Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Imagine.....
1214 2 2014-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixstreme
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hey all,
I was looking at the Mariner quad copter and thought,  wouldn't it be great to put the Phantoms guts inside this waterproof shell.
It uses a breathable membrane, so its not airtight.......
Weights look ok,  but would we get it all in?
What kind of temp issue could we have?

Any news on any waterproofing technologies DJI,,  Shells,  Ideas?

This is a great thing for SAR, main requirement for coastal and rain.....  just dont trust the workings........

Mariner quadcopter.jpg
2014-11-2
Use props
humboldt710
lvl.3

United States

Check out Liquipel.
http://youtu.be/h3pU0XKQZt4?t=1m1s
2014-11-2
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.4

United Kingdom

humboldt710@gma Posted at 2014-11-3 13:22
Check out Liquipel.
http://youtu.be/h3pU0XKQZt4?t=1m1s

I have researched and tested something similar to liquipel, but the application has to be reinforced periodically.
This isn't an issue, but when not in general use or shelved its still an outlay to ensure your unit is still going to be protected after such time....  

The current frame is in no way waterproof, there's some intricate procedures that have to be done to provide a reasonable level of protection but this is still not waterproof.

The mariner has its issues as well and YouTube shows a flyaway with a water crash.  It goes bang and this just shows although on the right track, its the application and quality of the solutions that count.

I do think the mariner frame could be a step in the right direction, well soon see.....

Current levels of protection for the phantom are now at the limits as the frames design will not allow for water landings or serious water trauma.  Rain and fog have been kept at bay using the same type of material used in jackets or the roofing membranes currently available on new builds.

Great for the mountains / inland but not for coastal applications.....
2014-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules