11562 10 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Majestikkal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34298 ft
United States

Hi guys,

Hopefully you guys can teel me what's going on...  I have been trying for the last few hours to figure out where the Active Track/Follow Me feature is on the DJI App on my iPhone 6 Plus.
I can fly the drone, I can see all kinds of options, but I cannot find the Active Track / Follow Me.  I used it once, and it was on the left side of the screen after starting the app on my iPhone, then I would hit " Enter Device > "  The HUD / Screen would display, and I could see it on the left side next to teh TAKEOFF and Return-To-Home buttons.  BUT now it's not there.

Did you guys do away with this feature, or is there a setting that I might have pushed that I am not seeing?  Did the latest firmware update delete this feature?  

Any response to this would be greatly appreciated.

Disappointed.

2018-7-16
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

First you need to ensure you are not in sports mode.  My thinking is that is why you do not see the third icon below land and rth.  You will see the flight mode button on the bottom left.  Once you select that you will see all of the intelligent flight modes including active track.  Make sure the right toggle switch is in the down position to not be in sports mode.
2018-7-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also active track and follow me are two separate flight modes. Active track uses the camera to track a highlighted subject whereas follow me creates a tether to the GPS module within your device - so if you're using a wifi only device follow me will not work but active track will. Both are located within the intelligent flight mode options. You need to have sport mode switched off, not be in beginner mode and ensure multiple flight modes are engaged within the app. Active track is also dependent on sufficient lighting conditions and the subject being easily recognisable from the surroundings.
2018-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Think sparksbird is correct here, if your button is switched to sport, no remote icon showing, just switch back to normal P mode remote icon will appear, click on it you will then have menu for Auto modes.
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, like SparksBird mention, ensure that the aircraft is not on the sports mode and for additional information, please ensure that everything is properly connected then I would suggest taking off and ensure that the aircraft is flying at least 4.5 ft above the ground and check if there will be an icon for you to access the intelligent flight mode. Thank you.
2018-7-17
Use props
Majestikkal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34298 ft

***Update*** Well, thank you guys for letting me know that I was in Sports Mode.  I had no idea that switching to that mode would remove the ICON in the Main screen.  I appreciate your help.
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Majestikkal Posted at 2018-7-17 23:58
***Update*** Well, thank you guys for letting me know that I was in Sports Mode.  I had no idea that switching to that mode would remove the ICON in the Main screen.  I appreciate your help.

Glad to know that you were able to fix your concern. Kindly keep us posted in any case you need our assistance. Thank you and have a safe flight!
2018-7-18
Use props
omer.d
New
Flight distance : 131732 ft
Israel

Hello everyone.
I have tried several times to activate the active track and it works for me but it just looks at me and does not move.

Any response to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
2019-12-28
Use props
fans7d31aa69
New
United Kingdom

Hi all. My active track isn't working. It's not sports mode. I am on the race selection so all fine but where you select the distance from subject it appears then disappears. So can't get it to follow. Everything wise works great.

Baffled
2020-5-12
Use props
Uri
lvl.1

Israel

fans7d31aa69 Posted at 5-12 00:34
Hi all. My active track isn't working. It's not sports mode. I am on the race selection so all fine but where you select the distance from subject it appears then disappears. So can't get it to follow. Everything wise works great.

Baffled

Did you solve your problem?
I have the same issue.

I choose Active Track. Select the object to folllow. The green selection apperas, after 1-2 seconds simply disappears.
2020-7-7
Use props
djiuser_0hogaeCzgQrD
New

United States

How do you know if you are in beginner mode?
2020-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules