Compass calibration issues and crash
968 15 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captain Biggles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210299 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px]48 hrs into my Mavic Pro ownership and my maiden flight has ended in disaster.
I've been reading up for days about setting the Pro up and so am well aware about updating to the latest firmware, waiting for sufficient GPS satellites, calibrating the IMU and compass etc.

The compass proved very difficult however, despite f[size=14.6667px]ollowing the calibration instructions, for ages, in multiple locations. [size=14.6667px]I'd just updated to the latest firmware, and even checked the compass interference screen which showed both compasses as "good" with v low readings in green. E[size=14.6667px]ventually after much turning and arm waving it told me it was calibrated and 'READY TO FLY' was showing on the RC screen.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]I took off for maiden flight, and after initially rising a metre or so in the air it then banked heavily with no control, hit the ground hard and I now have a broken gimbal flexi and dented body.

[size=14.6667px]Want to cry.

[size=14.6667px]Livid isn't the word.

[size=14.6667px]Can anyone help please? I bought it at the Apple store in Seattle but am about to fly home to the UK.

2018-7-16
Use props
TX99517
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274649 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm a newby as well, but you need to up load the flight log so others here can look.  They will be able to give you an idea.  
2018-7-16
Use props
TX99517
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here is where you upload to so others can read it:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-7-16
Use props
Captain Biggles
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the prompt response - much appreciated. I can see the flight log on my phone via the DJI app, how do I export it here though?
2018-7-16
Use props
Captain Biggles
lvl.1
United States

Sorry for previous post, I didn't see your link. I've not got iTunes on my work laptop though so not sure I'll be able to get the log.

I can see that the RTH point was located, and there was no stick input throughout the entire 10s flight. I also had 14 or 15 satellites the whole time
2018-7-16
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Captain Biggles Posted at 2018-7-16 20:00
Thanks for the prompt response - much appreciated. I can see the flight log on my phone via the DJI app, how do I export it here though?

This should help you out mate:

HOW TO: Retrieve DJI Phantom Flight Logs from an Apple Device

The process is done via iTunes, and is relatively straight forward.

Cheers
2018-7-16
Use props
TX99517
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Is it covered by DJI Care?  Also, contact DJI support and start a ticket.  
2018-7-16
Use props
Captain Biggles
lvl.1
United States

TX99517 Posted at 2018-7-16 20:10
Is it covered by DJI Care?  Also, contact DJI support and start a ticket.

I've not yet purchased the DJI Care package, but have clicked on "Authorise" every time the option arose. I was going to wait until getting back to the UK (where I live) to make sure I have coverage there.

Will open a ticket, but looks like they're closed until 7am tomorrow morning.
2018-7-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Without FlightLogs it is guessing as to what might have gone wrong..  Even with FlightLogs it may not be clear what went wrong.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for what happen to your aircraft. I would suggest syncing flight records using the DJI GO 4 app, please include the incident date and contact our support so that our team can figure out what happen to your drone. Kindly see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/support
2018-7-17
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Sorry to hear about this, I have one question though cause there is a difference between "READY TO FLY" and "READY TO FLY WITH GPS" hope all will work for the best.
2018-7-17
Use props
Captain Biggles
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Finally worked out how to get my flight data available. Here it is:

https://app.airdata.com/main?share=dvXfki
2018-7-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Captain Biggles Posted at 2018-7-17 14:35
Finally worked out how to get my flight data available. Here it is:

https://app.airdata.com/main?share=dvXfki

Up load logs to this link: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
The app.airdata.com lacks details.
2018-7-17
Use props
Captain Biggles
lvl.1
United States

Sadly I've not got access to iTunes currently, so unless there's another way to get that .txt file the AirData is the best I can do for now. Sorry
2018-7-17
Use props
Untio41
New

India

Repeated failure to calibrate in different locations could indicate a hardware problem. To confirm, check the compass data in the app. If you have numbers showing for compass data, that's a good sign.
If it's all zeros that indicates that the compass is busted or disconnected. telldunkin
2018-7-19
Use props
Sindhu Ja
New

Canada

we bought dji mavic pro drone when i fly for more 2500M drone not able to control due to high pressure of air can you tell me how to resolve this
2018-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules