When we can expect dynamic home point for MA?
1031 11 2018-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PiVoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158845 ft
Poland

Lack of it makes follow/tracking pretty useless and anoying to use, even Spark have it.

Pretty Please?
2018-7-15
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

I fully endorse the above message
2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, the dynamic home point function for the DJI Mavic Air is not available. Rest assured that I will be forwarding this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the Drone. Thank you.
2018-7-15
Use props
Canefan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88074 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-15 07:11
Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, the dynamic home point function for the DJI Mavic Air is not available. Rest assured that I will be forwarding this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the Drone. Thank you.

I asked this exact question 3 months ago and got this exact answer.  The 3rd party app Litchi supports it with the MA, so the device is certainly capable of supporting it.  As the OP stated, the Spark does it, so what's the holdup with the MA?  This is crucial functionality IMO, and it's really aggravating that DJI hasn't added this yet.  This is my 1st DJI product, and I must say that I'm not at all impressed with the ongoing support for this expensive device.  
2018-7-15
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Poland

Canefan Posted at 2018-7-15 07:59
I asked this exact question 3 months ago and got this exact answer.  The 3rd party app Litchi supports it with the MA, so the device is certainly capable of supporting it.  As the OP stated, the Spark does it, so what's the holdup with the MA?  This is crucial functionality IMO, and it's really aggravating that DJI hasn't added this yet.  This is my 1st DJI product, and I must say that I'm not at all impressed with the ongoing support for this expensive device.

This

MA has So much potential but the Way dji threats it is very dissapointing, like they are not So prod of it, or even worse i got feeling like its on purppse to make mavic pro and upcoming mavic 2 more special .
2018-7-15
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Poland

This

MA has So much potential but the Way dji threats it is very dissapointing, like they are not So prod of it, or even worse i got feeling like its on purppse to make mavic pro and upcoming mavic 2 more special .
2018-7-15
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft

You can somehow rationalize that they didn’t give the Air Way Points so that you step up to the Pro or better.
However it is puzzling that they didn’t give the Air a feature that the step down Spark has.
2018-7-15
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

I asked this exact question 3 months ago and got this exact answer.  The 3rd party app Litchi supports it with the MA, so the device is certainly capable of supporting it.  As the OP stated, the Spark does it, so what's the holdup with the MA?  This is crucial functionality IMO, and it's really aggravating that DJI hasn't added this yet.  This is my 1st DJI product, and I must say that I'm not at all impressed with the ongoing support for this expensive device.

Well, since we haven't had an update in 3 months, it's hard to get an added feature.
2018-7-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think they need to fix up the MA glitches from FW0400 before bolting on new features.
2018-7-16
Use props
fansb77b4f1b
lvl.2

gesture only mode doesn’t have the distance limitation.
2018-7-16
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Poland

fansb77b4f1b Posted at 2018-7-16 08:43
gesture only mode doesn’t have the distance limitation.

you mean without any controler at all? im not confident enough and i think its not wise to let mavic fly without any leash..
2018-7-16
Use props
airmail28
lvl.2
United States

PiVoR Posted at 2018-7-16 11:20
you mean without any controler at all? im not confident enough and i think its not wise to let mavic fly without any leash..

Exactly.  I have run several 5K practice routes with the AIR in gesture mode following me around.  On a good day I get most of the way before the battery dies.
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules