Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best way to download photos/videos
654 8 2018-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charliejspark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 286654 ft
United Kingdom

Any views on the best way to download photos/videos to your computer.  I currently take the SD card out and use a card reader. It seems much faster than downloading with a USB cable to the Spark...BUT I occassionally forget to put the SD card back in the drone!!   Chrishall Church looking particularly good tonite.

Chrishall Church

Chrishall Church
2018-7-15
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

I do like you do...my PC has SD slots so I put the card in an adapter, then into the PC slot.  Download is fast and pure.
2018-7-15
Use props
62+
Captain
Flight distance : 1321991 ft
South Africa

Connnect Spark with USB cable to Laptop or PC.
Start Spark.
Cut and paste to applicable folder for post production.
2018-7-15
Use props
62+
Captain
South Africa

No need to remove SD card from AC.
2018-7-15
Use props
Charliejspark
Second Officer

62+ Posted at 2018-7-15 22:44
Connnect Spark with USB cable to Laptop or PC.
Start Spark.
Cut and paste to applicable folder for post production.

But this method is so slow.
2018-7-15
Use props
62+
Captain
South Africa

Charliejspark Posted at 2018-7-15 22:51
But this method is so slow.

I suppose it depends on the  laptop/Desktop and OS you have and the size and speed of the SD card.
Got the routine that after the last flight of the day I download the photos and videos to my laptop and then the SD card is ready for the next time I use the AC. SD card size 32G.

2018-7-16
Use props
Charliejspark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

62+ Posted at 2018-7-16 09:18
I suppose it depends on the  laptop/Desktop and OS you have and the size and speed of the SD card.
Got the routine that after the last flight of the day I download the photos and videos to my laptop and then the SD card is ready for the next time I use the AC. SD card size 32G.

Good idea.  I have a state of the art Dell computer and 32GB SD Card.  Downloading directly from the card is instantaneous downloading through the USB cable seems to take for ever!
2018-7-16
Use props
62+
Captain
South Africa

No state of the art on this side.
Will do some timing test next time for interest sake.

My reasoning  is that the SD card is small and the less I handle it (remove/insert) in the AC the better. Also less wear and tear to the AC and it is then always where it should be..in the AC

2018-7-16
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Really Nice Picture ! Yes the best / fastest way I use is taking out the SD Card and use it in a Card Reader.
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules