Controller Layout for Handicapped Folks
709 9 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HyLenz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

So my 85 year old dad has decided the Mavic Pro would be a cool toy to play with. After several months getting him to understand how it all works, I could not figure out why his camera up/down movements were so choppy. Last night it finally came out. Heres the back story...
He had run his left hand through a table saw when he was a kid in school. As a result, his left index and middle finger do not work correctly. Medicine has come a long way in 70 years. Back then you were lucky to get them sown back on, never mind working right. So the problem is because his fingers do not bend, he cannot roll the gimbal tilt wheel smoothly. Is there any way to swap the wheels on the controller? It would be great if he could use his right hand for the gimbal tilt. I could not find any custom mapping that would make this work. I have slowed the movement speed to make it smoother, and it is better but still very hard for him to work the tilt wheel. Any ideas? Thanks

2018-7-17
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Not really sure but use 2 controllers so you can keep the Mavic safe from crashes.
2018-7-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

He could use touch screen on the device within the app to control the gimbal tilt
2018-7-17
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-17 06:41
He could use touch screen on the device within the app to control the gimbal tilt

Good advise, that's where we are at now, along with slowing the tilt speed. Seems to be the best option. The touch screen works ok, but it is easy to touch the wrong place, or miss the tilt dots, causing the camera to focus and center where you touched.
2018-7-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HyLenz Posted at 2018-7-17 06:56
Good advise, that's where we are at now, along with slowing the tilt speed. Seems to be the best option. The touch screen works ok, but it is easy to touch the wrong place, or miss the tilt dots, causing the camera to focus and center where you touched.

Set it to double touch - that way it shouldn't interfere with tap to focus
2018-7-17
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-17 06:59
Set it to double touch - that way it shouldn't interfere with tap to focus

Excellent. I will try that. Did not realize there was a double touch.
Thanks
2018-7-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HyLenz Posted at 2018-7-17 07:01
Excellent. I will try that. Did not realize there was a double touch.
Thanks

No problem - hope it helps  
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, and like A CW mentioned, you can use the gimbal tilt on the DJI GO 4 app itself for you to control the gimbal up and down and we will forward your concern to our R&D engineers to see what we can do.
2018-7-18
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-18 11:55
Hi, thanks for the inquiry, and like A CW mentioned, you can use the gimbal tilt on the DJI GO 4 app itself for you to control the gimbal up and down and we will forward your concern to our R&D engineers to see what we can do.

Being able to swap/program wheel functions in the app would be perfect. Like the C1-C2 buttons can be programmed. Or they could develop a Controller Profile section for the controller, then it could be added to a custom or user controller profile. Maybe the engineers can come up with something. Thanks
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HyLenz Posted at 2018-7-18 13:14
Being able to swap/program wheel functions in the app would be perfect. Like the C1-C2 buttons can be programmed. Or they could develop a Controller Profile section for the controller, then it could be added to a custom or user controller profile. Maybe the engineers can come up with something. Thanks

Hi, thanks for sharing your idea, we will add this information as well.
2018-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules