which is 2.4Ghz and which is 5ghz?
2103 5 2018-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MuzzleVelocity
New
Flight distance : 4508 ft
United States

Hello,  I am a tad bit confused. I am using phone paired to the DJI remote via wifi  and the remote is then controlling my Spark.

When I change wifi channel in the "DJI GO 4" app is that changing the channel used between phone and remote, or between remote and aircraft? Thank you!

2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, we will forward this concern to our engineers for further clarification and accurate information. Your patience is highly appreciated
2018-7-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

It is changing BOTH!
In the display of the App, you see the Band between RC and AC
If that is an 5.8, the 2.4 is for RC to Phone/device

If you change in the app from 149-163 to 1,2,...,  9,10,..., that would change on the display to 2.4, RC to bird.
And leaves your RC to device wifi with 5.8

Think about the RC as a wifi router or repeater with two receiver/sender, one for 5.8 and one for 2.4 but can just connect to ONE device at a time with each receiver

To keep the highest possible speed for transfering data
2018-7-15
Use props
landude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126407 ft

United States

Thanks for that S-e-ven, that has always confused me.
2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, if you connect the drone with the mobile device directly, choose 5.8Ghz on App, then the image transmission and RC signal between the mobile device and aircraft is 5.8Ghz.
If connected the RC, and the RC connected with the aircraft, you may choose 5.8Ghz on App, then the image transmission and RC signal between RC and aircraft is 5.8Ghz, and the image transmission and RC signal between RC and the mobile device is 2.4g. Hope this makes it clear.
2018-7-16
Use props
Charliejspark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286654 ft
United Kingdom

landude Posted at 2018-7-15 13:01
Thanks for that S-e-ven, that has always confused me.

I have to say I remain confused!  If I change the frequency in the DJI GO App does this change the RC > Spark or the RC > mobile?
Mostly I use a OTG cable so presumably  the frequency is irrelevant or is it?
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules