Is spark a reliable drone ?
1296 18 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc62dfedd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 541 ft

Colombia

I have been reading all the problems that this drone has also the crash that the mine had, i am very concern about the quality and the reliability of this one.

Can i use it without bieng worried to crash again or be missing in a erratical manouver ??
2018-7-17
Use props
Yukon 3-0268
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1148 ft
United States

Ive had mine since May 22,2018 and have not had one problem with it.
2018-7-17
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173045 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, It is
2018-7-17
Use props
Lowkicker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yes it is - take time to understand the limitations of the drone, and importantly, the specification of the radio in your region (EC, FCC etc) - these last factors will help you understand reliability at a distance.

There is always going to be a "Human" factor to your query - but on the basis of the device in isolation - rock solid.
2018-7-17
Use props
MartyTravels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394173 ft

If you are lucky to have a flawless unit then it's probably reliable ;-)

Mine not so much...but this way you can learn how to cope with error before getting a real drone :-)
2018-7-17
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

More people are likely to post about bad experiences than good ones.  I look at the Flight Distance numbers under member's avatars here, that's a good indication of reliability to a great extent (some users have multiple drones, so the numbers may be spread over those aircraft).  

Being aware of all the limitations of any model aircraft you choose to fly will be reflected in the success you have flying.  The majority of bad news posts you see are from very inexperienced users, who did not read the manual, did not read forums, did not watch Youtube before trying to fly.  

Most countries you have to pass a test to drive a car, you have to study for that.  Some countries are now considering the same sort of thing for flying drones.  Are you ready?

So the question you ask should also ask.... Is the pilot reliable?

2018-7-17
Use props
fansc62dfedd
lvl.1

Colombia

Northwood Posted at 2018-7-17 06:58
More people are likely to post about bad experiences than good ones.  I look at the Flight Distance numbers under member's avatars here, that's a good indication of reliability to a great extent (some users have multiple drones, so the numbers may be spread over those aircraft).  

I am new with drones i am learning i read all manuals blogs but there are more things to learn i was reading about the radio specifications in my region something about ec fcc well i will continue asking
2018-7-17
Use props
fansc62dfedd
lvl.1

Colombia

Thank you all for your answers and comments
2018-7-17
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3

I've only had mine a couple months but it's been super reliable so far.  I read on here to educate myself on the do's and do not's and how to use the aircraft correctly to avoid any issues and so far I've been pretty much issue free.  I've had two big crashes but both were totally user error and other than a broken prop the Spark was right back up and flying after both crashes.  Really impressed and pleased with my little bird.
2018-7-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

For me (I have two), it is a 50/50 Chance ;-)
The one is a great flight buddy, the other just not so great during take off.
But aside that, they are both good if in the air and higher up.

And taking in account that negative experience will always get more people to complain about,
as good experience will make people applaude in a product forum, I'd give it a yes!
2018-7-17
Use props
Cruicer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15764 ft
United States

I got mine a few months ago and it's a blast...Up to this point I've been very pleased with the Spark.  It's my first drone and indeed it is a blast to use.  If you are looking to get one, purchase a few extra batteries...4 is better, the fly more combo comes with 2 extra and 1 with the drone (3).  Now DJI doesn't support it, but the OTG cable is a nice to have as well.  It is a bit more reliable than the Wifi and it will save your phone's battery life too.  You WILL crash, if there is a single person on the forum that says "I've never crashed", I'd challenge that statement.  So get a few extra props too.  The Fly more I think you get an extra set...but buy a few more.  It's a mechanical piece of equipment something is going to break or malfunction eventually.  But for the most part, I've been very pleased with mine.  Just watch the videos on setting it up and indeed read the manuals or watch a video on the manual's topic.  Take your time...fly in open spaces and slow for a bit...eventually  you'll be buzzing all over the place, but just take it slow...Good Luck.  
2018-7-17
Use props
Tyr76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28510 ft
Netherlands

Just a [new pilot] here, but as far as first (month) impressions go, it's amazing! Looks like a toy but will surprise you.Getting used to it took me a while and yes,I had to repair/ run after the damn thing in the beginning, but as previous posts already mention it's a short learning period, and a surprisingly tough little drone.JJust make sure you go for the fly more combo and get yerself an OTG cable aswell. I didn't and had a few frustrating weeks, not to mention unnecesary extra expenses.
2018-7-17
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

It depends on how long the pilot has been flying model aircraft.  Newbies are expected to make mistakes so they use cheap drones to learn on.

You need to be able to fly yourself.  GPS and compasses can have errors do to the environment, operator error, or more rarely, manufacturing mistakes.  That is why airlines still have pilots onboard even though airliners have triple autopilots and dual navigation units.  Many Sparks are flown without a pilot present and instead rely on a photographer.  

Like boarding a United Airlines plane and discovering Tony Northrup is your pilot today.

Spark charge.gif
2018-7-17
Use props
Mathes83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179436 ft
United States

I love mine. I was definitely inexperienced and crashed it, but totally my fault. It’s the perfect price point for a beginning drone and photos and videos are great for what I’m using it for
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. Yes, the DJI Spark is one of the toughest Consumer Drones in the market today. For reference, I will post a link where you can find the specifications, videos and downloads of the DJI Spark.

https://www.dji.com/spark?site=brandsite&from=nav

2018-7-17
Use props
33db
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

No, in my experience it's actually dangerous after the last update... battery shows as 93% but the lights on the battery were at 1.
2018-7-17
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Every Drone has its Pros and Cons. Most Accidents occur due to User Error. Everything is Risky, you shouldn't be afraid, just know what you are doing and you are Good to Fly.

Seeing you as A Precautionist, its already a Good Sign that you can be a Good Pilot.

Believe me.

2018-7-18
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

Northwood Posted at 2018-7-17 06:58
More people are likely to post about bad experiences than good ones.  I look at the Flight Distance numbers under member's avatars here, that's a good indication of reliability to a great extent (some users have multiple drones, so the numbers may be spread over those aircraft).  

Yes, listen to Northwood - Look at the flight distance

I can verify the Spark is a good craft overall.
If there is an issue, DJI makes it right (if it is not my fault).
But then, DJI Care Refresh + takes care of that

Android users tend to suffer a bit because the last known good app version is 4.1.12 and 4.1.15 - don't use the current version.
While the iOs users are at 4.1.22

But like I said, great drone overall.

Post #11 mentions the OTG cable and how DJI does not support that connection.
However, with the upcoming firmware update that has been delayed, that version is to support OTG and hopefully get Android users back on track.

2018-7-18
Use props
R503B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14672 ft

So far i am using it from a phone and it hasn't let me down yet.
2018-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules