Factory Reset to Connect to DJI Account? Re-register?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

I have a friend that purchased a Phantom 4 Professional recently and he has decided that the hobby is just not for him. I made him an offer on his P4P since it's practically brand new (only flown twice) and I am wondering if I am going to have any problems adding it to my account or whatever I need to do for it to register in my account? I will re-register the drone under my name with the FAA - If I can (haven't tried). Just wanted to make sure if I buy it I won't be flying it under his account. Maybe all I need to do is login with my DJI account when I go to fly it, not sure. Anyone know anything about this? I did search the forum, but didn't find any solid answers.
If I can reset the Phantom 4 Pro does that fix this potential issue? Can I factory reset the P4P?
2018-7-16
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You answered it yourself, just login using your own details
2018-7-16
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-16 19:55
You answered it yourself, just login using your own details

Are you sure? The following video says that once you register the aircraft initially that it cannot be changed. Does this mean if I buy a used one that when I fly it it will be his account or no? If not, what part of the initial registration can't be changed from the original purchaser?
Video:
2018-7-16
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You cannot re-register to you, but when you buy 2nd hand you just login with your own account, they say it does not show up on the forum (icon) either but mine did, go figure...

You cannot activate it once its already been activated
2018-7-16
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
United States

UPDATE: I have found some other posts in the forum with replies from people at DJI that you cannot change the original owner but everything should register under my account when flying.
Source: https://forum.dji.com/thread-118537-1-1.html
2018-7-16
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Adam Flurk Posted at 2018-7-16 20:11
UPDATE: I have found some other posts in the forum with replies from people at DJI that you cannot change the original owner but everything should register under my account when flying.
Source: https://forum.dji.com/thread-118537-1-1.html

That is correct
2018-7-16
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-16 20:11
You cannot re-register to you, but when you buy 2nd hand you just login with your own account, they say it does not show up on the forum (icon) either but mine did, go figure...

You cannot activate it once its already been activated

Very nice. Thanks for the information!
2018-7-16
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No probs
2018-7-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Adam Flurk Posted at 2018-7-16 20:13
Very nice. Thanks for the information!

Adam, congrats.

I’m proud of you for taking it off his hands...  helping a friend. ;-)

I hope your new drone brings you plenty of Happiness and Joy, with many memorable flights.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. All you need to do is to create an account using the DJI Go4 application for DJI Phantom 4 Pro and you will be able to fly it. Have a happy and safe flight.
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules