Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Push feature
2526 8 2018-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danielebarone
lvl.4
Italy

Hi everybody!
Could you explain me Push feature?
In the manual I read that it allows the pan, tilt and roll axes to be adjusted by hand when the Ronin-S is turned on.
But what does it means?
With Push feature turned off, if I touch the axes, will I damage it?
On the countrary, with Push feature on, if I touch the axes and move them, it will be ok?
What is the usefullness of this feature?
Thank you in advance.
Daniele

2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Daniele, Push Feature means you can adjust the gimbal's position manually without the joystick when it is enabled, which would be more convenient for shooting.
If the Push feature is disabled, it is not recommended to push the gimbal by hands since the gimbal could be damaged.
2018-7-16
Use props
danielebarone
lvl.4
Italy

Thank you Mindy
2018-7-16
Use props
danielebarone
lvl.4
Italy

Now the question is:
why not allow "push feature"?
Is the motors performance better without push feature? Or there are no differences?
If there are no differences, why take the risk of turning "push feature" off?
Thanks
Daniele
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI-Paul
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

If you're swinging back and forth or tilting up and down very fast, the inertia from the weight of a camera might be interpreted by the gimbal as pushing by hand. Also, if there is an external force such as holding the gimbal out of a car window while driving, the high wind forces might also be interpreted as push.
2018-7-17
Use props
danielebarone
lvl.4
Italy

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-7-17 05:04
If you're swinging back and forth or tilting up and down very fast, the inertia from the weight of a camera might be interpreted by the gimbal as pushing by hand. Also, if there is an external force such as holding the gimbal out of a car window while driving, the high wind forces might also be interpreted as push.

Thank you Paul.
So what do you suggest me? To turn it on or off? In which situation is better to turn it on, and in witch is better to turn it off?
Thank you very much!
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI-Paul
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

If you don't plan on any fast movements, you can turn on push mode and set it to one of the 3 profiles. I usually have push set up on a mode where I'm usually shooting very slow movements and have the gimbal move nice and smooth. For every other move, I leave push off.
2018-7-17
Use props
adamjrichman
lvl.1
United States

I feel more confused about this feature as a result of reading this thread.
2018-7-17
Use props
danielebarone
lvl.4
Italy

If I understood, with “push OFF”, the gimbal can contrast  the movements caused by inertia and external forces like wind in a car.
So in those situations and everytime we use heavy cameras with high speed movements, it’s better to turn push off.
Is a good interpretation, Paul?
2018-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules