Lost gimbal control, battery info and GPS Info in the DJI App
2440 10 2014-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tjchickos
New

United States

I'm having an issue with my phantom 2 vision+. In the DJI app I'm have suddenly lost three features. The app will not display how many GPS satellites I am connected to ( It's still connecting to GPS and holding a lock it just wont display it on the phone) It also won't show how much battery is remaining and last and probably most important is that i can no longer control my gimbal. I'm still able to see in real time everything that the camera is seeing and i'm also able to snap photos and record video. however if i go into my albums it will not pull up the photos being stored on the SD card with out actually plugging it in to the computer.

This issue seems to have began after my Phantom took a small crash. It's making me wonder if something may have been knocked loose but i'm not sure what I'd be looking for. if anyone has any ideas that'd be fantastic.

I feel like the strangest part to me is that I'm still able to get live video but that's the only part of the app that seems to be working correctly.

2014-11-2
Use props
DJI-steve
lvl.2

China

something must be wrong with the central plate, you'd better sent it back to Maintenance Department of DJI for a fix.
2014-11-4
Use props
tjchickos
New

United States

DJI-steve Posted at 2014-11-4 19:41
something must be wrong with the central plate, you'd better sent it back to Maintenance Department  ...

Not something that's just knocked loose then huh?
2014-11-4
Use props
DJI-steve
lvl.2

China

tjchickos@gmail Posted at 2014-11-5 09:55
Not something that's just knocked loose then huh?

You'd better sent it back for a check, from your description, we couldn't confirm what's the problem.
2014-11-5
Use props
j.blankvoort
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI-steve Posted at 2014-11-6 11:38
You'd better sent it back for a check, from your description, we couldn't confirm what's the probl ...

I seem to have exactly the same issue, also after a small crash.
Camera light on the gimbal is working normally (blinking when wifi is connected).
I (carefully) opened the cover to check for loose connectors, but didn't see any.

Additionally:
(but that was already before the small crash):
Connection between the Phantom and the remote often gets lost.
Even when flying close by, at about 10- 20 meter, sometimes the yellow light on the phantom start blinking, and then it is returning home.
So not when the Phantom is far away, but also sometimes when trying to power up (meaning I am only 2 mtrs away).
This issue seems to be getting worse...

I just have it for a few weeks, was quite happy with it....
2014-11-8
Use props
DJI-steve
lvl.2

China

j.blankvoort@kp Posted at 2014-11-8 20:22
I seem to have exactly the same issue, also after a small crash.
Camera light on the gimbal is wor ...

1.when the yellow light on the phantom start blinking, it's the (non-GPS)mode,and the phantom will return home(the first time your phantom LED  turn from yellow to green or you set the home point yourself)
2 I sugest that every time you fly, compass calibration is needed. Especially when your aircraft gets a small crash. Because the mechanical structure of the aircraft maybe changed.

you can try that again and figure it out whether it is the problem or not. Good luck!
2014-11-11
Use props
DJI-steve
lvl.2

China

DJI-steve Posted at 2014-11-12 11:11
1.when the yellow light on the phantom start blinking, it's the (non-GPS)mode,and the phantom will ...

If the problem haven't solved, you'd better return your aircraft to factory maintenance!
2014-11-11
Use props
bretttan
New

Australia

Has this problem been fixed.   I have the identical issues which happened yesterday.
2015-1-22
Use props
jacobleomoore
New

Australia

Finally I've found my issue! My vision plus is suffering from exactly these same issues!

Can anybody please help me?
2015-4-27
Use props
j.blankvoort.kp
lvl.1

Netherlands

jacobleomoore@g Posted at 2015-4-27 21:53
Finally I've found my issue! My vision plus is suffering from exactly these same issues!

Can anybod ...

In my situation the flat cable between the gimbal and main-board was not 100%.
I replaced the flat cable  (spare-part nr. 8, cable pack)

This solved the problem.
Until after a few months the drone suddenly crashed after flipping over in open air at about 150 mtr hight..

2015-5-9
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

This has happened to me before, and it turned out to be an improperly seated/unplugged cable going to the gimbal platform.  On the starboard side, it is the cable with four wires.  Make sure it is properly seated and did not come unplugged, as you will not get telemetry on the Vision App otherwise.
2015-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules