Home / TELLO /
999 7 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aakad
lvl.1

Turkey

Hello there,

Im new drone owner and its a little tello, I like it too much but I have facing issues with samdung note 5, its impossible to take videos becouse of frame skipping issue.

Till now, Ive tired my tello with;
iphone 6s and its ok, no issues,
xiaomi mi6 and its ok, no issues,
samsung s8, video is ok, but photos of grey emptiness
samsung note 5, frame skipper videos which are trash, photos are ok.

all of them can control my tello without any problem but with samsung note 5 its impossible to use it fpv since there is trashy video streaming.

Is there any fix for that, or there will be any update for this compitability issue?

Best regards,
2018-7-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

thanks for the information!
2018-7-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

by the way a wifi extender will reduce frame skipping
2018-7-16
Use props
aakad
lvl.1

Turkey

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-7-16 03:16
by the way a wifi extender will reduce frame skipping

thnx for replies, I've tried everything including airplane mode, xiaomi wifi extender etc.

wifi repeater made it smoother but still frames are skipping
2018-7-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

aakad Posted at 2018-7-16 22:44
thnx for replies, I've tried everything including airplane mode, xiaomi wifi extender etc.

wifi repeater made it smoother but still frames are skipping

well just use other phone to fly it
maybe the note 5 are bad in wifi connection  
2018-7-17
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Sorry to know about your unpleasant experience.

The video quality may be affected by the lighting, bitrate, flight environment, and flight distance.

Try to fly the aircraft in an open area with less interference on a sunny day, and check the video quality by setting the bitrate to 1 M and flight distance within 10 m.
You can also pilot the drone in a line rather than keep the drone turning around.
Hope this help!

2018-7-17
Use props
aakad
lvl.1

Turkey

RYZE Posted at 2018-7-17 04:47
Sorry to know about your unpleasant experience.

The video quality may be affected by the lighting, bitrate, flight environment, and flight distance.

Thank you very much for reply,

I've tried your advices, with 1M bitrate in ten meters with wifi repeater it seems not bad, even though there is frame skipping on phone fpv, video record seems fine.

But in comparison between iphone 6s and xiaomi mi6, samsung note 5 is not satisfying.

By the way there is no problem with controls, only video stream and recording is problem.

Kind regards,
2018-7-18
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Thanks for your time reaching us back. In regard to this issue, we respectfully suggest you to use a compatible device to get a better view. Here is the link to reach it.  Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues. Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience caused
2018-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules