Mavic Pro firmware double update?
1158 9 2018-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Just wondering if its a common experiance - when I updated to v01.04.0400 via the DJI Assistant 2 app using a direct USB cable from PC/Mac, all went fine and upon checking via the DJI Go4 app the update was confirmed as installed. Then today when I plugged in the Cyrstalsky montor and accessed the drone via the RC, it propmted that the firmware needed to be updated again to v01.04.0400. I then checked using an IOs device running Go4 and it too prompted to update to v01.04.0400. So this brings me to wonder if there are multiple server site copies of the update and download flags or if a sneeky same named v01.04.0400 was re-released to fix a minor bug, or if there are separate server side tags that register your download and update - so you get prompted again until all user account records are in sync? Is not a major issue, but a tad annoying to have to re-download the update package if it is already installed and working.

2018-7-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Is it for your other batteries maybe?
2018-7-15
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
United Kingdom

It could be - but I was under the understanding that this update did not need to 'update' the battery firmware too. Oddly of my 3 batteries only one flagged up the need to update a second time. Its all working fine though so only of academic interest. Thanks for the point.
2018-7-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Maybe DJI has decided that once really is not enough.  
Upgrade Firmware (gets 99% of it).  Update Firmware (gets 99.9% of it).  Reload Firmware (gets 100% of it).  Refresh Firmware (absolutely positively gets all of it).  
Fourth time is the charm...
2018-7-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I only needed one
(iOS device)
2018-7-16
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I was thinking it may be the update flags are separate for the 2 OSs - Android and IOs, but the 'update' notice appeared on both devices... so maybe its if you happen to update using DJI Assistant 2 initially, then start using either type of mobile device, the 2 mobile OSs have a different checking routine - so the update gets flagged up again. Once the 2nd update was done via my IOs device, the Android device (in this case a ChrystalSky) recognised that the update had been done.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2018-7-16 13:00
I was thinking it may be the update flags are separate for the 2 OSs - Android and IOs, but the 'update' notice appeared on both devices... so maybe its if you happen to update using DJI Assistant 2 initially, then start using either type of mobile device, the 2 mobile OSs have a different checking routine - so the update gets flagged up again. Once the 2nd update was done via my IOs device, the Android device (in this case a ChrystalSky) recognised that the update had been done.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, for clarification, once you updated the drone via DJI Assistant 2 the aircraft should be updated, however, I would like to ask if you manage to update your remote controller as well? Did you try to update it using the DJI GO 4 app?
2018-7-17
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-17 11:47
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, for clarification, once you updated the drone via DJI Assistant 2 the aircraft should be updated, however, I would like to ask if you manage to update your remote controller as well? Did you try to update it using the DJI GO 4 app?

Hi Tony, I first updated my Mavic Pro Platinum using the latest build of the DJI Assistant 2 (Mac OSX version). Then 2 days later when I plugged in my Crystalsky monitor and had updated it's firmware - when I then plugged in the remote controller and started the MPP with a fresh battery, the firmware notice came up as the GO4 app on the Crystalsky started the usual checking as it connected to the MPP via the remote controler. So I then shut down the MPP, remote controller and Crystalsky before trying the update as I knew I had already updated the firmware via the Assistant a few days before. So I then tried starting up again, but this time using my iPhone 8 IOs device connected to the remote controller. This time again the Go4 app put up a notice saying the firmware on the MPP needed to be updated. So just to check - I shut everything down again and then plugged the MPP into my Mac again via direct USB cable, and starting Assistant 2 again - and it showed the firmware was up to date. So I tried again using the Crystalsky and again the firmware update notice appeared, so this time I proceeded to install the update again. The update completed without any issues, and I then could use the MPP as usual.
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2018-7-17 13:18
Hi Tony, I first updated my Mavic Pro Platinum using the latest build of the DJI Assistant 2 (Mac OSX version). Then 2 days later when I plugged in my Crystalsky monitor and had updated it's firmware - when I then plugged in the remote controller and started the MPP with a fresh battery, the firmware notice came up as the GO4 app on the Crystalsky started the usual checking as it connected to the MPP via the remote controler. So I then shut down the MPP, remote controller and Crystalsky before trying the update as I knew I had already updated the firmware via the Assistant a few days before. So I then tried starting up again, but this time using my iPhone 8 IOs device connected to the remote controller. This time again the Go4 app put up a notice saying the firmware on the MPP needed to be updated. So just to check - I shut everything down again and then plugged the MPP into my Mac again via direct USB cable, and starting Assistant 2 again - and it showed the firmware was up to date. So I tried again using the Crystalsky and again the firmware update notice appeared, so this time I proceeded to install the update again. The update completed without any issues, and I then could use the MPP as usual.

Hi, thanks for the response, I would like to ask since you manage to update it again with the Crystalsky like what you mentioned, did you check on the iPhone 8 if it will ask you to update the aircraft?  
2018-7-17
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-17 13:23
Hi, thanks for the response, I would like to ask since you manage to update it again with the Crystalsky like what you mentioned, did you check on the iPhone 8 if it will ask you to update the aircraft?

Indeed I did and it (the iPhone Go4 app) recognised to second (Crystalsky) update as the latest. So I think the issue was only with the DJI Assistant 2 installation not setting a relevant tag on the MPP that the other two platforms could then pickup. Just my guess - but your coders will probably find the answer.
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules