently purchased a Matrice 200 with the XT2 camera. While everything works perfectly fine, sometimes the XT2 gimbal tilts down on its own and gets locked in that position. I have to Return To Home and reboot the drone in order for the gimbal to get recentered. I tried to recenter the gimbal while in the air but it just won't respond. This has now happened three or four times in the last couple of days.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to troubleshoot it as it is very inconvenient while filming wildife...
Thank you.

2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Bassy, sorry for the difficulties with XT2, may I have your current firmware version of the drone? Have you tried other gimbal to see if the issue persists?
2018-7-24
Use props
OwenM3055
lvl.1
United States

Same trouble here...    I can't get the gimbal to respond to my controller.  When I try to re-calibrate, it  freezes at 20%.   Drone has latest firmware (Matrice 200), but gimbal makes grinding sound and gets hot...
2018-11-3
Use props
ChuckPOregon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73028 ft
United States

Same issue as OwenM3055 here.  controller doesn't recognize gimbal and the zenmuse XT 2 is not on.  Gimbal was really hot yesterday, that seems to have gotten better but still no picture or movement of the camera.
2019-1-4
Use props
Marcelo Archanjo
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi Guys,

I´m from Brazil, I´ve bought a MATRICE 210 RTK + Zenmuse XT2 + Zenmuse X4S, and the Zenmuse XT2 doesn´t work. Simply happens the same thing with XT2´s "ChuckPOregon" and "OwenM3055".
I´ve tried to download the latest firmware, but at the DJI´s site, there is no Firmware available like the "How to Update DJI Zenmuse XT 2 Firmware" shows...
Someone here could get the latest firmware, and if yes, what is the firmware version?
I appreciate the help...
2019-1-5
Use props
TOPCAT1069
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125577 ft
United States

Has anyone received additional information on the xt2 being nonresponsive?  I'm having the same problem.  210, pilot app, and controller updated, but no gimbal control.  I can see the camera on the crystalsky and zoom along with all other functionality works, but the gimbal will not move at all.  Any help would be appreciated.
2019-1-18
Use props
IAEROBOTICS_TEC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1470 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here, but a little different.  

Have gimbal control, but no video. 1st start of the drone I get black screen for xt2 - z30 is fine. 2nd start of drone, z30 fine, xt gets initial image but freezes - gimbal still moves fine just not video feed. 3rd reboot of drone everything works fine.

All firmware updated.
2019-1-20
Use props
SierraDrones
lvl.1
United States

Did anyone determine a fix for the locking gimble on the XT2.  I have a new Matrice 200 with new XT2 and gimble locks up on 1/4 flights.  Usually happens 10+ minutes into the flight and the only fix is to land and reset the drone.  

These are $20,000+ setups!  I figured I would see you guys getting some type of response/solutions?
2019-2-15
Use props
AIRPOWER VERONA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 842244 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Also some time we have problem that we have control of the XT2 but no VIDEO signal. After some restart all work correctly !!!
2019-2-19
Use props
AIRPOWER VERONA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 842244 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Try to: 1) format SD1; 2) format SD2; 3) reset XT2 to factory default
2019-2-19
Use props
Louie07
New

Australia

Hello,
Has there been any communications updates noting what to do with regards to the issues with the XT2 gimbal? Same issues I am having as with others above;
1. controller does not recognise XT2 on IPAD.
2. Gimbal freezes 5-10+ minutes inflight
3. unable to change thermal pictures to rainbow colors from the blue hue I'm stuck with!
Really need support, thankyou.

2019-4-14
Use props
jason_rmh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6674222 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This may be a little late for you but I have had various issues with the XT2, including unresponsive gimbal, and have managed to solve most of them now!

Symptoms
Gimbal not response, will not pan or tilt

Solution
To resolve gimbal issue goto Gimbal settings at use the following options in order:
  • Recenter Gimbal Pan
  • Gimbal Calibration
  • Reset Gimbal Parameters

Gimbal should now be responsive!

If you are having other issues such as unable to change pallet, menu options not working, see my response to another thread here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=240401&page=1#pid2519009

Hope this helps!

2021-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules