Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Hi guys,

Sorry if these have been answered elsewhere:

1) Litchi Hub: What is the checkbox "Above Ground" for, does this allow me to keep a constant height clearance from the ground below my drone instead of a constant height from the takeoff point?

2) When changing altitude from one waypoint to another, does it transition during the flight between them or does it do it at one of the waypoints? This is important when either the starting or second waypoint might be below some intervening obstacle or trees!

3) If I crash, will you give me sympathy when I post my woes on here? How about if I blame DJI for planting that 100 foot pine tree between me and my second waypoint?
2018-7-16
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

1) I think that's where you decide to have the height measurement either relative to the ground from where you started or what your actual height is.

2) It transitions smoothly. So let's say you are 10m high at waypoint 1 and waypoint 2 is 30m high. The drone will be at 20m height in the middle of the two points.

3) Made me giggle Obviously you have no warranty if you crash your drone because you did something wrong using Litchi.
2018-7-16
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

I would go with saviour on his answer 1 and 2 it only makes sense.

Now the #3 answer is going to be a canned answer like we haven't heard it before, Sorry but we don't warranty 3rd party App's. you are on your own.
2018-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

3/ your drone will be covered by warranty if aircraft malfunctions, if however litchi app causes your aircraft to malfunction then your warranty is null and void..
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we don't have any information about Litchi APP since it is not our software. We highly recommend using DJI Go 4 app for your Phantom 4 pro so that you can maximize the features and functionality of your drone. The only risk is since the apps are not supported with DJI it might void the service warranty just in any case the drone crashed. If you have another concern, please let us know. Thank you for understanding.
2018-7-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-17 14:07
Hi there, we don't have any information about Litchi APP since it is not our software. We highly recommend using DJI Go 4 app for your Phantom 4 pro so that you can maximize the features and functionality of your drone. The only risk is since the apps are not supported with DJI it might void the service warranty just in any case the drone crashed. If you have another concern, please let us know. Thank you for understanding.

If that were true, you wouldn't gimp the Waypoint functionality of the MA when using your GO 4 app, even though the MA can fully support that with ease.

So to say you maximize your features by using DJI GO 4 is completely false and misleading.
2018-7-18
Use props
Zigenbock
lvl.3
Flight distance : 189341 ft
United States

#1 Whatever height you specify, will have the drone at that height above the ground at that waypoint. I live in a very hilly area so I put a ton of waypoints in when using the “above ground”.
For example - if you set waypoint 3 at 10ft above ground and waypoint 4 at 15ft above ground, the drone will gradually go from 10ft to 15ft above ground by waypoint 4.
Be very careful that you don’t have something in between waypoint 3 and 4 that is higher than where you want the drone at by waypoint 4. This is why I usually go a little bit overboard on the waypoints....
2018-7-18
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Zigenbock Posted at 2018-7-18 13:06
#1 Whatever height you specify, will have the drone at that height above the ground at that waypoint. I live in a very hilly area so I put a ton of waypoints in when using the “above ground”.
For example - if you set waypoint 3 at 10ft above ground and waypoint 4 at 15ft above ground, the drone will gradually go from 10ft to 15ft above ground by waypoint 4.
Be very careful that you don’t have something in between waypoint 3 and 4 that is higher than where you want the drone at by waypoint 4. This is why I usually go a little bit overboard on the waypoints....

Good advice, thanks!

Have you ever used the Virtual Mission Software? You can play your mission in Google Earth in 3D (though it might depend on where you are). It seems to work really well.

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/virtual-litchi-mission.31109/
2018-7-18
Use props
Zigenbock
lvl.3
Flight distance : 189341 ft
United States

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 2018-7-18 13:12
Good advice, thanks!

Have you ever used the Virtual Mission Software? You can play your mission in Google Earth in 3D (though it might depend on where you are). It seems to work really well.

I always run the virtual mission to check what I have done - but when actually flying the mission for the first time, I have my finger on the pause button!!!
2018-7-20
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

I had the same question but, litchi doesn’t know the height above ground, it only knows the height above Takeoff point. But I’m guessing the checkbox if for if u use Google Earth Pro and the Litchi Hub to create a mission using google earth terrain data. There is a video on this under the litchi hub guide. Basically u plot your mission including terrain data in Google Earth Pro, export as a .kml file then import to litchi. Now u have terrain data and your mission will be relative to the ground.
2019-8-3
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

In this flight mode, preprogramed, why cant vision intelligently negotiate bypass up & over else side & around else hover (three alternatives)
2019-8-3
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ralphhuttonthompson Posted at 8-3 07:45
I had the same question but, litchi doesn’t know the height above ground, it only knows the height above Takeoff point. But I’m guessing the checkbox if for if u use Google Earth Pro and the Litchi Hub to create a mission using google earth terrain data. There is a video on this under the litchi hub guide. Basically u plot your mission including terrain data in Google Earth Pro, export as a .kml file then import to litchi. Now u have terrain data and your mission will be relative to the ground.

That is true. That's why you do not have the option to do that if you create the mission with the app, has to be done on the web page.
2019-8-3
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

Ralphhuttonthompson Posted at 8-3 07:45
I had the same question but, litchi doesn’t know the height above ground, it only knows the height above Takeoff point. But I’m guessing the checkbox if for if u use Google Earth Pro and the Litchi Hub to create a mission using google earth terrain data. There is a video on this under the litchi hub guide. Basically u plot your mission including terrain data in Google Earth Pro, export as a .kml file then import to litchi. Now u have terrain data and your mission will be relative to the ground.

I'm no Litchi expert but I find that to be generally NOT true.

From my experience, and I'm also in a hilly area, Litchi does indeed know the ground elevation and should I tick that box, it will adjust the AC accordingly.

2019-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules