Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ultrasonic Sensor Failure warning again.
1743 32 2018-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

This is the first time in several weeks I’ve gotten the error. All firmware is current. Sensors are all clean and dry. Came up about halfway through a battery while creating waypoints. They really need to come up with a repair for this message.

Jeff
2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jeff, I've read your post before. Currently, the misinformation Ultrasonic Sensor Error has been optimized in the latest beta firmware(V01.06.0100) of P4P. If the reminder appears in the open field when the drone is in the air, it might be the misinformation. You may leave or PM us your DJI Account here, we'll collect regularly and forward to the right team to add you in the beta test. Any feedback will be appreciated.  
2018-7-16
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-16 03:37
Hi Jeff, I've read your post before. Currently, the misinformation Ultrasonic Sensor Error has been optimized in the latest beta firmware(V01.06.0100) of P4P. If the reminder appears in the open field when the drone is in the air, it might be the misinformation. You may leave or PM us your DJI Account here, we'll collect regularly and forward to the right team to add you in the beta test. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Please see your PM inbox. Do I need to start uploading data from Assistant 2?

Jeff
2018-7-16
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hello?

Jeff
2018-7-17
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

You should see it in Assistant2 with the P4P connected when you get the beta assigned your account.
2018-7-18
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-18 00:54
You should see it in Assistant2 with the P4P connected when you get the beta assigned your account.

Thank you.
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-7-16 06:51
Please see your PM inbox. Do I need to start uploading data from Assistant 2?

Jeff

Sorry for the late response, Jeff. I've received your message in PM and the beta will be available around 1-2 working days. When it is ready, you can connect the aircraft with DJI Assistant 2 to update.
2018-7-20
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-20 02:14
Sorry for the late response, Jeff. I've received your message in PM and the beta will be available around 1-2 working days. When it is ready, you can connect the aircraft with DJI Assistant 2 to update.

Thank you. I will be sure to connect Assistant 2 and check for the update later today. I appreciate your help.

Jeff
2018-7-20
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-20 02:14

Beta firmware received, installed and tested for a short flight. Charging 3 batteries and the remotes for early morning tests. I’ll post my findings later.

Jeff
2018-7-20
Use props
fans11489028
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Hi, i was having this issue, it turned out that my  gimbal guard that is between the landing skids was causing the error. it was too far back and the sensor underneath did not likei t. just thought i would pass along my two cents!
2018-7-20
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

fans11489028 Posted at 2018-7-20 15:13
Hi, i was having this issue, it turned out that my  gimbal guard that is between the landing skids was causing the error. it was too far back and the sensor underneath did not likei t. just thought i would pass along my two cents!

Thank you for the suggestion. I have no aftermarket parts on my Phantom. This has been going on for 4 months. I believe it’s either the firmware, or the sensor is intermittently failing.

Jeff
2018-7-20
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

Three batteries later. No ultrasonic sensor failure message. I did notice one thing. I was at 300 feet and I got the high wind message. I began to descend at full speed. A gust of wind hit it, and this caused it to stop descending. Holding the throttle full down, and the aircraft just hovered. I released the throttle, then pulled back to full and it started descending again until it hit the next gust where it stopped and hovered. This is a new behavior. It has never done this before. I’ve descended at full speed in much higher winds, and it would just shudder a bit and continue down. Now it stops and waits for you to release the throttle before it will move again.

Jeff
2018-7-21
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 758579 ft
Poland

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-7-21 08:56
Three batteries later. No ultrasonic sensor failure message. I did notice one thing. I was at 300 feet and I got the high wind message. I began to descend at full speed. A gust of wind hit it, and this caused it to stop descending. Holding the throttle full down, and the aircraft just hovered. I released the throttle, then pulled back to full and it started descending again until it hit the next gust where it stopped and hovered. This is a new behavior. It has never done this before. I’ve descended at full speed in much higher winds, and it would just shudder a bit and continue down. Now it stops and waits for you to release the throttle before it will move again.

Jeff

I had this problem with my phantom 4 standard on the old version of the software https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1351606
and i have still problem with ultrasonic sensor error :/
2018-7-22
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

trabin Posted at 2018-7-22 05:52
I had this problem with my phantom 4 standard on the old version of the software https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=145168&page=1#pid1351606
and i have still problem with ultrasonic sensor error :/

Did it descend slowly, or stop and hover? Mine came to a complete stop.

Jeff
2018-7-22
Use props
trabin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 758579 ft
Poland

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-7-22 08:32
Did it descend slowly, or stop and hover? Mine came to a complete stop.

Jeff

Look at 28s on video. He stoped, hanging and I could not descend
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-7-21 08:56
Three batteries later. No ultrasonic sensor failure message. I did notice one thing. I was at 300 feet and I got the high wind message. I began to descend at full speed. A gust of wind hit it, and this caused it to stop descending. Holding the throttle full down, and the aircraft just hovered. I released the throttle, then pulled back to full and it started descending again until it hit the next gust where it stopped and hovered. This is a new behavior. It has never done this before. I’ve descended at full speed in much higher winds, and it would just shudder a bit and continue down. Now it stops and waits for you to release the throttle before it will move again.

Jeff

Jeff, thanks for keeping us updated. Did you record at that time? If yes, please kindly send us the video and the corresponding flight logs for analysis, thank you so much!
2018-7-23
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

Beta firmware, and I got the Ultrasonic Failure please land message yesterday. I descended and just as the sensors got in range of the ground, the red failure lights turned off and the message went away. I kept flying with no further problems. Hey DJI, what do I do now?

Jeff
2018-9-21
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

I’ve started a support ticket for this aircraft as I’m still getting the Ultrasonic Failure warning. The number for the ticket is 1374556. I have Care Refresh and Care Refresh Plus. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-9-25 00:26
I’ve started a support ticket for this aircraft as I’m still getting the Ultrasonic Failure warning. The number for the ticket is 1374556. I have Care Refresh and Care Refresh Plus. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Received with thanks! Upon checking the email history, the support has advised sending the unit in for diagnosis. You may start an online case from here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
If the self-register service is not available in your current region for now, please reply the email directly, the team will help you start a case to send the unit in.
2018-9-26
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-26 01:50
Received with thanks! Upon checking the email history, the support has advised sending the unit in for diagnosis. You may start an online case from here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
If the self-register service is not available in your current region for now, please reply the email directly, the team will help you start a case to send the unit in.

Thank you, I just got that email and will begin the ticket as soon as work allows.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Jeff
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-9-26 03:08
Thank you, I just got that email and will begin the ticket as soon as work allows.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

My pleasure. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-9-27
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

Well, it's finally on it's way to California. Nervousness level critical. Apprehension level astronomical. Fingers crossed until she's fixed and home safe.

Jeff
2018-10-10
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-27 04:18
My pleasure. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.

CAS-2322199-F3G8L2 This aircraft is less than a year old. How is this not under warranty? Also it's covered by Care Refresh. Can you look into this and see why it's not being covered? Also, is this the cause of the Ultrasonic Sensor Error? This aircraft has never had any physical damage, no hard landings, no impacts. How could this not be covered? It makes no sense at all.

Jeff

2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-10-16 12:10
CAS-2322199-F3G8L2 This aircraft is less than a year old. How is this not under warranty? Also it's covered by Care Refresh. Can you look into this and see why it's not being covered? Also, is this the cause of the Ultrasonic Sensor Error? This aircraft has never had any physical damage, no hard landings, no impacts. How could this not be covered? It makes no sense at all.

Jeff

Jeff, we're sorry for the inconvenience. This has been forwarded to the local team for double check and confirm. We'll keep you updated on the latest progress, thanks!
2018-10-17
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-17 20:16
Jeff, we're sorry for the inconvenience. This has been forwarded to the local team for double check and confirm. We'll keep you updated on the latest progress, thanks!

Yes, the complaint team tried to contact me Saturday evening, 2 times. However, I'm working 14 hour night shifts, 6 days a week. They indicated they would try again on Sunday, but again I was at work. I replied to an email they sent, asking them to communicate via email and haven't heard back since. I will be on this shift until mid November. Is there any reason they can't discuss this in an email?

Jeff
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-10-21 17:51
Yes, the complaint team tried to contact me Saturday evening, 2 times. However, I'm working 14 hour night shifts, 6 days a week. They indicated they would try again on Sunday, but again I was at work. I replied to an email they sent, asking them to communicate via email and haven't heard back since. I will be on this shift until mid November. Is there any reason they can't discuss this in an email?

Jeff

Well received, I'll forward to the designated team to contact you via email to avoid the similar inconvenience.
2018-10-21
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-21 18:28
Well received, I'll forward to the designated team to contact you via email to avoid the similar inconvenience.

Thank you. Looking forward to getting a working aircraft back soon.

Jeff
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-10-21 19:02
Thank you. Looking forward to getting a working aircraft back soon.

Jeff

Hope we can figure this out soon.
2018-10-22
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-22 04:13

It would seem I was correct. It was covered by Care Refresh. The complaint team indicated they will refund the difference. Now the question that remains is if the aircraft was replaced and has a different serial number, how is the remaining Care Refresh transferred to the new aircraft? I’ve already begun receiving emails offering the sale of new Care Refresh for the replacement aircraft. I purchased Care Refresh and Care Refresh plus for the aircraft I sent in. That should equate to 3 coverages over two years. So I should have two remaining and another 14 months of coverage. Am I correct in that assumption?

Jeff
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-10-22 19:05
It would seem I was correct. It was covered by Care Refresh. The complaint team indicated they will refund the difference. Now the question that remains is if the aircraft was replaced and has a different serial number, how is the remaining Care Refresh transferred to the new aircraft? I’ve already begun receiving emails offering the sale of new Care Refresh for the replacement aircraft. I purchased Care Refresh and Care Refresh plus for the aircraft I sent in. That should equate to 3 coverages over two years. So I should have two remaining and another 14 months of coverage. Am I correct in that assumption?

Jeff

The remaining Care Refresh will be transferred to the replacement, the team will arrange for you. You may check the refresh balance on our website later, thanks!
https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage
2018-10-23
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-22 04:13

The replacement aircraft arrived today. It's absolutely perfect. The difference between the charge for repair and care refresh has been refunded. I'm happy to be flying again.

Thank you for all the help,

Jeff
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-10-24 12:42
The replacement aircraft arrived today. It's absolutely perfect. The difference between the charge for repair and care refresh has been refunded. I'm happy to be flying again.

Thank you for all the help,

That's great! Glad to hear everything works now. A present, the DJI Care Refresh has been transferred to the replacement successfully, you may check on our website. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-10-24
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

In November I got this aircraft as a replacement for my 11 month old Phantom 4 pro. I flew it twice then put it away for the holiday rush. It’s been in the box ever since because some health problems came up. I get it out yesterday and flew locally for two 25 minute flights. No problems, great aircraft. I can’t get over just how much I’ve forgotten though. It’s scary getting old and not being able to retain things like this. After I cleaned it up and put everything away, I sat down and read the manual twice. It’s raining out now, and it’s supposed to end by noon tomorrow. I’m gonna read it again, then get the bird out and practice some more. It feels like learning to ride a bike all over again. I pulled out the password book and logged into Litchi Mission Hub and made two flights around places we’ll be tomorrow afternoon.
Well, anyway. It’s good to be back, spring just around the corner and plans for some summer travel should lead to some nice places to fly.

Jeff
2019-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules