538 12 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please see images, I check my drone over before each flight, I took 2 flights the other afternoon and the legs were fine, was a hot day mind, I just checked this morning prior to a flying ght and noticed these cracks and the pinching from the gimbal guard, no way had it had any hard landings, I hand catch 95% of the time anyway

2018-7-16
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

hand catch 95% .... Maybe it is the problem mi friend .. lot of my country friend with phanton series had the same problems using this method
2018-7-16
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

sometimes I used that method, but I do not usually use it because the weight of the device is subject only on one side and this unbalance when picking it makes the legs creak
2018-7-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, hand catching puts stress on specific points rather than spreading the force throughout the landing skids.

Sorry to see that.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-16
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

the hand catch would be done with "" two hands !!
to avoid possible cracks  .. and it not easy holding a RC
2018-7-16
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a little “wear n tear” nothing to worry about....
2018-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Would explain it then,  Should i send it in, do ya think it will cost much to replace the legs?
2018-7-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Why, if you are only going to continue doing it?

RedHotPoker
2018-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good point, they should really use a more flexible plastic throughout......
2018-7-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And i have now just broke the damn gimbal guard in the exact same place as the last one broke, CRAP plastic!!!
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Since this issue happened please send the Drone in for further assessment and repair just in case. I will post the DJI online repair request link for you to create a ticket for your Drone. Thank you.

www.dji.com/support
2018-7-16
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-16 02:43
Good point, they should really use a more flexible plastic throughout......

Then you possibly would have a hard time shutting it down as it would move/flex due to the softer material.

I don't even like to carry mine holding the legs and would only catch it by the legs in order to avoid an accident, those 4P legs just don't have the feel of being solid imo.

From the pictures it is hard to judge if it is all cracks or some of it just scratches that has gone dirty but you would be the best to judge if something need to be done about it.
The rubber does look strange, almost like it was cleaned with something not good for the material and if then remains has been behind the gimbal lock it has dissolved the rubber?
2018-7-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guys, I think the hand catching theory is out the window, I cannot see how this would crack the legs where the cracks are, if they were higher up then yeah, that would be a good call, I cannot see it the way I catch it, also, I always catch from behind, never the front legs, yet theere is a c acl on the front, not only that, all cracks appeared at the same time...

Also the chemical in the rubber is not by me, only ever wiped down with a damp cloth, the pinching is front the clamp, obviously when it's being fitted after flight

See new images as to where the cracks are exactly and how I place my hand to catch
I should also add, I have tried to cause more cracks by literally flexing the legs and not gently either and none appeared

2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules