Dji spark refurbished?
4610 21 2018-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thewhatever
lvl.2

Lebanon

So I plan to get the fly more combo refurbished tomorrow from amazon, it will be a certified refurbished one by dji official store. Can I expect the drone to work 100%? Could a part like propeller or battery be missing or damaged?
2018-7-15
Use props
thewhatever
lvl.2

Lebanon

Dji claims they test them before selling, but I can see here and there some people complaining they got broken units or missing parts
2018-7-15
Use props
djiuser_icN3tlvLmxpo
lvl.2
United States

Don't do it. I just bought one and it's a paper weight. Seems like they didn't even test it before sending it to me because it had an ESC error the first time I tried to fly it.
2018-7-15
Use props
thewhatever
lvl.2

Lebanon

I was so thrilled to buy the fly more combo
Better cross fingers so that they do a special combo for prime day: new spark basic + rc + additional battery at 400$
2018-7-15
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Hey Buddy, I heard cases where the Spark was NEW and also had Errors. This RARELY Happens though. Don't be let down by others.

If you find a Good Deal go for it, if its Refurbished from an Official DJI Agent it will still carry a 1 Year Guarantee. I don't know if in Lebanon you have a Repair Centre, if something happens there is DJI Customer Care to help, you can always send it back to them and get another Replacement.

DJI are selling Refurbished Units too from their own Official DJI Store Page.

If its stated as Refurbished it should have nothing missing, just in case check the Description of the Product you will be buying. At the Bottom usually there will be written what the Package Includes.

My Friend has bought a Refurbished Unit and its like NEW, with all the Labels, Warranty Stickers etc... I couldn't believe it was Refurbished.

Goodluck.

2018-7-15
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 579843 ft
  • >>>
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-15 05:58
Hey Buddy, I heard cases where the Spark was NEW and also had Errors. This RARELY Happens.

If you find a Good Deal go for it, if its Refurbished from an Official DJI Agent it will still carry a 1 Year Guarantee. I don't know if in Lebanon you have a Repair Centre, if something happens there is DJI Customer Care to help.

I have a spark and a mavic pro both.....bought mavic pro refurb last Summer...works awesome...just my experience
2018-7-15
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

kowal63 Posted at 2018-7-15 06:02
I have a spark and a mavic pro both.....bought mavic pro refurb last Summer...works awesome...just my experience

I agree with You, Kowal63 - Devil's Rejects

2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, our refurbished units are tested and reliable same as brand new one and still you're eligible for a warranty and also you can purchase the DJI Care refresh so that could protect your aircraft.
2018-7-15
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3

I bought a refurbished unit....the unit was like new...worked perfect....HOWEVER the charger block cable (from wall to charger) was missing.
2018-7-15
Use props
djiuser_icN3tlvLmxpo
lvl.2
United States

If they do send you a bad one then you have to send it back and have them inspect it before they will replace it. I spent $450 on a useless drone and now have to wait additional weeks to ship it back, have it inspected and then have a new one shipped to me.  

I had ESC errors since opening the box. I was able to get it to go away after many reboots and flew it for a total of 10 minutes and the next day had the same error and has never flown again. Now I am expected to go through the whole replacement process to get another unit.

I can't even get anyone to tell me if I can just get my money back. They are quick to sell you junk but not so quick to give you your money back. It's very disappointing after wanting a DJI drone for years and finally finding one direct from DJI that fit my budget and had all the features I wanted. Now I am reluctant to ever buy another DJI product.
2018-7-15
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-15 06:44
Hi, thanks for the inquiry, our refurbished units are tested and reliable same as brand new one and still you're eligible for a warranty and also you can purchase the DJI Care refresh so that could protect your aircraft.

Totally Agree with DJI Tony !

2018-7-15
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_icN3tlvLmxpo Posted at 2018-7-15 07:03
If they do send you a bad one then you have to send it back and have them inspect it before they will replace it. I spent $450 on a useless drone and now have to wait additional weeks to ship it back, have it inspected and then have a new one shipped to me.  

I had ESC errors since opening the box. I was able to get it to go away after many reboots and flew it for a total of 10 minutes and the next day had the same error and has never flown again. Now I am expected to go through the whole replacement process to get another unit.

Thats only your Sour Experience.

I am Sorry for You.
2018-7-15
Use props
thewhatever
lvl.2

Lebanon

There are 2 official resellers but I doubt they will take into account the US warranty. It's forbidden to get a drone from abroad because they know they are twice more expensive here
2018-7-15
Use props
djiuser_icN3tlvLmxpo
lvl.2
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-15 07:08
Thats only your Sour Experience.

I am Sorry for You.

I agree, and I am sure some people get perfectly working ones. All I am saying is that it's far from a garuntee and if they do send you junk then you have to jump through hoops to get a working one or your money back.
2018-7-15
Use props
62+
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1321991 ft
South Africa

My Spark is refurbished and bought it from official local DJI dealer (1600km away from home) with full warranty  It was and still is  like new.
Price was about 45% of new Spark.  Free delivery to my doorstep with in less than 24 hours. This is what I call service!! Could even select a color.

Had an issue with an addition battery that I bought and they collected it at my home and got a replacement within a few days
No shipment cost from my side.
2018-7-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Btw:
Some days ago was the question in a topic that I do not find right now, how to identify refurbished products
(They may look into this one !)
Someone answered, the 5. last character will be an R
Others said, that cant be, b/c they had ordered no refurbished but have there an R
(if I remember that right ;-)
Today I looked on the US page, deals, refurbished and found this there:

6. How can I identify a refurbished product?

Check the serial number. For all refurbished products, the fifth from last character will be "S"or "R".

So R or S it is, 5. from the end

2018-7-15
Use props
Johnhi30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19826 ft
New Zealand

I have a refurbished unit ( S in the serial number) and it was in 100% new condition, all factory seals and mint condition. Zero problems , I would say if you can get a refurb unit grab it with both hands and don’t look back.
2018-7-15
Use props
niz
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-15 05:58
Hey Buddy, I heard cases where the Spark was NEW and also had Errors. This RARELY Happens though. Don't be let down by others.

If you find a Good Deal go for it, if its Refurbished from an Official DJI Agent it will still carry a 1 Year Guarantee. I don't know if in Lebanon you have a Repair Centre, if something happens there is DJI Customer Care to help, you can always send it back to them and get another Replacement.

Dear would like ask you about refurbished mavic pro or spark ...
Buying new or buying refurbished drone is it any differents or missing in performance and physically
2018-8-4
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

niz Posted at 2018-8-4 00:41
Dear would like ask you about refurbished mavic pro or spark ...
Buying new or buying refurbished drone is it any differents or missing in performance and physically

Every Refurbished Spark is just like NEW, you won't even notice that its Refurbished, if it was me and I find a good deal I would certainly go for Refurbished. It will be approved and repaired from DJI Factory so you are 100% Safe.

I buy most of my items (Camera, Lenses etc..) as Refurbished and rarely have a problem and SAVE a lot of money.

2018-8-4
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

I buy refurb stuff and have not had issues.

Sidd
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-8-4 05:51
I buy refurb stuff and have not had issues.

Sidd

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Please don't hesitate to reach us back whenever you need our help. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-4
Use props
djiuser_Ww6s7IsEeo3p
New

Australia

I bought a DJI Spark refurbished. I did not realise it was refurbished as i was too busy looking at everything else on the web page about the Product.  Too late; i thought since i already ordered t.
I did not share a good feeling about it. When i got it hoping it would be reliable and last. Well? Needless to say it did not last more than 15 minutes careful try outs inside my Home. I made contact with m y curtains and plummeted to the carpet floor. Only about a meter or so high. I figured it being a minor thing that all should be fine and that such an expensive unit should withstand minor drops like that. Not so!
Camera would no longer work nor would the camera functions. Tried what ever i could find on Youtube e.t.c to find a solution. In the end i was screwed with a broken Unit. Warranty? Forget it. Ones you either bumped it or it feel on a soft carpet from a mere meter, forget your warranty because they will use it as being your fault. Even if there was such a slight likelihood of a repair under warranty, it would take ages.
Was it so easily busted because it was a refurbished Unit? I tend to lean on thinking that way but never know for sure. I have since bought another used DJI Spark Drone (new and not refurbished)
It works fine and lets see if it will be a much sturdier Unit than the refurbished one. Time will tell. Would i recommend a Refurbished DJI Drone??? No way!!! Stay clear just to be safe. Because the one i had may have had already been iffy but will never know and DJI will never tell you either.
2019-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules