Land again after 5.30
1426 16 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eliasson69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126824 ft
Latvia

Today was windy, būt i fly. And again it start landing after 5 And half minute Flight. I start to think about some  kind of owerheating. Last forced landing starts about saime Tome.
2018-7-16
Use props
eliasson69
lvl.4
Latvia

F spelling it try write latvian. Hope its possibe to read my msg
2018-7-16
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Upload your flight record here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and share the link with us.

Mirek
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for having troubles that day. May we know the current version of the aircraft's and remote's firmware? Thank you. We're here to help.
2018-7-16
Use props
eliasson69
lvl.4
Latvia

flight recordhttp://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/4OSK1I06Z0MA07LWLX9O/
2018-7-16
Use props
eliasson69
lvl.4
Latvia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-16 05:18
Hi, Thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for having troubles that day. May we know the current version of the aircraft's and remote's firmware? Thank you. We're here to help.

http://Where i can read  it?
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, do you have already the DJI Assistant 2 downloaded on your PC or Mac?  Once you've downloaded the tool just hardwire the aircraft and the screen will give you the firmware version you are currently in.
2018-7-16
Use props
eliasson69
lvl.4
Latvia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-16 06:25
Hi, do you have already the DJI Assistant 2 downloaded on your PC or Mac?  Once you've downloaded the tool just hardwire the aircraft and the screen will give you the firmware version you are currently in.

There I see  looks like aircraft info, like  v01.00.0900   date 2017-12-21
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

eliasson69 Posted at 2018-7-16 07:19
There I see  looks like aircraft info, like  v01.00.0900   date 2017-12-21

Hi, thank you for your fast reply. It looks like you will be having another firmware update. But currently the new Spark firmware was originally expected to be released recently, however, to ensure that we provide a good user experience, we are still testing the software, so the release will be slightly delayed. The new firmware will be released in the near future. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2018-7-16
Use props
eliasson69
lvl.4
Latvia

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-7-16 05:13
Upload your flight record here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and share the link with us.

Mirek

I upload and share. Yesteray starts new problems.
2018-7-16
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Canada

eliasson69 Posted at 2018-7-16 21:11
I upload and share. Yesteray starts new problems.

Eliasson,

I will be brief since your log does not show anything too extreme.
I do not see any signs of overheating but I do see signs of possible issues with compass and/or IMU calibration.
When it is windy issues with calibration tend to get exacerbated  and, often, to prevent catastrophic problems, Spark would drop to ATTI.
In your case it did not, but it started to lower its altitude (without any input from your sticks) and did forced landing.
This would be correct behaviour since the Spark was so close to the home point (few metres).
However, I do speculate here because your case is different than cases I have analyzed so far. In all cases which I analyzed, when compass and IMU get confused Spark would enter ATTI mode. But I have not yet seen the case where Spark was so close to the home point when safety procedures kicked in. As I said, I would consider such design correct and my bet is that this is what actually happened here.

I would suggest that you calibrate compass and IMU and try again. Watch the calibration videos very closely and follow all the instructions. It is extremely important to do it correctly – otherwise it may worsen the situation instead of helping.  I will not repeat the procedures here – search for them on this forum. I will just say something which is usually omitted form calibration procedures – when calibrating compass turn your Spark very slowly. Do not rush.

After re-calibrating try to fly and see if the problems re-appear. If they don’t – problem solved. If the do reappear:
  • Reset Spark to factory defaults – using DJI Assistant2
  • Reinstall newest firmware
  • Re-calibrate compass and IMU again
  • Do some test flights

If this fixes the problem – good. If not, open the case with DJI Support because your Spark may be faulty.

Mirek
2018-7-17
Use props
eliasson69
lvl.4
Latvia

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-7-17 07:12
Eliasson,

I will be brief since your log does not show anything too extreme.

Thanks for your time and advice!  Yesterday was even more  funny, spark start jump like frog. I find video with same type problem.  I start to think, it can be RC some connection problem. Change drone to virtual RC from phone and then pair again to drone. First test flight was perfect. Fly low just in case, but fly all 12 minutes without problems.  Start to be optimistic.
2018-7-17
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Canada

eliasson69 Posted at 2018-7-17 10:53
Thanks for your time and advice!  Yesterday was even more  funny, spark start jump like frog. I find video with same type problem.  I start to think, it can be RC some connection problem. Change drone to virtual RC from phone and then pair again to drone. First test flight was perfect. Fly low just in case, but fly all 12 minutes without problems.  Start to be optimistic.

Eliasson,

Hate to burst your bubble - don't be optimistic :-).
This is not RC or mobile problem. BTW - it is always better to fly with RC than mobile. Safer and much bigger range.

Try the steps I described in the post above.

Mirek
2018-7-17
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Mirek6

You missed the speed error at 00:05:19
That initiated the forced landing.

I wouldn't play around - turn it in for service eliasson6

Can you recall which high wind message you were getting?
The "touch to dismiss" box or the yellow banner across the top?
If it was the yellow banner you should have landed.

I think you may have overheated due to the wind.

2018-7-17
Use props
eliasson69
lvl.4
Latvia

pmshop Posted at 2018-7-17 11:15
@Mirek6

You missed the speed error at 00:05:19

I do not remember the warnings. Maybe look at drone, at this time I descent already.   
Your recommendation is not fly in strong wind?  
Yesterday i make test flight, fly all battery almost, everything looks ok.  Drone was not hot, but warm, something between.
2018-7-17
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

eliasson69 Posted at 2018-7-17 20:56
I do not remember the warnings. Maybe look at drone, at this time I descent already.   
Your recommendation is not fly in strong wind?  
Yesterday i make test flight, fly all battery almost, everything looks ok.  Drone was not hot, but warm, something between.

I would not recommend to fly in strong wind until you get the feel for it.
I fly in strong wind but I know where the limits of the Spark.
Flight logs show the winds were just above those limits.

If I remember correctly, you get a touch to dismiss notification at 13m/s and the yellow banner across the top when it is 22m/s.
I have a feeling you may have been right at the limit where a Spark could be blown away - 35m/s - it was putting up an extended fight and overheated.

Remember, what may be 10m/s on the ground could be 40m/s 30m up.
2018-7-18
Use props
eliasson69
lvl.4
Latvia

pmshop Posted at 2018-7-18 01:45
I would not recommend to fly in strong wind until you get the feel for it.
I fly in strong wind but I know where the limits of the Spark.
Flight logs show the winds were just above those limits.

I use UAV forecast, I saw that wind was stronger specialy in gusts. Try fly as safe is possible.
Thanks for help!
2018-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules