DJI blocking help videos
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans20e467f6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49452 ft
United States

My camera didn’t run startup sequence due to pin connector falling off board inside the the gimbal mount. After ordering a replacement I wanted to see if any information was available to help with install. Apparently dJI only has one 3 minute video of useless footage in regards to any kind of dyi videos for people that don’t want to send it in just to get a refurbished unit sent back. I’ve been a faithful customer owing every release since the p2 but the intentional blocking of consumer help is unacceptable. I just saw a post with support telling a guy to send his I2 in because his camera was acting funny on startup. He posted a video showing he had the gimbal sideways. WHERE IS THE ACTUAL HELP SUPPORT?,!
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you provide a sample picture of the part you want to install with the unit?
2018-7-17
Use props
fans20e467f6
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-17 02:33
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you provide a sample picture of the part you want to install with the unit?

Part #23  dampening board plug broke of circuit board.

It has already been ordered

Curious why there is only one video available on internet over a year old in regards to  part replacement when every other model has many?
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans20e467f6 Posted at 2018-7-17 12:56
Part #23  dampening board plug broke of circuit board.

It has already been ordered

Do you have a sample picture of it?

The reason why is because we do not suggest customer to this that by themselves because it may cause to void the warranty or malfunction to the unit.
2018-7-18
Use props
fans20e467f6
lvl.1
United States

2018-7-18
Use props
fans20e467f6
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-18 01:23
Do you have a sample picture of it?

The reason why is because we do not suggest customer to this that by themselves because it may cause to void the warranty or malfunction to the unit.

DJI rarely honors warranty claims and refresh would require me to send in the entire unit and replace it with a refurbished product. I’ve been in groups for years now and know how that works. Can you say if I’m not correct in this assumption?
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans20e467f6 Posted at 2018-7-18 08:53
DJI rarely honors warranty claims and refresh would require me to send in the entire unit and replace it with a refurbished product. I’ve been in groups for years now and know how that works. Can you say if I’m not correct in this assumption?

Well, honestly speaking sir, it would really depend on our engineers if the damage happened was under warranty or not. We cannot really say that DJI rarely honors the warranty claim. In regards to the service plan, which is the DJI Care refresh. It is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI product even if it's a user error. You’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. For Inspire 2, we do not require to send the entire unit since the DJI care refresh only covers the aircraft and propellers.
2018-7-18
Use props
fans20e467f6
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-18 09:14
Well, honestly speaking sir, it would really depend on our engineers if the damage happened was under warranty or not. We cannot really say that DJI rarely honors the warranty claim. In regards to the service plan, which is the DJI Care refresh. It is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI product even if it's a user error. You’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. For Inspire 2, we do not require to send the entire unit since the DJI care refresh only covers the aircraft and propellers.

Copy that. So neither warranty or fresh care would have helped in my case since I have no way of proving the damage was not caused by defect.  No way of knowing things like the camera mount not being lined up with gimbal connector was abnormal since it would be unaligned at times so I just lined it back up. Since it did that since it was new and on a newly released product I did not realize there was an issue inside the housing until the gimbal didn’t run its startup.  
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans20e467f6 Posted at 2018-7-18 09:30
Copy that. So neither warranty or fresh care would have helped in my case since I have no way of proving the damage was not caused by defect.  No way of knowing things like the camera mount not being lined up with gimbal connector was abnormal since it would be unaligned at times so I just lined it back up. Since it did that since it was new and on a newly released product I did not realize there was an issue inside the housing until the gimbal didn’t run its startup.

I understand. You can seek help in one of our recommended repair centers if that's the case. You can check some nearest centers on your place by checking on this link: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2018-7-18
Use props
fans20e467f6
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-18 09:38
I understand. You can seek help in one of our recommended repair centers if that's the case. You can check some nearest centers on your place by checking on this link: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

I already have it ordered just need the new board to plug into. Maybe I should make a video since there is so little info on I2 repair available.
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans20e467f6 Posted at 2018-7-18 09:43
I already have it ordered just need the new board to plug into. Maybe I should make a video since there is so little info on I2 repair available.

Alright. Please let us know if you need anything.
2018-7-18
Use props
fans20e467f6
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-18 09:50
Alright. Please let us know if you need anything.

Wanda, There were no issues in replacing dampening board. I ran startup afterwards with no errors but got firmware update notification. Installed successfully and now I’m getting esc error 3 and motor is beeping. They were fine prior to update as I tested everything prior to replacing dampening board which is unrelated to a motor error. It hasn’t left my table since the motors were last tester. Thoughts?
2018-7-22
Use props
fans20e467f6
lvl.1
United States

fans20e467f6 Posted at 2018-7-22 11:35
Wanda, There were no issues in replacing dampening board. I ran startup afterwards with no errors but got firmware update notification. Installed successfully and now I’m getting esc error 3 and motor is beeping. They were fine prior to update as I tested everything prior to replacing dampening board which is unrelated to a motor error. It hasn’t left my table since the motors were last tester. Thoughts?

It working now. Updated CS monitor due to flickering and all systems check out. I’m Leary to put it in the air so wanted to make dji aware of issues in case firmware brings me down
2018-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules