Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 SE doesn't take off
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alle_Mors
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1650 ft

Italy

My Phantom 3 SE refused to take off this morning because of these two issues: *the compass is stuck* and *GPS not connected* and there was a strange noise coming from inside the aircraft like a metallic thing that was not able to move, I have never crashed my drone and i've never seen this problem before, should i ask for a substitution or can i solve this problem by myself?
2018-7-16
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

can you locate the sound in the Aircraft ?? from motors ??
2018-7-16
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Can you post a short video with the strange noise?
2018-7-16
Use props
Alle_Mors
lvl.1

Italy

I'm trying to upload the video but it seems it won't go, I'll keep trying...
Anyway the noise seems to be coming from the body of the aircraft, not from motors nor gimbal
2018-7-16
Use props
Alle_Mors
lvl.1

Italy

Alle_Mors Posted at 2018-7-16 03:15
I'm trying to upload the video but it seems it won't go, I'll keep trying...
Anyway the noise seems to be coming from the body of the aircraft, not from motors nor gimbal

ok... I realized that the sound was coming from a singular motor and I tried to unscrew all the four screws under the motor; when i screwed them again the sound had disappeared and the drone is now totally functional
Thank you for the support anyway
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for sharing that information with us. Just in case that there will be a problem with your DJI Phantom 3 SE regarding the Drone's motors. Please contact DJI support at support@dji.com for further help. Have a safe and happy flying.
2018-7-16
Use props
Alle_Mors
lvl.1

Italy

Sadly i have to re-open this discussion because this morning my drone showed another problem: one propeller works perfectly but one doesn't work, it seems like it is stuck and vibrates going forward and backwards very fast, while the other two work but slowly  (even if I think it is like a security response of the drone to the malfunctioning propeller because if I try to rotate them faster they start without problems).
I tried to unscrew and screw again the 6 screws under all the motors but nothing changes, i hope it is just a broken motor and that I won't have to chenge the ESC...
2018-7-17
Use props
Alle_Mors
lvl.1

Italy

Alle_Mors Posted at 2018-7-17 09:28
Sadly i have to re-open this discussion because this morning my drone showed another problem: one propeller works perfectly but one doesn't work, it seems like it is stuck and vibrates going forward and backwards very fast, while the other two work but slowly  (even if I think it is like a security response of the drone to the malfunctioning propeller because if I try to rotate them faster they start without problems).
I tried to unscrew and screw again the 6 screws under all the motors but nothing changes, i hope it is just a broken motor and that I won't have to chenge the ESC...

Last night the drone worked perfectly and this morning the drone showed off this issue but I didn't touch anything
2018-7-17
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Alle_Mors Posted at 2018-7-17 09:30
Last night the drone worked perfectly and this morning the drone showed off this issue but I didn't touch anything

I wouldn't just leave it as it is.  There is obviously a problem, like a broken motor wire inside.  At the moment the wire is touching and completes the circuit.  However during flight, with a little bit of vibration it is likely to come loose.  It will crash, potentially hurting someone.  Not worth it.  Get it checked and fixed before flying.  
2018-7-18
Use props
Alle_Mors
lvl.1

Italy

endotherm Posted at 2018-7-18 02:24
I wouldn't just leave it as it is.  There is obviously a problem, like a broken motor wire inside.  At the moment the wire is touching and completes the circuit.  However during flight, with a little bit of vibration it is likely to come loose.  It will crash, potentially hurting someone.  Not worth it.  Get it checked and fixed before flying.

I've already bought a new motor and I will try to fix it, hoping that the problem is in the motor and not in the motherboard. obviously I won't even try to take off because the drone isn't able to at the moment.
thanks for your reply
2018-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules