Brand new Mavic Pro Platinum doesn't take off
2204 21 2018-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rony Michaeli
lvl.1

Hey everyone!

I've just received my brand new Maviv Pro Platinum edition. When I tried to take off for the first time, I noticed that the back motors weren't spinning. An error message popped up saying to check my motors or propellers (see picture). I tried replacing the propellers, restarting the drone and controller and updating the firmware. All with no result. The drone just won't take off. Such a bummer, I was so excited to receive my first DJI drone, only to be met with disappointment..

Has anybody experienced the same issue or knows how to fix it? (If fixable at all)

Would be extremely appreciated!
IMG-20180715-WA0015.jpg
2018-7-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Did you check the Props to make sure the Props with white marks were on motors with white marks?
2018-7-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

RC Display and GO-4 screen shows Remote Controller Battery needs to be charged.  

Is Mavic Pro P's battery fully charged?  Can't tell if it is 91% or 57%.

2018-7-15
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charge you RC.
2018-7-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

GO-4 Screen also shows only 4 Satellites and zero GPS signal strength (as DJI calls it).
2018-7-15
Use props
Rony Michaeli
lvl.1

Tnx for the replies! The props where in the right place, and I tried again with full RC battery,no result... When I take off, both front props work and back props stay still, and after a second or 2 the front props stop as well and the error message pops up..
2018-7-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Rony Michaeli Posted at 2018-7-15 18:42
Tnx for the replies! The props where in the right place, and I tried again with full RC battery,no result... When I take off, both front props work and back props stay still, and after a second or 2 the front props stop as well and the error message pops up..

Do rear props turn as easy by hand as front props turn?
2018-7-15
Use props
Rony Michaeli
lvl.1

@HedgeTrimmer Yes they do, both back props turn as smooth as front ones
2018-7-15
Use props
Rony Michaeli
lvl.1
Belgium

@HedgeTrimmer Rony Michaeli Posted at 2018-7-15 18:49
@HedgeTrimmer Yes they do, both back props turn as smooth as front ones

Here is a quick vid of the faulty behaviour
2018-7-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Never seen that problem before.  
It would be worth charging R.C. battery.  Then trying again, otherwise DJI may ask you to do same.

After that, it is time to open a Ticket with DJI.  
DJI may have you Refresh current Mavic Pro P firmware using either GO-4 App via Smartdevice or use DJI's Assitant-2 via PC.
2018-7-15
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Do not go to support, first try dead on arrival with store You both! It'll be easier to replace faulty drone, then wait for repair
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. If that's the case that the propellers were on a right place and all the firmware is updated, I highly suggest to send it to our repair center to have it check by our engineers and see if it's going to be a replacement. You can contact our support +1 (818) 235 0789 Mon-Fri 7:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) to start up a case .
2018-7-16
Use props
Film Nation
lvl.1

Mexico

Hello! Just to know what happened? I’m just opening right now my platinum mavic pro and I  need to fly it in 2days for a client’s project! I really hope this doesn’t happen to me and that it was easy fixed for you.
2018-7-16
Use props
Rony Michaeli
lvl.1

@Film_Nation Still not working. I'll wait for the relpy from the store I bought it from. Otherwise, I'll send it to DJI for repair.  Pretty disappointed, needed it for a video shoot as well...
2018-7-16
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

First of all, you ain't going anywhere with 10% battery left on the controller.  I've seen people tell you three times to fully charge the controller and battery(ies) prior to flight, and you claim you did, but follow up with a video that shows you did NOT.  It says right on the screen LOW BATTERY.  Why is this so hard to get?

Do NOT make another attempt until you fully charge the battery and controller, PERIOD!!

Next, to start the props, you hold the sticks down and in for approx 3 seconds.  Just the tap you are doing doesn't accomplish anything.

Do yourself a favor and actually read the manual, and watch a few starter videos.  Clearly not knowing what you are doing AND trying your first flight indoors is a recipe for disaster. When you finally have a some idea on how to operate the drone, then go outdoors to an open park area and give it a try. Oh, and read how to set the antennas correctly too.
2018-7-16
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660092 ft
  • >>>

Ooo - harsh but true! Flying indoors without a GPS signal is a recipe for disaster as well. If you really must fly around the house or yard (which is illegal in many countries), fit prop guards (and use the setting for this). Follow Mr Archers's sound advice and enjoy the blue skies!
2018-7-16
Use props
Rony Michaeli
lvl.1

MrArcher Posted at 2018-7-16 12:27
First of all, you ain't going anywhere with 10% battery left on the controller.  I've seen people tell you three times to fully charge the controller and battery(ies) prior to flight, and you claim you did, but follow up with a video that shows you did NOT.  It says right on the screen LOW BATTERY.  Why is this so hard to get?

Do NOT make another attempt until you fully charge the battery and controller, PERIOD!!

Thank you for your reply!

I made another vid, this time with full batteries, antennas in the correct place and shot on an outside balcony. Still, the same faulty behaviour occurs...

2018-7-16
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

Rony Michaeli Posted at 2018-7-16 20:33

I made another vid, this time with full batteries, antennas in the correct place and shot on an outside balcony. Still, the same faulty behaviour occurs...

Return it. It's definitely defective.

When you get the new one, please take it out of your house, and off the patio, and bring it to a wide open area or the new one will very shortly fly just like this one.

Good luck
2018-7-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Rony Michaeli Posted at 2018-7-16 20:33

I made another vid, this time with full batteries, antennas in the correct place and shot on an outside balcony. Still, the same faulty behaviour occurs...

First, return your MPP.
Second, get your money back.
Third, don't buy another drone.

Why?  That was no place to fire up MPP.  Had rear motors now worked, and it  taken off, chances are it would have crashed into railing, furniture, balcony wall, or ceiling above.
2018-7-16
Use props
Rony Michaeli
lvl.1

Just got the Mavic back from a free repair. It ended up being a fabrication issue (ESC failure). Works well now. Thanks everybody (and Dji) for the support!
2018-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Rony Michaeli Posted at 2018-7-27 03:35
Just got the Mavic back from a free repair. It ended up being a fabrication issue (ESC failure). Works well now. Thanks everybody (and Dji) for the support!

Good job Rony, happy flying...
2018-7-27
Use props
djiuser_SM4Wc5BqJOHr
New

United States

I have this exact same problem with my new to me MPP shortly after doing an initial set-up and all. Worked fine out of the box but upon putting it away and getting back out for an official test flight I got "nearby airport" warning and the 2 rotors don't turn. Don't start with the "charge the batteries" flames because I've been through that and loading the current device firmware and still gives the same warnings. Does this require sending to DJI?
2021-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules