Video bitrate iPhone 8 Plus
2025 6 2018-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Camera Ninja
lvl.2

So I’m actually happy with the video quality using the DJI Go App. I actually like it better than using Filmic Pro. I know, I’m alone in that opinion, but that’s just me.

One thing I was wondering was haw to get the DJI Go App to record in the maximum bitrate. I know my phone can record up to 100Mbs, but i’m only getting about 25Mbs out of the app. Funny thing is that it still looks great and not pixelated or anything.

I was wondering if there’s a particular way to import files off my phone and onto my Mac or a setting on my phone that will give me the best results.

I had one random video record at 50Mbs, but I have no idea how I got that, so that’s why I’m thinking you have to off-load your videos in a specific sequence.
2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. May I know what unit you are referring to?
2018-7-16
Use props
Camera Ninja
lvl.2

I’m using The Osmo Mobile 2.

I actually found that using a PC to pull the video is off my phone works pretty good.

One thing that just baffles me is why can’t the DJI Go app just record my phone’s native frame rates and CODEC’s?

If I use the iPhone camera App or 3rd party apps like Filmic Pro, I can record up to 4k 60 @100Mbs and
240fps @1080p.

I would much rather use the DJI Go App in order to get the most out of my gimble, but sacrificing video quality in order to do this kind of sucks.

I have an iPhone 8 Plus with a 256gb hard drive so I don’t need to worry about saving space.

2018-7-16
Use props
Camera Ninja
lvl.2

One update to my orginal post I found is when I pulled the video off the PC, the bitrate was actually around 50Mbs. Much better, but It still would be better if the DJI Go App just let the iPhone record nativly.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Camera Ninja Posted at 2018-7-16 07:38
I’m using The Osmo Mobile 2.

I actually found that using a PC to pull the video is off my phone works pretty good.

Thank you for the response. You can use iTunes to transfer the files from your phone's gallery to your Mac.
2018-7-17
Use props
Camera Ninja
lvl.2

Thanks, I was able to figure it out.
I guess my biggest issue with the Osmo is why doesn’t it support my phones native frame rates?
If my phone can record 4k 60, the Osmo should as well.
I’ve downloaded two other gimble apps and both will support my phone’s full frame rates.
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Camera Ninja Posted at 2018-7-17 07:02
Thanks, I was able to figure it out.
I guess my biggest issue with the Osmo is why doesn’t it support my phones native frame rates?
If my phone can record 4k 60, the Osmo should as well.

I understand that your phone can record 4k 60 resolution. However, in terms of using DJI Go, there are only certain mobile devices that can handle this resolution. But don't worry. We already raised this issue to our engineers. Thank you for your feedback.
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules