1985 18 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SCoutts
First Officer
Flight distance : 1922434 ft
  • >>>
Canada

A bare Spark is a very small, capable drone but adding a few basic accessories can help you get more out of it and enhance the experience.

There are so many accessories available for the Spark. Everything from landing gear, to colourful skins, ND filters and lens hoods. The options are seemingly endless. I have whittled it down to the five core accessories that have become an essential part of my kit. I use these accessories all the time and most them come with me on every Spark Adventure.

I am curious too as to what you guys consider to be "essential" Spark accessories.

2018-7-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good selection      
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi, Thank you for this video information about the DJI Spark accessories. All of those accessories are essential for the DJI Spark. Just a reminder when purchasing DJI accessories for your Drone please purchase the original one from DJI for compatibility and reliability purposes.
2018-7-16
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

I read things like "must have" and "essential", allow me to disagree.
I don't consider extra batteries accessories, they're just extra batteries. Neither the RC.
The Anker power banks (great company by the way) are more of an accessory for your phone/tablet, rather than for the Spark itself, considering you already have 5 batteries. Do they allow you to charge a battery individually, bypassing the AC? I mean, can you still fly the Spark while a battery is being charged by the power bank?
Also, a fully charged RC will work for more than 5 batteries.
The skin would make sense for an Alpine white if the Spark would be ok to fly in temperatures bellow 0.

And to answer your question, I consider the gimbal protection, the RC protection and a hard case that fits all (Spark, batteries, RC) to be essential.
2018-7-16
Use props
SPARKOLITO
lvl.2
United States

Always usefull!!
2018-7-16
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Portable Charging Station, OTG, Extra Propellers. I carry a Bag full of Accessories.
2018-7-16
Use props
N2QLT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29229 ft
United States

A small flask of whiskey, in case you lose your Spark.
2018-7-16
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

N2QLT Posted at 2018-7-16 11:15
A small flask of whiskey, in case you lose your Spark.

Hahaha!! I think that "accessory" should be in every drone owner's kit. ;-)
2018-7-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I bought a few addons for my MP, never used any so far.
2018-7-16
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Antipaxi Posted at 2018-7-16 08:30
I read things like "must have" and "essential", allow me to disagree.
I don't consider extra batteries accessories, they're just extra batteries. Neither the RC.
The Anker power banks (great company by the way) are more of an accessory for your phone/tablet, rather than for the Spark itself, considering you already have 5 batteries. Do they allow you to charge a battery individually, bypassing the AC? I mean, can you still fly the Spark while a battery is being charged by the power bank?

It's good to have differing opinions and to see what others consider "essential".

I did a lot of flying in the cold, Alberta, Canada winter and the skin, I felt, was essential for visibility in the snow and ice because, yeah, I have a white Spark.

On longer hikes, I will use the Anker battery to charge my iPhone and my Spark battery in between flights. The remote does indeed outlast them all. It's slow going but it's gotten me an extra flight after exhausting all 5 batteries and always wanting one more shot.

I think RC protection is probably next for me.
2018-7-16
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-16 10:50
Portable Charging Station, OTG, Extra Propellers. I carry a Bag full of Accessories.

Good ones. OTG is with me only part of the time, although I am starting to use it more. It's funny, I never thought of extra props although I always have them with me. I guess it didn't dawn on me because I never "used" them yet.
2018-7-16
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

SCoutts Posted at 2018-7-16 12:29
Good ones. OTG is with me only part of the time, although I am starting to use it more. It's funny, I never thought of extra props although I always have them with me. I guess it didn't dawn on me because I never "used" them yet.

Thank God you never used the Extra Props, Buddy !

Also the Most Important Things are - Helipad + Floating Kit (Jablo Balls).

When you need more Ideas let me know Buddy !
2018-7-16
Use props
gezzer300
First Officer
Flight distance : 697851 ft

SCoutts Posted at 2018-7-16 11:17
Hahaha!! I think that "accessory" should be in every drone owner's kit. ;-)

DUI...   Droning Under the Influnce Kinda like beer myself.
2018-7-16
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Almost weekly I read about someone losing a battery in flight so one of my essential accessories is a battery guard...only takes less than 5 seconds to put on, but gives me a lot of piece of mind...particularly since I have two old style batteries with the smaller clips.  Also, with the number of fly aways that occur, I have a set of prop guards that I install whenever I'm flying near (not over or next to) people just in case Sparky takes off on his own and heads towards the crowd (I also increased my liability insurance from $300,000 to $1,000,000 and it only costs me an extra $.50 per month).  
2018-7-16
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

SCoutts Posted at 2018-7-16 12:28
It's good to have differing opinions and to see what others consider "essential".

I did a lot of flying in the cold, Alberta, Canada winter and the skin, I felt, was essential for visibility in the snow and ice because, yeah, I have a white Spark.

It makes sense in this particular situation.
2018-7-17
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

Nice sharing
2018-7-17
Use props
R503B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14672 ft

Great selection thanks for the post.
2018-7-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

nice sharing!
2018-7-18
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-7-16 14:24
Almost weekly I read about someone losing a battery in flight so one of my essential accessories is a battery guard...only takes less than 5 seconds to put on, but gives me a lot of piece of mind...particularly since I have two old style batteries with the smaller clips.  Also, with the number of fly aways that occur, I have a set of prop guards that I install whenever I'm flying near (not over or next to) people just in case Sparky takes off on his own and heads towards the crowd (I also increased my liability insurance from $300,000 to $1,000,000 and it only costs me an extra $.50 per month).

Good info, thanks for sharing!
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules