740 5 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcustuck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 147146 ft
Honduras

Hi,

Here is an observation of DJI GO 4 version 4.2.21 on Huawei Mate 9 with Android 8.

My Mavic Pro and Remote Control are loaded with firmware V01.04.400.

I have "USB debugging" enabled, I have always had to have this selected to get the app working correctly.

With the Mavic on and connected to the remote control (it is flyable) the DJI GO 4 app opens and the USB pop up screen appears and I select "Transfer files".  In the app "RC connected" then changes to "disconnected".

I then have to deselect "USB debugging" and then the app connects and is usable.

Should we now operate with "USB debugging" not selected at all?  What are others experiences with GO 4.2.21 on Android 8?

2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for having issues with your mobile device. Unfortunately, Huawei Mate 9 is not fully compatible to run the DJI Go 4 app. I will be posting a list of fully compatible devices below. Thank you.

2018-7-16
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Why does app version 4.2.16 or earlier work then? Something changed after that and has created this video transmission problem on a flagship drone that for almost 2 years was flawless on many iOS and Android devices. Now even the Mini4's on iOS are choking on Go4.

If you need 4.2.16 it's in this link from DJI rep at post #4:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-156579-1-1.html
2018-7-16
Use props
Marcustuck
lvl.3
Honduras

I bought the Huawei Mate 9 because it was on the list.  As I understand it the Ascent Mate 9 is the same as the Huawei Mate 9.  It's worked very well until this release of GO4.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Marcustuck Posted at 2018-7-16 14:55
I bought the Huawei Mate 9 because it was on the list.  As I understand it the Ascent Mate 9 is the same as the Huawei Mate 9.  It's worked very well until this release of GO4.

Sorry for that, have you tried to use the other USB port on your remote controller? please ensure that the other cable on the left side is fully disconnected if ever you're going to use the other USB port.
2018-7-16
Use props
Marcustuck
lvl.3
Honduras

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-16 15:19
Sorry for that, have you tried to use the other USB port on your remote controller? please ensure that the other cable on the left side is fully disconnected if ever you're going to use the other USB port.

Not tried that yet, thanks for the tip.  I can get around the issue by turning off usb debugging.
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules