Choppy Video when Panning
1537 5 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterHammond
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10190 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,  Im gradually sorting out all my problems with my new inspire 1 Pro and X5 camera however im still having a problem with choppy/Jerky video when panning, am I expecting too much from my X5, everything seems fine, in fact vwery nice when shooting forwards, backwards and sideways but just doesnt seem to like panning smoothly either Panning by craft or Gimbal.

The craft, controller and camera are all fully up to date with firmaware as is my ipad mini 4 and Im using a brand new video card which is a Sandisk Extreme Plus (100mbs second) so none of these items should be at fault.

Here is a link to the teat video shot at 4k 25 fps with a shutter speed of 1//50th second

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pe ... 68801/in/datetaken/

Any commnets would be welcom, is it just a matter of slowing the pan down
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Do you have a sample footage for the panorama?
2018-7-17
Use props
PeterHammond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Click on this link

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pe ... 68801/in/datetaken/
2018-7-17
Use props
PeterHammond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Link From Flikr Account
2018-7-17
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi Peter,

You also have to take in account your computer speed (can the hardware keep up?), compression at Flickr, YouTube etc. It also can depend on your monitor - it might run in 60hz and you view media in 25fps, which can make the video seem choppy.

You can also in a video editor check frame by frame how much the scenery moves between every frame. You might need to make slower panoramas in 25fps depending on distance to objects. Also a bit of motion blur can help (it will not remove stuttering video at all, but it can fool the brain a bit and make it more acceptable).

2018-7-17
Use props
PeterHammond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It's nothing to do with tube or flikr the video looks exactly like that on my computer.  I'm going to do a slower pan test tonight and upload the video to a friends webiste so you can comment further without any of the reasons you have so far given me.  I doing some major work next week on steam trains which will involve many pans and chase shots so hopefully my Inspire won't let me down.

Thank you for your replies so far, I'm also going to do the same pan using an X3 on a different craft just to make sure it's not the X5 I'll post the link to the new video/s later on tonight.
2018-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules