New P4 Pro V2 ....self drifting backwards
853 7 2018-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric19
lvl.2
Singapore

Dear Admin

We just purchased a P4 Pro, V2 and did all the necessary firmware updates etc. etc. (BTW, this is our second purchase after flying a P4 Pro for more than 30 hours).

Back to the V2, on our first take off, before GPS was log on, the drone started to drift backwards, usually we are able to control it with the RC (we have flown in ATTI mode many times), unfortunatley, it was not communicating and the drone got nearer to the wall. We immediately cut power, unfortunately, it got contact with the wall. Luckily drone was fine.

Second time, same thing happened. After we managed to have Gps , we flew the drone and it was responding.  So we decided to do a DJI Assistant calibration, guessed what, the Assistant was not able to detect the drone.

Question, is it safe to fly even we have GPS log on ?

Thanks
2018-7-15
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Why would you take off before GPS lock?
If your location doesn't provide enough satellites for a lock you may want to look for a take off point with clearance.

Still you will be good taking off in P-Opti which requires vision sensors to be on.
You can't solve this by calibrating.

2018-7-15
Use props
Eric19
lvl.2
Singapore

Eric13 Posted at 2018-7-15 19:25
Why would you take off before GPS lock?
If your location doesn't provide enough satellites for a lock you may want to look for a take off point with clearance.

Good question Eric, nevertheless, the drone should not be drifting back and loosing contact with the RC(without GPS).

I just want to know if this is normal. Yes drifting back is fine if there is a wind, as in any direction, but for the drone not able to respond to the RC, that's not normal.

So, is this an issue with the drone or RC. that is what I would like to know and how to solve it. and also, the DJI Assiatant not able to recognise the P4Pro V2 .

Cheers :-)
2018-7-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Eric19 Posted at 2018-7-15 19:38
Good question Eric, nevertheless, the drone should not be drifting back and loosing contact with the RC(without GPS).

I just want to know if this is normal. Yes drifting back is fine if there is a wind, as in any direction, but for the drone not able to respond to the RC, that's not normal.

Aloha Eric,

Your wishes appear to be DJI's command - there is a brand new DJI Assistant 2 out today.  Check it out and update everything that is applicable.  You might even try a calibration or two if you like.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-7-16
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

The Vr 2.0 has had a drift in hover since release.  Some drones seem to have the issue more than others which points to a possible change in internal parts in manufacturing.  A common issue.

Please note,  You need "Assistant 2 for Phantom",  Make sure you have downloaded and installed the correct version.  Assistant 2 (unless it was recently upgraded) will not see the Vr 2.0.  You can get the download from the Downloads page for Vr 2.0:

https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2/info#downloads

These are two separate programs and load as "Assistant 2" and "Assistant 2 for Phantom".  
The Vr 2.0 has a drifting issue and a bit of a yaw issue when panning in that the drone will continue to pan a bit after you stop a pan motion.  I control this with stick pressure.  

You do have to watch out on a V2 on take off, as even with GPS lock of 11 sats you can still have the drone take off and then move hard to the left or right about 2 to 3 feet then hover.    Doesn't happen all time but can.  

There was a new firmware released for the Vr 2.0 about a week ago to supposedly help this issue and a compass error.  It Did Not help my Vr 2.0 Plus, as it still drifted in hover.   Again not much but enough that you had to be careful on take off.  My Plus went back to the dealer as it's camera was de-centered.  

Best way to update Vr 2.0 firmware is via the djigo4 app.  Make sure you have a good wifi connection as it will update both battery and drone.  
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi, I am sorry to know what happened to your new DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2. Since this is happening to your DJI Drone from the start and it hit a wall before. The best thing you need to do is to send the Drone in for further assessment and repair just in case. I will be posting the DJI online repair request ( www.dji.com/support ) for you to create a ticket for your Drone. In addition please sync the flight records of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 for analysis. Thank you.
2018-7-16
Use props
Eric19
lvl.2
Singapore

paul2660 Posted at 2018-7-16 07:14
The Vr 2.0 has had a drift in hover since release.  Some drones seem to have the issue more than others which points to a possible change in internal parts in manufacturing.  A common issue.

Please note,  You need "Assistant 2 for Phantom",  Make sure you have downloaded and installed the correct version.  Assistant 2 (unless it was recently upgraded) will not see the Vr 2.0.  You can get the download from the Downloads page for Vr 2.0:

Thanks Paul. Good to hear your inputs.
2018-7-16
Use props
Eric19
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-16 12:21
Hi, I am sorry to know what happened to your new DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2. Since this is happening to your DJI Drone from the start and it hit a wall before. The best thing you need to do is to send the Drone in for further assessment and repair just in case. I will be posting the DJI online repair request ( www.dji.com/support ) for you to create a ticket for your Drone. In addition please sync the flight records of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 for analysis. Thank you.

Hi Stephen

Appreciate your support. How do I go about to arrange for repair and also the ticket which you have created, how do I find it. Sorry, am very new to DJI stuff especially to send a new Drone back for diagnostic and how do I sync the flight records for analysis.

Thanks
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules