12Next >
4262 44 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

I saw new version DJI Go 4.2.21 released on Google Play for Android device. Just installed but unable to test it soon. Anyone tested please post the results here.
2018-7-16
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

It's already here.
Go 4 4.2.21 Android.
2018-7-16
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Same as 4.2.21 not much was does done to fix it. 5 Flyers in our drone club yesterday got "aircraft disconnects" on various devices from S7, to S3 Tablet, To A10.1, To Nvidia Shield, and a Note 5. My Note 8 was fine, but spec wise it outdoes them all. It's like the app needs +4g ram to work right or something.

Couple guys said they are selling theirs and going with a newer competitor. They just flat out are tired of these problems. App works, doesn't work. Firmware updates, NFZ's etc.
2018-7-16
Use props
SebaF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 589462 ft
Argentina

In Argentina it still doesn't appears for download... As soon as it appears I will test it.
2018-7-16
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

SebaF Posted at 2018-7-16 05:49
In Argentina it still doesn't appears for download... As soon as it appears I will test it.

You can download it from the DJI website, just click on the playstore button: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-7-16
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-16 05:41
Same as 4.2.21 not much was does done to fix it. 5 Flyers in our drone club yesterday got "aircraft disconnects" on various devices from S7, to S3 Tablet, To A10.1, To Nvidia Shield, and a Note 5. My Note 8 was fine, but spec wise it outdoes them all. It's like the app needs +4g ram to work right or something.

Couple guys said they are selling theirs and going with a newer competitor. They just flat out are tired of these problems. App works, doesn't work. Firmware updates, NFZ's etc.

I have gotten multiple disconnects on my Note 8 too, so I don't think it has much to do with the processing power of the device lol .

Im pretty sure other competitors brands are going to have their own issues, but let us know how your buddies experience goes, maybe I will be the next one to switch
2018-7-16
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

On the release notes:
- Fixed map layout issue

I didn't even know there was an issue with the map's layout. What about the disconnects issues or the bad transmission issues? Come on now DJI

2018-7-16
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

Asainz320 Posted at 2018-7-16 07:01
On the release notes:
- Fixed map layout issue

DJI and the App is taking a beating in many forums and Facebook Groups, Amazon reviews, and Play Store.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new version once you tested it so that we can help you out.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Asainz320 Posted at 2018-7-16 07:01
On the release notes:
- Fixed map layout issue

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to reinstall the app? May I know what model of the mobile device are you using?
2018-7-16
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-16 07:21
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to reinstall the app? May I know what model of the mobile device are you using?

Hi DJI Wanda,

Why is my mobile device relevant to my question? The device I own is not going to change the fact that DJI has completely ignored the cries of the forum members. Unless they tried fixing the issues and didn't mention the fixes on the release notes, there's nothing fixed on the 4.2.21.
I haven't seen one thread on this forum complaining about map layout issues. What was that issue about??
2018-7-16
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

Correction Asainz - there are well documented issues where the lower left map gets shifted to the lower right, leaving an empty box to the lower left.  Certainly, prior to 4.2.16, this was a irritation, but if you adjusted the Display settings, you could often correct this.  It was a reported issue that they evidently finally got to, but unfortunately, they integrated this fix on top of the fatally flawed 4.2.20, which pretty much renders any changes in 4.2.21 irrelevant.  Who cares if the map is finally in the right place, if you can't see anything on the App in the first place?  Some DJI rep monitoring this forum needs to grab the Android Go 4 app developer team IMMEDIATELY, and get them focused on this Video Transmission issue NOW!  Work on anything else at this point is a total waste of time.  
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Asainz320 Posted at 2018-7-16 07:41
Hi DJI Wanda,

Why is my mobile device relevant to my question? The device I own is not going to change the fact that DJI has completely ignored the cries of the forum members. Unless they tried fixing the issues and didn't mention the fixes on the release notes, there's nothing fixed on the 4.2.21.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We will forward this to our engineers. We will keep you updated.
2018-7-16
Use props
SquidInk43
lvl.1
United States

Has the list of compatible devices changed since the new update?
2018-7-16
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

SquidInk43 Posted at 2018-7-16 08:43
Has the list of compatible devices changed since the new update?

Good luck with this request.  With 4.2.20/4.2.21 there a good chance that only the highest level flagships can render correctly. That and the CrystalSky's, once you over look all of those bugs.
2018-7-16
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MrArcher Posted at 2018-7-16 08:10
Correction Asainz - there are well documented issues where the lower left map gets shifted to the lower right, leaving an empty box to the lower left.  Certainly, prior to 4.2.16, this was a irritation, but if you adjusted the Display settings, you could often correct this.  It was a reported issue that they evidently finally got to, but unfortunately, they integrated this fix on top of the fatally flawed 4.2.20, which pretty much renders any changes in 4.2.21 irrelevant.  Who cares if the map is finally in the right place, if you can't see anything on the App in the first place?  Some DJI rep monitoring this forum needs to grab the Android Go 4 app developer team IMMEDIATELY, and get them focused on this Video Transmission issue NOW!  Work on anything else at this point is a total waste of time.

Ahh ok cool! I was unaware of that issue. It must have not been a big deal to many since I missed it. Im pretty good at following most issues here in the forums and I didn't see that one. Thanks for the info!
2018-7-16
Use props
SebaF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 589462 ft
Argentina

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-16 06:16
You can download it from the DJI website, just click on the playstore button: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

Thanks! Actually, today I woke up and the app was automatically updated at the phone...
2018-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-16 05:41
Same as 4.2.21 not much was does done to fix it. 5 Flyers in our drone club yesterday got "aircraft disconnects" on various devices from S7, to S3 Tablet, To A10.1, To Nvidia Shield, and a Note 5. My Note 8 was fine, but spec wise it outdoes them all. It's like the app needs +4g ram to work right or something.

That sounds about right , which competitor , maybe Autel, their app still in beta and tilted horizon fix still in beta only for the chosen few.
2018-7-17
Use props
Yachtsman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 605466 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-16 07:20
Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Please let us know if you have any issues with the new version once you tested it so that we can help you out.

In had my first disconnect today

The remote still stayed connected so flew back and landed
unplugging and re connecting the remote from phone made no difference
rebooting phone made no difference
only re booting RC reestablished connection.

has go become bloatware, perhaps a different version for each type of drone should be done

using a samsung s8

restarted in "aircraft mode " in an area with few wifi signals
2018-7-17
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

Yachtsman Posted at 2018-7-17 09:37
In had my first disconnect today

The remote still stayed connected so flew back and landed

Many flyers have come to the conclusion that the app is too big. Now that some guys with Mini4's are getting chopped video blocks from time to time, the app is possibly too big for that device as well.

Can't say for certain, but it has been very frustrating since the Mavic Air was added. Some say before that. All I know is that since after 4.2.16 it has failed a ton of devices. Now, with the frequent reports of "aircraft disconnected" issues, few answers from official reps, and only being given an old list of supported devices when app issues arise, a good many have given up on the brand and are looking elsewhere.

Disconnects are the most dangerous. MP does not auto RTH on an app shut down. Only if the RC shuts down. Most times the RC and MP are fine. MP simply hovers and waits for user to hit the sticks, or RTH. If they don't have enough battery or are out too far, MP will just land. Then we get "help me find my drone" which is hard to do if the app crashed and they pushed the sticks after freaking out.

Inexperienced flyers I have seen freak the **** out when that happens. Many of late. "I can't see the video!! OMG" so we step in for flyers on the RC fields and help them get their baby back. It's a good lesson to learn to fly blind and on telemetry, but that is the last thing people want to do with their $1000 drone. many have failed RTH because they don't press the button long enough to start the process. Many forget about the RTH on the controller. Happens when you are used to an App working all the time and that visual feedback, maps, and directional indicator mean a ton to people.
2018-7-17
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-17 08:39
That sounds about right , which competitor , maybe Autel, their app still in beta and tilted horizon fix still in beta only for the chosen few.

Which competitor?  There is another one,  Wakera Vitus  
2018-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

alexmbraMav Posted at 2018-7-17 16:51
Which competitor?  There is another one,  Wakera Vitus  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1pBGcsWTgk

I take it this is a joke , I’d say dji where sh#tting themselves when they seen this one.
2018-7-17
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I flew my Spark and Mavic Pro and they both flew well and the range seemed better.
2018-7-17
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-17 16:59
I take it this is a joke , I’d say dji where sh#tting themselves when they seen this one.

Not a joke. I posted an old video. Competitors also have bugs and problems. But I read that they released updates fixings those early problems already.
I think it is very stable now.
2018-7-17
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flew one battery yesterday on 4.2.21 on my Huawei Ascend XT2....it was flawless.   I even exited the app and reentered a couple of times with no hiccups.  The wide range of experiences here is really perplexing!

LP
2018-7-17
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-7-17 17:10
I flew my Spark and Mavic Pro and they both flew well and the range seemed better.

Which phone are you using   ?
2018-7-17
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

LeafPeeper Posted at 2018-7-17 17:31
Flew one battery yesterday on 4.2.21 on my Huawei Ascend XT2....it was flawless.   I even exited the app and reentered a couple of times with no hiccups.  The wide range of experiences here is really perplexing!

LP

True. There's a mix of working and non working devices.  Seems a lot of devices with higher power cpu, and more than 3G ram are handling the Go4 app somewhat better. My Note 8 is fine, but even better on 4.2.14. On 4.2.21 I had noticeable latency. Not so much on 4.2.14

On my Tab S3 820 I was able to fly no problems with FW update 0400 and 4.2.14 until the second round of battery when I had the app just crash entirely and go to "aircraft disconnected"

Mavic Pro was still fine with RC and flashing normal green led. I had to land, restart everything for the app to connect. Flew again. About 16 minutes in "aircraft disconnected", brought it back. Went out with the mini 4 this time. Good good...then oh no!!  blocks of black bars and oh wait app crashed. I had not downgraded the iOS app yet.

I am an experienced flyer so with only a few minutes left of flight time (batt at 32%), I was able to regain orientation, get the craft back. Most people, especially those that are app dependent, freak out at this point. They don't realize the MP and RC are still connected. All they know is it says "Aircraft Disconnected" they panic, and if the battery level for RTH is not enough, the MP may land right where it is. My batt is set to warn at 30%. I know some guys set it lower, and the emergency return is when batt is at 10% for some. Flirtin with disaster right there.

After a couple of these issues, I recalled I never had that problem on any device with the previous firmware. Changed it out back to .0200 as many had recommended. It was fine with the Note 8, S3, and my mini 4.

One thing I noticed is mine had the aircraft disconnect when I flew hard in sport mode, and did a fast yaw. I noticed the app flicker then a sec or two later app dies. Was going to try that test with the Note 8 but it was getting dark. I'll try that next.

This was created from another forum MP user. Might help some people to change settings in their devices and see what gives. The app is robust but too big. Takes every bit of resources to run. DJI should reduce the app size by condensing them into 2 apps. All the problems developed after the Spark and Air were added. Not as bad with Spark, but after the Air, problems and more problems.
2018-7-17
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

Try this link for the device setup and workarounds:

2018-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

alexmbraMav Posted at 2018-7-17 17:16
Not a joke. I posted an old video. Competitors also have bugs and problems. But I read that they released updates fixings those early problems already.
I think it is very stable now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9gG4zuPxkg

That’s not a test, ok it can fly straight for 100 metres, don’t believe anyone is going to give up their spark, MavAir, Mavic Pro, or phantom. Lovely beach though. ;+)....
2018-7-18
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-18 03:37
That’s not a test, ok it can fly straight for 100 metres, don’t believe anyone is going to give up their spark, MavAir, Mavic Pro, or phantom. Lovely beach though. ;+)....

Well, compare that video with this one here:

Looking at both videos, which one would you say is working better?
2018-7-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

alexmbraMav Posted at 2018-7-18 05:24
Well, compare that video with this one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kjkyhi0goM

Looking at both videos, which one would you say is working better?

I’d say compare with this one, if you don’t like Mavic , then just buy that drone, it’s a free world.

2018-7-18
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

Well, that is when it is working.   If you ask to several people here on this forum and on other foruns, they used to have this that you are showing, but not anymore.  So, for most people, or you buy the greatest phone ever, or you can not use the new features and bug fixes.   And probably, if your drone crashes, and you don't have the updates fixing some problems, DJI will tell it is your fault for not updating it.
2018-7-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Kingram Posted at 2018-7-17 17:54
Which phone are you using   ?

I use the Samsung Galaxy S7 (not edge). It has 4 GB RAM, Snapdragon 820, 32 GB internal memory that I expanded with a Samsung 128 GB Micro SD card and save all my videos to.

I like the S7 since it's the last Samsung S phone to have a physical home button. The S8 and S9 both use a virtual home button but offer the same 4 GB RAM as the S7. I find using a physical home button on the DJI GO 4 App preferable, especially when the application can cause a freeze screen to even the virtual home button, whereby powering off the device is the only option. Instead that's why physical home buttons are best.
2018-7-18
Use props
Cineasta83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55738 ft
Argentina

SebaF Posted at 2018-7-16 05:49

Hoy a la mañana se actualizó la versión. Será un problema o una solución?
2018-7-19
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-17 08:39
That sounds about right , which competitor , maybe Autel, their app still in beta and tilted horizon fix still in beta only for the chosen few.

Another competitor, Anafi Parrot. Better price with almost all features of a Mavic PRO.

https://www.parrot.com/pt/en/drones/anafi#picto-line-3
2018-7-19
Use props
Tridiver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4459344 ft
  • >>>

I guess I'm lucky.  I'm having no issues!  Using Samsung S2 with my spark and MPP
2018-7-20
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

LeafPeeper Posted at 2018-7-17 17:31
Flew one battery yesterday on 4.2.21 on my Huawei Ascend XT2....it was flawless.   I even exited the app and reentered a couple of times with no hiccups.  The wide range of experiences here is really perplexing!

LP

Same here.  Flew with both a Spark and a Mavic Pro. Both still and video images looked fine and all settings on the remote (particularly C1 & C2 on the MP) worked as expected.
2018-7-20
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-17 21:19
Try this link for the device setup and workarounds:

Thanks so much for this video!!  My XT2 is dedicated to Go4 and Litchi.  I'm a 'novice' with android devices so it was helpful to get to the meat of the settings.  FWIW, I changed the YouTube settings to S L O W - S P E E D so I could follow all the steps... really helps.  Also, I watched it on YouTube and he lists the various settings in the notes.
2018-7-20
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4

Another thing is to look at the power options in the device settings.  Disable memory or battery saving optimization for DJI Go4 app. Clear out older cache files if you have any.
2018-7-20
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Have to say, that beach video is smooth, clear, no noise and excellent image and video quality, compared to the other video. Crisp and sharp, without that noisy jumping pixels you get in the darker areas of the Mavic.  Not choosing one above the other, but just my opinion on this specific videos.
2018-7-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules